Was (Is) Jesus Yahweh

It depends on which scripture you want to rely on.
Despite the claims of those who know no Hebrew, there is absolutely no connection from the Jewish Scriptures to the New Testament.
For those who subscribe to the King James Version, which is a rather poor translation of the original Greek, they will usually point out the beginning verses of the Gospel According to John.
The debate over this issue is very old.

There is no debate. Every single book of the bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ. All of them. The Old Testament confirms the New Testament and the New Testament fulfills the Old Testament! Jesus Christ is God.

There is no debate. Every single book of the bible is a revelation of Jesus Christ. All of them. The Old Testament confirms the New Testament and the New Testament fulfills the Old Testament! Jesus Christ is God.

You're a nice, honest guy and I like you.
But...Horseshit.

Bible scholars only.
Indeed, Jesus Christ IS the Living God! He is the Son of God and One in The Holy Trinity that includes God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. Thus, three persons in One.

Jesus has told us this in the Holy Bible.

"Jesus saith unto him, I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." -- JOHN 14:6 KJV
This next Holy Scripture is speaking about Jesus.

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from Heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in Thee I am well pleased." -- LUKE 3:22 KJV​

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -- JOHN 3:16 KJV​

No other man ever, prophet, holy person or other on Earth can walk on water, heal the sick, raise the dead, and principally could die for our sins so that we may have Eternal Life but Jesus Christ who was crucified, died and was buried, and who resurrected (arose) from the dead on the third day to spend 40 more days on Earth talking and eating with His beloved people before ascending into Heaven according to the witnesses in His time and the Holy Bible. He came to the world to save mankind from sin and so that they could receive the eternal gift of Life in Heaven upon their departure from this world if they first accept Him as their LORD and Savior.

That which defines Yahweh as a God is much different than that which defines Jesus as a god... despite the tendency of Christians to describe them as One.

Jesus did not create the Universe and the Earth. Jesus did not expel Iblis from the ranks of Angels nor did he banish Adam and Eve from Eden. Jesus did not slaughter countless humans in the Old Testament with fire, wind, ice, earth, water, disease, famine, angels of death, wicked spirits, summoning/compelling animals, compelling other humans to commit murder, empowering humans with godlike strength, death by the Ark, etc, etc, ETC!

Jesus did not get angry and destroy 99.9% of humanity in one big ass flood. Jesus did not nuke Sodom and Gomorrah. Jesus did not chill with Moses at the top of a mountain and threaten to destroy all the people that were just freed from Egypt. Jesus did not turn Moses' nephews to ashes for burning the wrong incense. Jesus did not grant Solomon his wish and Jesus did not send his only begotten Son to die for your sins. I can go on.

God/ YHWH/ Allah/ Adonai is a Master of creation and a Master of destruction. God is "perfect" in the sense that God is the most powerful lifeform there is.

Jesus' archetype is more about what you people perceive as "Good"... things like unconditional love, humility, virtue, redemption, sacrifice, forgiveness, deliverance, salvation, happiness...

In the Bible, Jesus is passionate but not so passionate that he goes around consuming people in fire and turning people to ash when he is disrespected or challenged. Jesus instead uses wisdom to spread his positive message to the World, with the occasional Miracles, and looks for the "good" in even the lowest of people, encouraging them to seek redemption.

I believe in Jesus but there are obvious differences between Christ and YHWH... despite whatever connection it is that makes them like "One".

Last edited:
Ashtara, in all honesty Jesus as illustrated by the Gospels, was an asshole. Not nice, hated women more than Yahweh who was a local war Baal that supported the concept of women as property.

Ashtara, in all honesty Jesus as illustrated by the Gospels, was an asshole. Not nice, hated women more than Yahweh who was a local war Baal that supported the concept of women as property.

Jesus was passionate and could invoke some strong emotions to get his message across... but Jesus did not use genocide as a tactic of cleansing humanity, unlike YHWH.

Last edited:

this is why people who know nothing about the Bible shouldn't participate......

Could you please explain the Ba'al reference using verses.
Do you know what Ba'al means?
Almost every "god" over every aspect of nature had the Ba'al prefix.

Bible scholars only.

:rofl: Bible scholars? ON USMB? :lol:

I'm just kidding.

Genesis 1:26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

There has been many arguments over who the 'Us' is, that is being talked about here. Some translations capitalize 'Us' others do not. I believe that The Father is talking to The Son, and the entity that is known as The Holy Spirit(Let's face it, God Himself is an entity, we have no real understanding of what He is, how He could have always been, etc.)

It gets more complicated with John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.…

Almost everyone does agree that the Word being spoke about here, was Jesus the Christ. He had a hand in creating everything.

Does this make the God Yahweh Jesus the Christ? I honestly do not know. I cannot fathom the Trinity all being God. All I can compare it to is my relationship with my own son. He comes to me for advice on certain things, and on other matters I will ask his opinion. We as humans, are limited in our ability to comprehend things, to a certain point. There are some of us, who have unreal imaginations, they can create beautiful artwork, stories and such, but by being human, there are things even they cannot comprehend.

How powerful is God? He made the earth, and everything on it in 6 days. The smartest person in the world, could not learn all there is to know about the human body in 6 lifetimes, yet God created man in just 1 day. No one can assume to think as God does, anyone who does, just proves they have no clue, so the debate will continue.

Bible scholars only.

No.

Yahweh is simply a way of writing the Tetragrammaton with vowels to make it pronounceable. But it's one of many names for God. Jesus was not God. Supposedly he was the Jewish Messiah, though Judaism as a whole rejects this. Even if he was the Messiah, he then would not have been God since the Messiah as defined throughout the OT will be a mortal man. Messiah will not be God.

Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani - 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'

the Bible Scholars should take what Jesus said seriously ... and return to Noah and begin anew.

In point of fact, Jesus wasn't even Jesus. His given name was Yeshua. 'Jesus' is simply the English form of the Greek 'Ieosus.' Suppose if willing to take liberties with people's names, then ya sure, why not, Jesus was Yahweh. :)

Forum List

Back