USMB Coffee Shop IV

76 in Foley at 11:52. The wife made it home about 9 last night and Becki and Josh spent the night. They left at 9:30.

Max is doing pretty well. They've been giving him something in the IV to counteract the nausea he's been getting from the IV antibiotics. We're all pretty confident that surgery will be avoided.

Yesterday morning, his appointment for the IV was at 6 AM. One would think that that would be an ungodly hour for someone in my business, but when you stop serving drinks at 2AM, get everyone out by 3 and then count out and clean up, it's usually 4:30 before you lock up.
Waffle House for breakfast and after the early appointment with the meds for nausea that tend to knock you out, the 6 AM seems just about right. He's in bed by 7 and gets 5 or 6 uninterrupted hours. He was back behind the bar at 8PM. Today will be tough. He has to be in by about 1:30 for a 14 hour shift.

The body is capable of doing amazing things to repair itself and that is such good news Ernie. He definitely stays on the list. Have ya'll considered maybe closing on Sundays to give everybody some quality R&R time?
So far, we have been open 274 straight days. Max and his wife are off Monday and Tuesday. My wife is off Tuesday and Wednesday and I take Thursday off. Our staff work a maximum of 4 days/week.
Sunday is usually a decent day. A lot of people come in for Max's famous bloody Marys which are more like a brunch than a cocktail.
Closing, even one day a week is a bad move in this business, and we never close before 2 AM.

We all knew what we were getting into when we bought the place and we are loving it.

76 in Foley at 11:52. The wife made it home about 9 last night and Becki and Josh spent the night. They left at 9:30.

Max is doing pretty well. They've been giving him something in the IV to counteract the nausea he's been getting from the IV antibiotics. We're all pretty confident that surgery will be avoided.

Yesterday morning, his appointment for the IV was at 6 AM. One would think that that would be an ungodly hour for someone in my business, but when you stop serving drinks at 2AM, get everyone out by 3 and then count out and clean up, it's usually 4:30 before you lock up.
Waffle House for breakfast and after the early appointment with the meds for nausea that tend to knock you out, the 6 AM seems just about right. He's in bed by 7 and gets 5 or 6 uninterrupted hours. He was back behind the bar at 8PM. Today will be tough. He has to be in by about 1:30 for a 14 hour shift.
Max sat out Sunday afternoon for some much needed sleep. His wife was the head mixologist today. Max is due in at 8.

Is it possible you may need another partner? Less income per person, but the time off may be more valuable.

Hope everyone is well. Just dropping by. I hope everyone had a good Xmas. I got myself a new digital camera which is what I wanted. Has great zoom and takes some awesome photos.

I have quite a few hours at work this week but sadly, as always happens, the bills come in, so no treats for me this week. Just new tyres for my car.

I hope everyone is well, I hear that some loved ones are a bit ill so here is hoping they recover. My thoughts are with you all.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

happy-new-year-shop_287917.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Sheila and Hombre's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and the Ringels in difficult transition,
Ollie and Mrs. O for a complete recovery,
Mr. H and his friend,
GW's daughter's friend Sachenda,
Ernie's friend and colleague, Max,
Boedicca's mom for healing and relief from pain,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
Safe travels for those traveling,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, Jughead, Sheila, and Becki and all the others who have been MIA lately. We hope everyone is okay.

happy-new-year-shop_287917.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

G'night - sleep tight.

Good for Noomi. Some snow last night. We will be having subzero dawns for a couple of days. Brrr. Been up an hour; the city looks nice under the carpet of snow.

Several people have been wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, I shall tell just a little about what has been keeping me busy. Remember the old western on TV called "Bonanza"? Also, I am sure that you all are aware of the series "Downton Abby. I have been busy writing my next best seller that sort of combines the two. I am going to call the book "Downtown Abby". It will be a book that describes the everyday lives and adventures of four priests who live in a big city and do what they can to reform the sinners. You will follow the stories of "Bishop Ben", "Father Hoss", "Father Littlejo", "Father Adam" and a whole host of characters who make you wonder how sin could have entered their lives. Book will be available in early March but unfortunately, it will not be available in Iowa due to literary constraint.

Several people have been wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, I shall tell just a little about what has been keeping me busy. Remember the old western on TV called "Bonanza"? Also, I am sure that you all are aware of the series "Downton Abby. I have been busy writing my next best seller that sort of combines the two. I am going to call the book "Downtown Abby". It will be a book that describes the everyday lives and adventures of four priests who live in a big city and do what they can to reform the sinners. You will follow the stories of "Bishop Ben", "Father Hoss", "Father Littlejo", "Father Adam" and a whole host of characters who make you wonder how sin could have entered their lives. Book will be available in early March but unfortunately, it will not be available in Iowa due to literary constraint.
That's okay --- I got relatives in Iowa. Nobody there can read anyway.

OFFICIAL NOTICE FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE BITCH ABOUT THE WEATHER CLUB.

Cold weather is upon us. I am not in favor of this. That is all.

Well thank goodness you're back on the job. Most of the rest of us have pretty well sucked at it. I actually am enjoying some real winter weather (for us) with seasonal temps in the 30's and low 40's and below freezing temperatures at night. Seems like this is always necessary for all the seasons to be normal. We need a LOT more snow though so ya'll who don't want yours, shoo it down here, okay?

Meanwhile it is summer in Noomi's part of the world and your photos are lovely, Noomi. You have a good eye.

And good morning everybody. I slept in one more morning though the last hour or two I've just enjoyed the warm covers and watching TV. But I feel good today and feeling good sure feels better than not feeling good.

Wishing everybody a great Monday. Probably most of you with jobs will have another short week yes?

Is it possible you may need another partner? Less income per person, but the time off may be more valuable.
With all of us in good shape, it's quite doable. We all do enjoy what we do.
We are to the point where we can pay the bills and Max and his family are eating and paying the mortgage, but the wife and I have yet to see a salary or any recoup of our investment.
Another partner, unless they bring something to the table that will really make us stand out, is out of the question.
Perhaps another beertender to take some pressure off of Max.... but if he's not behind the bar, he's not making money.

I really didn't get into this to get rich. I have Social Security and some money set aside, so I'll do fine.

It gives me something to do in retirement and as long as Max can feed his family, I'm fine.

We were going to close for Christmas and Christmas Eve, but our old head of security/back-up bartender came home on break from MMA in Orlando and offered to work doubles both days.
James made almost 600 bucks in tips and shift pay in those 2 days and we were actually a little ahead of a typical Wednesday and Thursday in the till.

Actually it sounds fascinating. I'll buy the book but I do expect it to be autographed. :)

Forum List

Back