Warren is heartless to those who save for college

It shows how what we really need right now is affordable college. I think most of us just want to know itā€™s not going to be a fortune when our kids go to college.
You can star off by not REQUIRING kids to take fluff bullshit classes that have nothing to do with their educational NEEDS for their career path.

For example, what "fluff" courses are required in college?
CUNY requires Africana Studies.

You got that backwards pal. They vote for Warren to get something for free, they don't care if someone else is paying, because all they care is themselves.

Education is good for the whole country

Students should not have to go deeply in debt to be educated. The rest of the world knows that

Than make education cheaper by getting government out of it. The fed govt absolutely guarantees tuition costs, so of course every single year the tuition costs grow, because they are guaranteed.

Second, don't bullshit me, you become an adult and you had a choice to go to college. Once you make a choice, you take all the consequences that come with that action, good or bad. Paying off the debt is expected, regardless of ability to actually do it within your field of study.

Students in most countries do not face those consequences

Students in most countries don't study culinary arts, psychology, liberal arts, and gender studies as requirement to get their STEM degrees.

More bullshit from Conservatives

The most popular majors in our country are Business, Education, Healthcare, STEM and Liberal Arts

What that has to do with anything that I wrote above?

Iā€™ve been to all of those cities. They are great communities with exceptional restaurants, nightlife, cultural activities and places of interest to visit.

I have also visited rural America where the cultural attraction is the Walmart and Dennyā€™s Grand Slam Breakfast.

Iā€™ll take those cities any day

I see we agree on something for a change! As for me, I'll avoid the Southside of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, and the list goes on.

It shows how what we really need right now is affordable college. I think most of us just want to know itā€™s not going to be a fortune when our kids go to college.
You can star off by not REQUIRING kids to take fluff bullshit classes that have nothing to do with their educational NEEDS for their career path.

There are plenty.

From my daughter's university website.

"All students must complete 40 credits of general education, including at least one course (of three or more credits) from the list of approved courses offered in each of the following 10 areas: Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning (F.1 - F.2), Arts, Foreign Language and Culture, Global Perspectives, Literature, Natural Science and Technology, Social Science, Western Civilization (E.1 - E.7), and Knowledge Applications (I.1). Note that courses in these knowledge areas may not double count with each other."

It doesn't matter that her major is computer science, she has to take "fillers" to satisfy requirement.

Most of fillers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.

Warren epitomizes the story of two wolves and a sheep stranded on a desert island voting to decide what they will have for supper

I think she will have little trouble convincing ignorant young snowflakes in college that they deserve to be supported by working class Americans

There are plenty.

From my daughter university website.

"All students must complete 40 credits of general education, including at least one course (of three or more credits) from the list of approved courses offered in each of the following 10 areas: Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning (F.1 - F.2), Arts, Foreign Language and Culture, Global Perspectives, Literature, Natural Science and Technology, Social Science, Western Civilization (E.1 - E.7), and Knowledge Applications (I.1). Note that courses in these knowledge areas may not double count with each other."

It doesn't matter that her major is computer science, she has to take "fillers" to satisfy requirement.

Most of filers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.
Without the fillers you list many worthless professors would not have a job and would face a grim existence working at Starbucks

Education is good for the whole country

Students should not have to go deeply in debt to be educated. The rest of the world knows that

Than make education cheaper by getting government out of it. The fed govt absolutely guarantees tuition costs, so of course every single year the tuition costs grow, because they are guaranteed.

Second, don't bullshit me, you become an adult and you had a choice to go to college. Once you make a choice, you take all the consequences that come with that action, good or bad. Paying off the debt is expected, regardless of ability to actually do it within your field of study.

Students in most countries don't study culinary arts, psychology, liberal arts, and gender studies as requirement to get their STEM degrees.

The most popular majors in our country are Business, Education, Healthcare, STEM and Liberal Arts
Foreign countries make students take subjects directly related to their major.

So?
What is wrong with taking a few electives? Makes for a more balanced education

Doesnā€™t negate that contrary to Conservative misinformation, most students take relevant majors

CUNY requires Africana Studies.

For all majors? Do all colleges require Africana Studies?

There are plenty.

Most of filers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.
Without the fillers you list many worthless professors would not have a job and would face a grim existence working at Starbucks
Why would you object to courses like writing, foreign language, literature, science, social science?

Warren's student loan idea will never work. She would have to guarantee a large tax credit to everyone who ever paid off a loan before. Otherwise, jealousy by those who paid before will sink the bill.

I do believe a large student loan forgiveness plan is coming. I know people putting off payments for their loans through forbearance right now assuming they wont have to pay in the end. I think they will be right.

Warren's student loan idea will never work. She would have to guarantee a large tax credit to everyone who ever paid off a loan before. Otherwise, jealousy by those who paid before will sink the bill.

