Virus Panic Crowd: Stop Citing Italy. The Numbers are Skewed.

Trump's virus will eventually go away. There is a good chance it will lower and reduce Social Security rolls. Always look at the bright side.
It is not Trumps virus, goofball.

The USA will have far fewer deaths per capita than Europe or most major nations around the globe, and most of you Dimocrats obstructed his efforts to respond every step of the way.

An enemy got through the wire and into the compound. It has killed many and will continue to kill until it is forced out of the compound or destroyed in place. Someone forgot to stockpile munitions, so, the enemy is winning. After action reports will blame leaders for failing to act on intelligence reports and prepare for the attack.
That is totally completely false.

Do you ever tire of spreading lies, dude?

Plus Italy has the euro version of Medicare For All that America is not yet cursed with

You mean people can actually GET into a hospital, even if they are poor?
Noone is denied here, if they are sick. But here is Italy for you-
WBNNXOEWT5BJREPCYAU2CPJDM4.jpg

Medical personnel works inside one of the emergency structures that were set up to ease procedures outside the hospital of Brescia, Northern Italy, Tuesday, March 10, 2020. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia. (Claudio Furlan/LaPresse via AP)(Claudio Furlan/LaPresse/AP)
That is what 'health care for all' looks like. They ration health care during crisis and leave people to die in order to conserve treatment for those they deem more worthy.

...it is one of a few reason Italy is suffering...and shouldn't be used to compare to the U.S. .....
1) 2nd Oldest population in the world. Only Japan has an older population.
2) Heavy smoking population.
3) Poorly functioning government.
4) Poorly functioning single payer healthcare system.
Italy does have some disadvantages compared to the USA such as a bureaucratic strong central state, and a Health care rationing system.

But it is a major nation state too, and there is no reason not to compare us and them simply because their government has been mismanaged for so long.

As we test, the opposite will happen.
More people will be identified with the disease.
100 KNOWN cases, 1 death = 1% death rate
Testing everybody reveals 1,000 actually have the disease, but only 1 death = .1% death rate
Usually the number of cases of a disease is based on a count of those who voluntarily seek medical treatment.

Universal testing when there are no symptoms simply artificially depresses the percentages by including people not seeking treatment.

How did Trump "Crash the economy" Honey Boo Boo?

He ignored this crisis for months, called it a hoax, gave stupid orders, and dismantled the agencies to deal with it.

90331189_10156784592095178_5044785461084553216_n.png

He called it a hoax? Proof? Not what snopes says:

Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a 'Hoax'?

"
What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

No, he just said the reaction to it was a "Hoax". This is the problem in life when you a malignant narcissist like Trump. Everything is about him.

Iran is closely linked to china also and its dying from the wuhan virus only slightly slower than italy

And all the other countries closely linked to China?
NOt as close as italy

Several much more closely, Captain Transparent.
... italy is VERY closely tied to china through trade, ....

At least 65 nations could say the same.

Iran is closely linked to china also and its dying from the wuhan virus only slightly slower than italy

NOt as close as italy

Thanks to the Belt and Road Initiative italy has a special relationship with china

Not only is Italy's population significantly older, sicker and more dense than ours in the US, but the way they report death in hospitals is different than ours.

Except in isolated, urban areas where the virus is very bad, America needs to get back to work and school, and we need to do it SOON. Before the economy cannot be fixed!

But Prof Ricciardi added that Italy’s death rate may also appear high because of how doctors record fatalities.

“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus.

Why have so many coronavirus patients died in Italy?

Also....they have a huge Chinese migrant population.......due to their allowing China to buy up real estate in their country.....the region where the outbreak is the worst is where the Chinese community lived.....and they frequently travel back and forth from China.....from the very area where the virus outbreak occurred.......

Link?

Iran And Italy Are Paying A Hefty Price For Ties With Communist China

The reason these two countries are suffering the most outside China is mainly due to their close ties with Beijing, primarily through the “One Belt and One Road” (OBOR) initiative.

OBOR is Beijing’s foreign policy play disguised as infrastructure investment. Here’s how it works: China and country X agree to do an infrastructure project in country X. Country X has to borrow from a Chinese bank to finance the project. A contract is always awarded to Chinese companies, which then bring supplies and Chinese employees to country X to build the project. Clearly, the country that benefits most from this initiative is China.
---------

As part of the deal, Italy opened an array of sectors to Chinese investment, from infrastructure to transportation, including letting Chinese state-owned companies hold a stake in four major Italian ports. The deal gave communist China a foothold in the heart of Europe, but Conte downplayed it as “no big deal at all.”

Lombardy and Tuscany are the two regions that saw the most Chinese investment. Nearly a year later, the first Wuhan coronavirus infection case in Italy was reported in the Lombardy region on Feb. 21. Today, Italy is experiencing the worst coronavirus outbreak outside China, and Lombardy is the hardest-hit region in the country.

