USMB Coffee Shop IV

Cooked dinner tonight and it was very bloody nice, too.

There is an ad on TV for a new show called How To Get Away With Murder. Sounds interesting...

I liked the trailers for that and it has a compelling cast. But the one show I started watching really didn't grab me. But then I don't watch much TV drama. I did get Hombre the first and second seasons of "Breaking Bad" on DVDs for Christmas though just on the recommendations of USMBers. :)
I agree. I've been trying to watch it every week but the plots are a little hard to believe for me. I've been doing the same with Madam Secretary but it's beginning to grow on me. I like all the actors in that.

One thing I did over the last couple of evenings was watch the entire Pacific series (the one they did after Band of Brothers). many years ago I had the opportunity, and honor, to talk with a couple of Marines who fought in the pacific, based on their relayed experiences the mini-series was very accurate. If you've never seen it it's not for the faint of heart but if you want an idea of what these men and women had to endure it's an excellent resource.

kevinsbuck.jpg

Here is a photo of the young buck my buddy, the vet, got with his bow yesterday on my farm. Nice, average-sized deer. Will be good eating!!!

I asked Mrs. BBD this afternoon what we were going to have for supper. She said, "Whatever you feel like fixing." After a short bit of whining, I made a big pot of ham and beans. Turned out pretty good if I say so myself.
Self reliance is a wonderful thing! If I don't unwrap it, I'm not eating.

I have always been a better than average cook. I was single for over 6 years when I divorced the first wife and used to cook all the time. Knock on wood, and God forbid, but if Mrs. BBD suddenly died, I wouldn't starve to death.
Both my sons are good cooks. I told them girls love that :)

BBD sucks putting up pics of dead animals.

Aw, come on Sarah. One man's poison and all that. . . . What grosses you out (and probably some others) is pure art to most of the guys. :)

Those of us who grew up on or around farms or grew up with hunters got used to seeing critters killed for food. I couldn't do it then and couldn't do it now unless I or others were starving, but I sure enjoyed the good meat once it was done.

Aw, come on Sarah. One man's poison and all that. . . . What grosses you out (and probably some others) is pure art to most of the guys. :)

Those of us who grew up on or around farms or grew up with hunters got used to seeing critters killed for food. I couldn't do it then and couldn't do it now unless I or others were starving, but I sure enjoyed the good meat once it was done.
Don't worry, Foxy, I could see that pic coming from days ago. He kept talking about it and I just kept expecting the photo.

I don't care really, it just makes me feel like he sucks.

These real estate sites are frustrating!!!!! Set up your search for single family homes for sale and morons will list townhomes and condos as single family plus list a low "sale" price and when ya click on it it's for rent only........ :mad:

These real estate sites are frustrating!!!!! Set up your search for single family homes for sale and morons will list townhomes and condos as single family plus list a low "sale" price and when ya click on it it's for rent only........ :mad:
Deception? On the wide wide world of the interweb?

Cue Claude Raines! "I'm shocked! Shocked that there is gambling here!".

Deception? On the wide wide world of the interweb?

Cue Claude Raines! "I'm shocked! Shocked that there is gambling here!".
Not only that ya have to watch for scams especially on the major sites, already had one contact me on a rental....... At least Zillow contacted me also stating it was most likely a scam based on what the "owner" (scammer) was saying as opposed to the original listing on other sites.

Don't worry, Foxy, I could see that pic coming from days ago. He kept talking about it and I just kept expecting the photo.

I don't care really, it just makes me feel like he sucks.

I don't particularly care what you think, Sarah G.

Play nice boys and girls. BBD doesn't suck...ever... and Sarah feels what she feels but really guys, if we can't say something nice......well, you know the drill in the Coffee Shop.

Play nice boys and girls. BBD doesn't suck...ever... and Sarah feels what she feels but really guys, if we can't say something nice......well, you know the drill in the Coffee Shop.
Yeah, he pretty much sucks for putting a pic of the dead animal on the board. There was absolutely no reason for that.

Forum List

Back