USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tattoos today.

I’ve only one tattoo, it’s never seen, it never see’s any sunlight, it still looks like it was done yesterday.
Today youth have tattoos everywhere, faces, necks, legs, arms, hands and every other place you can think of.
For those that have them on places where the sun can fade them I sympathise, they didn’t think it through, or not realised.
When I was younger I sailed onboard the greatest liner of its time, of course I went over the equator. The ceremony was done to me like other lads, sat down and my face whitewashed with unmentionable material in a mixture, then with acting, publicly shaved by roars of laughter and merriment, I have certificates proving I’ve sailed from right to left, and left to right over the equator entitling me to anchors on both arms if I do so choose to have them done.
Alas, I am not entitled to a swallow tattoo, this tattoo is to show I have served 5 years aboard a ship.

Tradirionally in Russia tattoos are a symbols of criminal achievements... But last 10-20 years tattoos became popular among young people, so their fantasy knows no boundaries :)

Ahhh yes the Russian criminal element have tattoos to show gang affiliations and status.

When Julius Caesar first landed, some say in Totnes in Devon, he was met by tribes of fierce blue painted and heavily tattooed men and women.
Then in the 17th and 18th century our sailors ventured into the Pacific islands under Cook and brought back tattoos performed by the natives on them, ever since this the tradition sailors have adorned themselves with tattoos.

Tattoos today.

Well Roy congratulations on your Tatt... I have heard stories about the ceremonies going over the equator... Tattoos imo are something that should be kept personal just like yours... To each his own...

When I was a much younger man I went to get a Tattoo at a quaint little parlor in Frankfurt, Germany across from 'shit park'... Had seen the establishment several times before as I had made a few trips to 'shit park' when the hashish market had dried up where I was living... Arrived early afternoon and made the trip from the bahnhof and woe is me they were closed... Never let an opportunity go to waste... Went across the street to the park, bought a gram of hash and grabbed a bench... :420:Hailed a taxi and headed to the neighborhood where the bahnof was and found a nice little Gasthaus to enjoy a few German-style Pilsners...

This was the artwork I was going to have placed on my right humerus...

zig-zag-served-daily-blog3.jpg

To this day I still don't have a tattoo... The ramblings of a misspent youth...

Tattoos today.

Well Roy congratulations on your Tatt... I have heard stories about the ceremonies going over the equator... Tattoos imo are something that should be kept personal just like yours... To each his own...

When I was a much younger man I went to get a Tattoo at a quaint little parlor in Frankfurt, Germany across from 'shit park'... Had seen the establishment several times before as I had made a few trips to 'shit park' when the hashish market had dried up where I was living... Arrived early afternoon and made the trip from the bahnhof and woe is me they were closed... Never let an opportunity go to waste... Went across the street to the park, bought a gram of hash and grabbed a bench... :420:Hailed a taxi and headed to the neighborhood where the bahnof was and found a nice little Gasthaus to enjoy a few German-style Pilsners...

This was the artwork I was going to have placed on my right humerus...

zig-zag-served-daily-blog3.jpg

To this day I still don't have a tattoo... The ramblings of a misspent youth...

Here is mine.

I'm ambivalent re tattoos. I don't have and don't want one or more myself. But have many dear friends and relatives with lots of tattoos. Probably our Coffee Shoppers who most are tattoo afficionados are Gallantwarrior (I think) and Ernie S. And I love them both dearly.

Sbiker!!!! Welcome back. Always a treat when you check in.

I like to be here, but job (or domestic needs) periodically breaks it :)

Understood. But we are always happen when you can get here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sbiker.
Sbiker!!!! Welcome back. Always a treat when you check in.

Understood. But we are always happen when you can get here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sbiker.

Thanks a lot, Merry Christmas to all you too (for us it happened right this night :)
Merry Christmas to you, Sbiker! There are many Russian Orthodox christians here in Alaska and this is a major holiday and celebrated, sharing with all who want to share. Lots of interesting customs, too.

Damn, I want to visit Alaska sometimes! :) It would be ideal to work in any Alaska oil companies as IT developer about year or two, but I'm afraid to get visa for this job is too difficult :)
You could still visit. I don't think even our current cold wave would affect you much, either.

I'm ambivalent re tattoos. I don't have and don't want one or more myself. But have many dear friends and relatives with lots of tattoos. Probably our Coffee Shoppers who most are tattoo afficionados are Gallantwarrior (I think) and Ernie S. And I love them both dearly.
I'm not a fan of tattoos myself, you'd have to ask my daughter. If I ever did get a tattoo, or two, one on the right cheek would read "Exit Only" and the one on the left cheek would read "If you can read this you are too close".

I'm not a fan of tattoos myself, you'd have to ask my daughter. If I ever did get a tattoo, or two, one on the right cheek would read "Exit Only" and the one on the left cheek would read "If you can read this you are too close".

upload_2020-1-10_16-13-15.png

Merry Christmas to you, Sbiker! There are many Russian Orthodox christians here in Alaska and this is a major holiday and celebrated, sharing with all who want to share. Lots of interesting customs, too.

Damn, I want to visit Alaska sometimes! :) It would be ideal to work in any Alaska oil companies as IT developer about year or two, but I'm afraid to get visa for this job is too difficult :)
You could still visit. I don't think even our current cold wave would affect you much, either.

As a tourist - offcourse... but it's a way, where I have to find holidays to use it for visit :))

As a tourist - offcourse... but it's a way, where I have to find holidays to use it for visit :))
I didn’t know Russians could leave Russia and enter the United States

Only if they get US visa :) Which else problems could be to do it? (except some of money to travel :)

Yes. Russia and the USA have full diplomatic relations. We can visit there. They can visit here.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:
Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery and comfort/peace for Peach.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Gracie for wellness, good solutions, and a conquering spirit.
Jackson for wellness.
And me, Foxfyre, for good news from upcoming tests.
Roy for wellness.
SFC Ollie's son-in-law - comfort, wellness, solutions.
Mindful's house fire damage.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and being blocked from caring for the animals.
And all those we love.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

Tonight's full moon is the first of 13 in 2020. The wolf moon due to the plaintiff howling of the wolves as they hunt winter prey.
maxresdefault.jpg

Busy few days here for me. I went to the dentist this morning for a 10AM deep cleaning appointment. I worked my normal 6PM to 2:30AM shift, getting home about 3. I'll be getting back up in about 5 hours and driving for about 5 hours for a weekend away. I come back Monday afternoon, go to work as normal Monday at 6. Then I have a second deep cleaning (for the other half of my mouth) Tuesday morning at 9AM.

I feel like there will not be enough sleep in between now and when I go to work Tuesday. :lol:

Only if they get US visa :) Which else problems could be to do it? (except some of money to travel :)
You need a sponsor, I'm here for you.

Oh! Do you have Dambldor's Time-Turner, to give me some extra time? :)

You need a sponsor, I'm here for you.

ekEKXwsgMs4.jpg

Yeah, we've got the normal winter with a bit of snow! :) I'm going to walk in park! :)

Forum List

Back