And the many many other countries that have been working very closely with China as part of this wide-ranging infrastructure program? You may be mistaking correlation for causation.

Belt and Road: past, present and future

Iran for example? I didn't say it was the only reason...it is one of a few reason Italy is suffering...and shouldn't be used to compare to the U.S. .....

1) 2nd Oldest population in the world. Only Japan has an older population.

2) Heavy smoking population.

3) Poorly functioning government.

4) Poorly functioning single payer healthcare system.

And for the most part, many sections of Italy are densely populated

Plus Italy has the euro version of Medicare For All that America is not yet cursed with

Medical personnel works inside one of the emergency structures that were set up to ease procedures outside the hospital of Brescia, Northern Italy, Tuesday, March 10, 2020. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia. (Claudio Furlan/LaPresse via AP)(Claudio Furlan/LaPresse/AP)

weeks ago, according to yer president - 'anybody who wants a test can have one ' & that was a lie.

weeks ago, according to the bible thumper - ' millions of tests will be available at the end of the week' that was a lie.
The “Bible thumper?”

Is it faith in God that chaps your ass?

wow

i think that if anyone put out incorrect information it was the result of chaos not intentional deceit

first of all - i am a christian. but i also believe in science. real hard core factual science.

ya - the buble thumper - when he was governor of indiana wrote an op/ed declaring that tobacco & its use didn't kill.... & when it had an HIV outbreak, he closed down the one & only planned parenthood clinic that tested for the disease & when the EXPERTS were pleading for a needle exchange program to be implemented because the vast majority of the cases were from IV drug use - pence refused & instead wanted to 'pray on it'. when the numbers were still rising depite his draconian answer to combat it - he finally relented, signing an order for needle exchange & the numvbers immediatley started to go down.

I highly doubt you are actually a professing Christian but okay

NOt as close as italy

Thanks to the Belt and Road Initiative italy has a special relationship with china

Thanks to the same initiative, so do many other nations. Try to use reason once in a while and not just your emotional hatred for Chinese people.

NOt as close as italy

Thanks to the same initiative, so do many other nations. Try to use reason once in a while and not just your emotional hatred for Chinese people.

I have no hatred for Chinese people or any Asian people. However. The wet markets--no. Obviously, a place teeming with unhygienic practices that have leashed some really nasty stuff on the globe.

NOt as close as italy

I have no hatred for Chinese people or any Asian people. .....

I wasn't responding to you.

NOt as close as italy

I know I'm just making clear that I do think China actually does have responsibility in this because those markets are a hotbed for poor hygiene and food sanitation. I know South Koreans eat some different foods, if your comparison is American foods, which is fine. Just prepare them safely so we don't have viruses jumping from animals to humans.

weeks ago, according to yer president - 'anybody who wants a test can have one ' & that was a lie.

weeks ago, according to the bible thumper - ' millions of tests will be available at the end of the week' that was a lie.
The “Bible thumper?”

wow

i think that if anyone put out incorrect information it was the result of chaos not intentional deceit

first of all - i am a christian. but i also believe in science. real hard core factual science.

ya - the buble thumper - when he was governor of indiana wrote an op/ed declaring that tobacco & its use didn't kill.... & when it had an HIV outbreak, he closed down the one & only planned parenthood clinic that tested for the disease & when the EXPERTS were pleading for a needle exchange program to be implemented because the vast majority of the cases were from IV drug use - pence refused & instead wanted to 'pray on it'. when the numbers were still rising depite his draconian answer to combat it - he finally relented, signing an order for needle exchange & the numvbers immediatley started to go down.

lol... i see you didn't refudiate anything about the thumper..... thoughts & prayers suzy thoughts & prayers he & 'mother' weren't exposed....:113:

I know I'm just making clear that I do think China actually does have responsibility in this because those markets are a hotbed for poor hygiene and food sanitation. I know South Koreans eat some different foods, if your comparison is American foods, which is fine. Just prepare them safely so we don't have viruses jumping from animals to humans.

How dare those poor people of color be poor people of color!

The “Bible thumper?”

wow

lol... i see you didn't refudiate anything about the thumper..... thoughts & prayers suzy thoughts & prayers he & 'mother' weren't exposed....:113:

I know Trump occupies every one of your brain cells sweetheart but he doesn't mine. Notice the thread was SUPPOSED to be about COVID in Italy before those of you afflicted with TDS couldn't help yourselves

NOt as close as italy

So far the captive chinese companies are mostly in asia and africa

italy is one of the sickest countries in europe and the first to sell out to china

I get along ok with chinese on a personal basis

but not the ccp (chinese communist party)

you on the other hand are shilling for the communist dictatorship

Forum List

Back