Was Bush the worst President ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush contributed to it with his homeownership program

Bush's contribution was minor. The Fed had been lowering rates since 9/11 to inflate the housing market and keep the economy growing. This is not to mention Fanny Freddie FDIC FHA SEC and all the other liberal agencies that were put in place to increase home ownership. Odd isn't it that liberals purposely blew up the bubble and then sought to escape responsibility when it burst.

I can name three that were worse
1# Wilson for the fed, took power away from the states with giving the senate to the direct vote, wwI.
2# James Buchanan.-Civil war
3# LBJ---Destruction of personal freedoms and he's the reason why we're dealing with the illegals today. On top of this nam.

I can name three that were worse
1# Wilson for the fed, took power away from the states with giving the senate to the direct vote, wwI.
2# James Buchanan.-Civil war
3# LBJ---Destruction of personal freedoms and he's the reason why we're dealing with the illegals today. On top of this nam.

Actually you're living with the worst we will probably ever know with our current POTUS...

And we have the likes of you, TM, Marc, deany, Danty, Luddy, Poet, Dot Com, LocoLahoto and a seemingly endless list of lazy liberals with their hands out who believe the world owes them everything for being here...

I don't know who TM, Marc, Danty.......etc., are, but you seem to have misrepresented Liberals. Not all people on welfare are Liberals, there's plenty conservatives (check out Appalachia and other areas), Liberals are the ones that are not stingy and want to make sure that the underprivileged get help, unlike Conservatives who just want to make the rich richer.

Europe can't pay their own bills and quit frankly they produce very little to the world...

China can't feed it's population and has created the largest housing bubble known to man so they can keep their GDP at a false level and the Yuan artificially low so their labor is still stable for their sweat shops...

Central and South America are fast becoming the cancer of the world...

But Oblamer wants our society to be on a even plain with this wonderful group...
And you figured this out, how?

Yeah if I voted for Oblamer, I would try to blame the last guy to...
I'm sure you voted for Bush, probably twice, and he put the country in the crapper, and that is somehow better?

Your delusions are your problem :whip:

"Liberals are the ones that are not stingy and want to make sure that the underprivileged get help, unlike Conservatives who just want to make the rich richer."

1)of course liberals give far less to charity than conservatives

2) liberals do not want to help they want to buy votes, thats why they expand the programs over generations when it is obvious they are cripppling rather than helping.

dear pick something specific if you want your lesson to begin. What are you afraid of?

ah, no link to provide. Not at all surprised. Moving on

moving on or afraid to say what nonsense in particular??? Why be so afraid to say?? What does that say about your character and IQ??

I answered your question . I said every point you made in the post in question. It's your I.Q that is dubious. You can't seem to follow a train of thought that started with you.
My character and I.Q. Have never been in question or up for discussion, except in the minds of those seeking to undermine me, thus drawing attention to themselves, at my expense.

ah, no link to provide. Not at all surprised. Moving on

moving on or afraid to say what nonsense in particular??? Why be so afraid to say?? What does that say about your character and IQ??

I answered your question . I said every point you made in the post in question. It's your I.Q that is dubious. You can't seem to follow a train of thought that started with you.
My character and I.Q. Have never been in question or up for discussion, except in the minds of those seeking to undermine me, thus drawing attention to themselves, at my expense.

dear pick something specific if you want your lesson to begin. What are you afraid of? What does your fear tell us about the liberal IQ and character?

Is that what Faux News is pushing lately? Iraqis are far worse now than they were when Hussein was in power, and all that taxpayer money that was spent destroying it and that is still going into helping them create a democracy is just money down the drain. So, yeah, conservatives who "hate" spending won't admit that it makes Bush "worst".

And so it came to pass. The greatest weapon of mass destruction turned out to be the invasion itself. Over the past ten years, Iraqis have witnessed the physical, social and economic destruction of their country – the aerial demolition of schools, homes and hospitals; the siege of cities such as Fallujah; US-led massacres at Haditha, Mahmudiyah and Balad; the biggest refugee crisis in the Middle East since the ethnic cleansing of Palestine in 1948.
The hawks were wrong: Iraq is worse off now

What caused the housing crisis was/is Republican/conservative ideology that companies, corporations will regulate themselves and therefor we need to cut out regulations. That's what caused the economy melt-down.

We just had an example of Republican's idea that companies regulate themselves in West, Texas, where a fertilizer company exploded because it hadn't been inspected in years!

Records: Texas plant hadn't told feds about explosive fertilizer - CNN.com

What caused the housing crisis was/is Republican/conservative ideology that companies, corporations will regulate themselves and therefor we need to cut out regulations. That's what caused the economy melt-down.

Which regulations did Bush cut?
When did the bill pass?
Give some details.

Bush contributed to it with his homeownership program to help minorities get loans they couldn't afford.