I do believe a large student loan forgiveness plan is coming. I know people putting off payments for their loans through forbearance right now assuming they wont have to pay in the end. I think they will be right.

I paid for my college and my son worked and paid for most of his. We both finished without loans.

But I know many of my sons friends and family who are saddled with high student debt. I feel no ill will if they get help paying that debt.

So?

Doesnā€™t negate that contrary to Conservative misinformation, most students take relevant majors

Nothing wrong with electives if they're offered based on supply and demand, and not as requirement. Why would student be required to study "medieval philosophy", or "baroque arts" to get his mechanical engineering degree? You really like that class, do it outside of your major, as hobby perhaps.

When I am looking for mechanical engineer to design me a detail for my robotic station, I don't really care if he has knowledge in Rembrandt or Velazquez. We may, of course have some interesting conversation, but all I need from him is to design me a damn detail for my project.

There are plenty.

Why would you object to courses like writing, foreign language, literature, science, social science?

We're objecting them as requirement to get unrelated degrees.

Really, you're trying to sneak "science" into rest of those?

Why would any of those (except science) classes be requirement or mandatory to get a degree in mathematics or physics?

I paid for my college and my son worked and paid for most of his. We both finished without loans.

But I know many of my sons friends and family who are saddled with high student debt. I feel no ill will if they get help paying that debt.

I agree with you. But, as we both know, life is a negotiation sometimes. People who previously paid off their loans will get something in return for supporting this idea. It might not be a lot, but, I could see a 5-10K tax credit as a payoff to those voters.

There are plenty.

Most of fillers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.

How would one semester of Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning, Literature, Western Civilization, Social Science and other not be of benefit to someone in Computer Science?

How are general education courses, fluff courses?

So?

Nothing wrong with electives if they're offered based on supply and demand, and not as requirement. Why would student be required to study "medieval philosophy", or "baroque arts" to get his mechanical engineering degree? You really like that class, do it outside of your major, as hobby perhaps.

When I am looking for mechanical engineer to design me a detail for my robotic station, I don't really care if he has knowledge in Rembrandt or Velazquez. We may, of course have some interesting conversation, but all I need from him is to design me a damn detail for my project.
You are not required to study medieval philosophy. Electives are in writing, literature, critical thinking, foreign languages.

Do you think if your mechanical engineer speaks Chinese that he is more employable? How about if he has good writing skills ?

Specifically, who will pay off all those loans?

Why does the far-left believe that rewarding bad behavior and punishing good behavior is an excellent public policy?

Exactly why I am pushing my kids to leave America behind and move to Europe for college...MUCH MUCH cheaper and in many cases free. Along with Universal education comes universal healthcare and paid maternity leave and an overall happier population! Hope at least a few of my kids do so. We have no money for college so they would be on their own...government can shit in one hand and wish in the other when it comes to my wife and I repaying bullshit loans to simply get educated to survive in this WONDERFUL country they have made almost unlivable without a college degree.
But they donā€™t have to pay for the most powerful military on earth

We have our priorities, they have theirs
We Have the Best Historians the Ruling Class Can Buy

Our military can pay for itself. The real reason Nixon got pushed out of office without a reaction from the people who had elected him in a landslide was that he caused the recession by not seized the OPEC oilfields. An embargo is an act of war, which was the real reason Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

The real (unauthorized and unofficial, therefore logical) reason Nixon backed down (occupying the oilfields was his first reaction) was that our Big Oil Occupied Government wanted to piggyback off OPECker price-gouging.
You Goofy
In College, You Live Like a Child. That's Why Grads on the Internet Have the Mind of a Child.

No, I'm Pluto. I'm worth my wait in plutonium, but I'm not going to share it with a society that wants me to live like a little Mama's Boy in college and never grow up.

I'm sure your Mommies are proud that you brown-noses got "a good job," but today's college graduates don't do a good job. White-collar frauds are nothing but ambitious imbeciles, cretins with credentials. They should be called yellow-collar, slurping the boots of the economic bullies who hypocritically make sure that their own guillotine-fodder brats get an adult allowance and paid-up tuition.

Father is telling Warren...

I got fucked, so every other parent should get fucked

So his neighbor who bought new cars instead of saving for his kids kid's college did the right thing? That is what typical Democrats do. They spend all their own money on whatever makes them happy at the time and then look for others to pay for what they deem to be necessities. Leeches.
Pathetic Preppylovers

You Diploma Dumbos don't care which kid had more talent, only which one's Daddy had more money.

There are plenty.

How would one semester of Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning, Literature, Western Civilization, Social Science and other not be of benefit to someone in Computer Science?

How are general education courses, fluff courses?

You had general education classes in elementary and high school.

Second, if they're so beneficial, why aren't they required for everyone regardless of majors?

And third, if they're so important why are they electives, meaning, you may take one or another, and not majors?

Forum List

Back