Zone1 Was Jesus Woke?

What are you PERSONALLY doing wrongwinger? How many illegals would invaders are living in your home? Jesus wanted me to ask
I pay my taxes
My State has taken in tens of thousand of migrants

Republicans put them on a bus and send them out of town

heavenly jesus was a repudiation of judaism, the 1st century events and their self serving religion / documents.

- the c-bible is no different as they, the crucifiers excluded from their bible what jesus taught - liberation theology, self determination that allows christians the same arrogance as the jews.

some of his followers are not woke enough

1695485356937.png

It was a clumsy attempt to differentiate The jewish authorities from the general jewish populace.

Jesus wasn't at risk in the north. Herod Antipas basically ignored Jesus. The danger to Jesus seems to have been in Jerusalem.

Jesus practiced inclusivity and acceptance. He associated with people from marginalized and stigmatized groups, such as tax collectors, prostitutes, and lepers. His actions demonstrated the importance of embracing all individuals, regardless of societal prejudices. “The Pharisees and the scribes were grumbling and saying, ‘This fellow welcomes sinners and eats with them.’” (Luke 15:2)

Jesus challenged injustice. He confronted religious hypocrisy and social injustice, speaking out against oppressive systems and practices. He overturned tables in the temple, criticizing the exploitation of the poor (Matthew 21:12-13).

Jesus stood with and spoke for the poor and the oppressed. In his hometown synagogue, he read “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed.” (Luke 4:18). Jesus’ siding with the poor and standing with the oppressed led his hometown crowd to thrust him out of town and attempt to toss him over the cliff (verse 29). There are risks to being woke.

Haha!... the strawman is over the top with this one!
Jesus - 'Throw out the worthless servant into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth".
Jesus - "Whoever causes a child to commit sin, it would be better for them to have a great millstone tied around their neck and thrown into the sea"
Jesus - "But as to the enemies of God, bring them to me and slaughter them before me"

Need a few dozen more?

HAHAHA... woke... FFS... :rolleyes:

After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the Jews sought to kill Him.

Enduring Word Bible Commentary John Chapter 4.

1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee;

About six months passed between the events of chapters 6 and 7. Jesus spent this time in Galilee in public ministry and discipling His followers. The synoptics (Matthew, Mark, and Luke) delineate the activities of Jesus during this time while John does not.

for He did not want to walk in Judea,

Ministry in Judea at this time would not have been profitable for Jesus because He had too many enemies there. Jerusalem was the storm center regarding Jesus. Galilee and Judea were two different political jurisdictions. It was safer and circumspect for Jesus to minister in Galilee for this reason. For Jesus to walk openly in Judea would have been very dangerous for Him.

Jesus embraced diversity. His embrace welcomed and uplifted people from different backgrounds, races, and genders. Consider how Jesus lifted up Samaritans and often made them the hero of his stories, like the Good Samaritan or the Samaritan woman at the well. Jews didn’t like or even speak to Samaritans. “The Samaritan woman said to him, ‘How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?’ (Jews do not share things in common with Samaritans.)” (John 4:9). That is a significant parenthetical statement in the Gospel, revealing that Jews like Jesus were not supposed even share a drink of water with Samaritans when thirsty. Jesus broke down barriers between people.

Jesus named the evils of leaders’ greed and hypocrisy. He called out hypocrisy among the most religious people (Matthew 23:1-36) and encouraged his followers to be aware of double standards and to live with integrity. He identified greed and self-indulgence in leaders as an enemy to those on the margins of social and economic justice. He condemned leaders who “tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on the shoulders of others, but they themselves are unwilling to lift a finger to move them” (verse 4).

Jesus cared for the most vulnerable. In his classic parable about how God will judge (Matthew 25:31-46), Jesus emphasized caring for the most vulnerable members of society, such as the poor, the hungry, the sick, and the imprisoned. He taught the principle of providing assistance and standing up for those in need. Jesus showed compassion for the marginalized and suggested that we should do likewise, because that is how God will judge us.

Don't you love this re-invention of what the term "woke" is.
Now we are to believe that "wokeness" simply refers to being a nice person, or helping someone in a bad way.

Hilarious stuff. And yes, trolling.

Don't you love this re-invention of what the term "woke" is.
Now we are to believe that "wokeness" simply refers to being a nice person, or helping someone in a bad way.

Hilarious stuff. And yes, trolling.
OK
Provide your definition of woke

Merriam-Webster defines “woke” as: “aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice).”

Forum List

Back