Bush Minority Homeownership Plan Rests Heavily on Fannie and Freddie

When President Bush announced his Minority Homeownership plans last week in Atlanta, his top priorities were new federal programs: a $2.4 billion tax credit to facilitate home purchases by lower-income first-time buyers, and a $200 million national downpayment grant fund.

But none of the new federal programs--if passed by Congress--will come even close to achieving the 5.5 million-household increase in minority homeownership the President set as his target.

Instead, most of the heavy lifting was assigned to two mortgage market players that have sometimes come under fire from Bush administration officials and Congressional Republicans: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Fannie's and Freddie's commitments are the bedrock core of the President's ambitious plans--but didn't get the headlines. Fannie Mae agreed to increase its already substantial lending efforts to minority families by targeting another $260 billion of mortgage purchases to them during the next nine years. Freddie Mac agreed to buy an additional $180 billion in minority-household home loans during the same period.

Besides its $180 billion mortgage purchase commitment, Freddie Mac gave President Bush a promise to implement a 25-point program aimed at increasing minority homeownership. Some of the points were cutting-edge. For example, as part of an effort to remove the fear of financial loss from first-time minority home buyers, Freddie committed itself to "explor(e) the viability of equity assurance products to protect home values in economically distressed areas."

Pressed for details on "equity assurance" by RealtyTimes, Freddie Mac vice president Craig S. Nickerson said the idea is still at an embryonic stage, but might involve limited guarantees or insurance coverage to protect buyers from the possibility of loss of their initial equity stakes should property values in their neighborhoods decline.​

Bush contributed to it with his homeownership program to help minorities get loans they couldn't afford.

Yes, Bush screwed up. This made things worse. This was not deregulation.

Based on 2 senseless wars and almost destroying the world economy.

actually Bush freed the Kurds and they love him for it. And, he(and all our allies) gave Iraq and Afghanistan a shot at freedom much like the French gave us a shot! To a freedom hating liberal that would make Bush the worst ever.

Also, if Bush was weak on the economy it was by not in getting rid of the liberals agencies: Fed SEC Fanny Freddy FHA, FDIC etc that caused the housing crisis. That one is too complex for a liberal to understand.

The housing crisis wasn't caused by Federal Agencies.

It was caused by bankers writing bad loans and selling them as over-valued investments.

actually Bush freed the Kurds and they love him for it. And, he(and all our allies) gave Iraq and Afghanistan a shot at freedom much like the French gave us a shot! To a freedom hating liberal that would make Bush the worst ever.

Also, if Bush was weak on the economy it was by not in getting rid of the liberals agencies: Fed SEC Fanny Freddy FHA, FDIC etc that caused the housing crisis. That one is too complex for a liberal to understand.

It was caused by bankers writing bad loans and selling them as over-valued investments

How stupid are you? The loans where rubber stamped by Clinton you moron, F & F bought all of this paper, have you ever heard of or understood what the Equal Housing Act is?

RealClearMarkets - How Did Paul Krugman Get It So Wrong?

The mind of a Liberal, what a terrible thing to waste...

Did you and Poet come out of the same womb???

Watch The Full Program Online | The Warning | FRONTLINE | PBS

Do you have a clue??? The Feds are funding ZERO DOWN LOANS TODAY MORON!!! NO MI, they are USDA LOANS!!!

Get out of my gym, bitch...

It was caused by bankers writing bad loans and selling them as over-valued investments.
And they just went ahead and wrote up that paper with absolutely no influence/pressure whatsoever from politicians and regulators ! :rolleyes:

Which regulations did Bush cut?
When did the bill pass?
Give some details.

It's not just about Bush, it's the Republican ideology. Republicans have always been for less stringent regulations, that's nothing new. They worked on dismantling the Glass-Steagall Act for a long time and finally got it passed. Bush did nothing to try and reverse it.
Glass-Steagall was designed to prevent exactly the kind of collaboration that brought us the Goldman-Sachs fraud. Glass-Steagall was repealed in 1999 by a Republican-controlled Congress who pushed for the passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley bill. Gramm-Leach-Bliley was named after its three sponsors, all of them Republicans: Congressmen Phil Gramm (R-Texas), Jim Leach (R-Iowa) and Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R-Virginia). The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act tore down the regulatory framework that would have helped protect against the sub-prime mortgage bubble and the speculation that led to a collapse of the market where speculators traded the "derivative" securities that were created from those sub-prime mortgages.
Daily Kos: The repeal of Glass-Steagall, who voted against it?

And, Bush blocked bill for stronger regulation to fertilizer plants - like the plant in West, Texas needed.
In the wake of 9/11, there was concern that fertilizer plants could be a danger to the population, since they store explosive chemicals. (And sometimes explode, as we saw last week.) But despite all George W. Bush's claims to wanting to make us safe in a post-9/11 world, his administration threw up roadblocks to the regulation of such plants, All in with Chris Hayes reports.
Daily Kos: Bush administration blocked stronger regulation of fertilizer plants in the wake of 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back