USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm moving a piano tomorrow. Don't ask.... I Hope the hernia operation afterwards is successful. :D

Moving%203.JPG

Oh my, that is ambitious and let's leave the hernia out of the equation okay? Do you usually move pianos? I always figure that's what those big muscle bound guys who hire out as moving people are for. :)

Foxy....I used to be a weightlifter for many years. Used to do a cycle of lifting 10,000 lbs in 5 minutes and do the cycle three times. Fast cycling and heavy weight puts on muscle mass fast. Real fast. :)

The problem was I grew out of all my shirts! :lol: My ex was not amused. I ended up with a pretty severe umbilical hernia. I had it surgically repaired about two years ago.

My aunt is moving her piano down from Virginia and asked me to move it into her house. I have two other guys helping but the piano weighs around 600 lbs and I know I'll be doing most of the lifting. I'm worried about the mesh in my abdomen tearing but my family doesn't seem to care.

"You're strong....you can do it!" :D Oh well....the things we do for family. :)

In all due respect my friend, I do understand that we sometimes do what we gotta do. But unnecessarily injuring yourself should not be among those gotta's.

The ladies in my family are old school southern belles. "I don't need to worry about a thing....I've got my big strong men to take care of everything." :lol:

Foxy....they are unconcerned because they don't have to be. It's a generational thing and a southern thing. It is expected. I am a bit worried....I have expressed concern....but what can you do?

I'm gonna move a piano tomorrow....that's the bottom line. :)

I understand even though I'm in my Mama Fox authoritarian mode here and am frowning and shaking my head. I will be sending you all possible good vibes.

Sherry has said the same thing....but she knows my family. It's easier talking to a brick wall. :)

I appreciate the good vibes. The job will get done, and I will try to protect myself. It'll be okay.

It is just a piano...

At the rate mine is leaving for the oldest daughter's house, I am going to have to move this one by myself.

Well I can't sleep again and its 3.30 AM Saturday morning in England. This time I can't sleep because I woke up from a vivid nightmare about half an hour ago and gave up trying to get back to sleep. I dreamed I was in a house and I woke up hearing burglars downstairs. I tried to telephone the police but someone had taken the downstairs phone off the hook. I propped a chair against the door to stop them getting in and then tried to light a torch, but it would not light. Then I opened the window to shout for help and there were people in the next garden. tried to shout but I was too scared, and nothing came out. Then I woke up.
It occurred to me after I woke up that the bedroom door was wrong, and I do not have a downstairs, and the torch was not quite the same as mine so I might have guessed I was dreaming and taken control of it. But I did not spot the mistakes in the narrative until I woke up.

Oh my, that is ambitious and let's leave the hernia out of the equation okay? Do you usually move pianos? I always figure that's what those big muscle bound guys who hire out as moving people are for. :)

Foxy....I used to be a weightlifter for many years. Used to do a cycle of lifting 10,000 lbs in 5 minutes and do the cycle three times. Fast cycling and heavy weight puts on muscle mass fast. Real fast. :)

The problem was I grew out of all my shirts! :lol: My ex was not amused. I ended up with a pretty severe umbilical hernia. I had it surgically repaired about two years ago.

My aunt is moving her piano down from Virginia and asked me to move it into her house. I have two other guys helping but the piano weighs around 600 lbs and I know I'll be doing most of the lifting. I'm worried about the mesh in my abdomen tearing but my family doesn't seem to care.

In all due respect my friend, I do understand that we sometimes do what we gotta do. But unnecessarily injuring yourself should not be among those gotta's.

The ladies in my family are old school southern belles. "I don't need to worry about a thing....I've got my big strong men to take care of everything." :lol:

Foxy....they are unconcerned because they don't have to be. It's a generational thing and a southern thing. It is expected. I am a bit worried....I have expressed concern....but what can you do?

I understand even though I'm in my Mama Fox authoritarian mode here and am frowning and shaking my head. I will be sending you all possible good vibes.

Sherry has said the same thing....but she knows my family. It's easier talking to a brick wall. :)

I appreciate the good vibes. The job will get done, and I will try to protect myself. It'll be okay.

I am concerned...if the piano gives him any trouble, he's likely to get pissed and in an adrenaline rush get it moved at the expense of physical injury. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...plus who will grill the sausages if he's laid up??:dunno: :D

I am concerned...if the piano gives him any trouble, he's likely to get pissed and in an adrenaline rush get it moved at the expense of physical injury. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...plus who will grill the sausages if he's laid up??:dunno: :D

I don't care if my guts are hanging out. I'm grilling tomorrow night dammit! :lol:

20120529-food-lab-cooking-sausage-hot-dog-17-thumb-625xauto-244802.jpg

I don't care if my guts are hanging out. I'm grilling tomorrow night dammit! :lol:

20120529-food-lab-cooking-sausage-hot-dog-17-thumb-625xauto-244802.jpg

My hero!!

So sorry Dajjal. I would stay up and keep you company but I can't stay awake so I'm headed to bed shortly. I just hope I can stay asleep.

Well, headed up on the ridge to an auction this morning and might buy a Ford 755B Utility Tractor Backhoe. Kinda old but looks to be in pretty nice shape, and it's a big bruiser of a tractor. I sure could use it around here, then sell it. Depends on what it goes for.

ford_zps85ok19ql.jpg

Well, headed up on the ridge to an auction this morning and might buy a Ford 755B Utility Tractor Backhoe. Kinda old but looks to be in pretty nice shape, and it's a big bruiser of a tractor. I sure could use it around here, then sell it. Depends on what it goes for.

ford_zps85ok19ql.jpg

Well good luck. Not just everybody aspires to own a backhoe. :)

ford_zps85ok19ql.jpg

Well good luck. Not just everybody aspires to own a backhoe. :)
That was a BIG, tractor. Bigger than I imagined. I could stand up inside that cab with room to spare, and I'm six feet tall, so it was a little more than I really needed.

Not to mention it is BOILING HOT up here in WI, and the humidity is about enough to choke you, so I split the auction. Nothing there I really needed so there's no reason to stand up there in that heat. Going to stay in the house with central a/c.

Operation piano move successful. :thup: We were able to get a 4th guy so we wrestled it off the truck and into the house.

Three guys would not have been able to do it.

Kinda funny....I'm holding it up while two wheels rest on the back of the truck bed. I don't realize I'm the only one holding the damn thing. :lol:

My cousin says very dead pan......'You need some help there. Right now...you're it." Ah....yeah....thanks a lot. :D

Operation piano move successful. :thup: We were able to get a 4th guy so we wrestled it off the truck and into the house.

Three guys would not have been able to do it.

Kinda funny....I'm holding it up while two wheels rest on the back of the truck bed. I don't realize I'm the only one holding the damn thing. :lol:

My cousin says very dead pan......'You need some help there. Right now...you're it." Ah....yeah....thanks a lot. :D

When I was a roadie for a rock band we had to move a grand piano off the stage. I was on the stage with the keyboard player and the rest of the band were on the floor below the stage. We did not think it through and rushed the piano off the edge of the stage. I felt my back going so I let go of the piano but the keyboard player held on and took all the weight himself. Somehow he found the strength to lower it down by himself but he strained his back. I always felt guilty of letting go of it, but he, being a pianist would rather have died than dropped it.

Forum List

Back