Was JFK the last conservative democrat president?

Horse shit unless your over thirty you are dumber than a stump when it comes to Reagan. Reagan increased spending in the military industry to bring down the soviet union. So you can shut the fuck up also.

I am 51 years old.

Go look up the statistics.

Deficits and debt did increase under Reagan.

That is a cold hard fact.

I bet you think Reaganomics was a failure also?
Just exactly do you pull your facts from obama's asshole?

Reaganomics was a failure in many ways.

Besides the massive increase in debt and deficits, the U.S. went into an immediate severe recession. I remember working in K-Mart back then. Nobody, I mean nobody was shopping. Money was tight.

Income inequality increased greatly under Reagan. The rich got richer and the poor got poorer.

Money just did not trickle down.

Then after a few years of recovery, the U.S. went into yet another recession, precipitating the election of Bill Clinton.

Prove it.

Shouldn't need to. You liberals have been saying for years how the two parties have switched sides. So using liberal logic Kennedy would be a conservative Republican.

"Ask not what your country can do for you....." would make most liberal democrats puke in their mouth if said by Obama or anyone else.

Exactly, in Obama's america 47% of the population are victims........
Youve never met a social conservative huh?

It's a well known fact that Reagan's tax cuts increased the debt and of course never balanced the budget.

Horse shit unless your over thirty you are dumber than a stump when it comes to Reagan. Reagan increased spending in the military industry to bring down the soviet union. So you can shut the fuck up also.

National debt graph per president.
National Debt Graph by President

I'm repeating this link for BigReb who accuses me of getting my facts from the president's rear end.

Obviously, this link isn't located there.

You're talking bull shit without knowing what you are talking about.
JFK was assassinated before his tax cut policy was voted for in the senate. So duces bag tell me how in the hell could JFK tax cut policy be deemed a failure?

It is quite possible that the tax cut would have died in the Senate, but the political landscape changed strikingly before the Senate could act, when President Kennedy was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/24/50-years-after-the-house-vote-for-the-kennedy-tax-cut/

And Reagan you're joking of course.

As I've said numerous times, dumbest poster around here. Reagan ran up massive deficits.

horse shit Reagan brought down the soviet union dumb ass.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hold on

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaa

You're talking bull shit without knowing what you are talking about.
JFK was assassinated before his tax cut policy was voted for in the senate. So duces bag tell me how in the hell could JFK tax cut policy be deemed a failure?

It is quite possible that the tax cut would have died in the Senate, but the political landscape changed strikingly before the Senate could act, when President Kennedy was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/09/24/50-years-after-the-house-vote-for-the-kennedy-tax-cut/

And Reagan you're joking of course.

Not counting the Clinton years, there was only one year of a balanced budget after 1960.

Once you lie everything else is meaningless and irrelevant.
Clinton surplus was a myth contributed with his transferring money from social security to the general fund.

Good strategy, clip the part of my quote that proves you are wrong.

Funny. JFK is still extremely popular, so conservatives claim him as their own.

THIS, despite the fact that he was hated in the conservative South which almost universally saw him as a Northeastern Liberal.

GW Bush is unpopular, so conservatives distance themselves from him by saying he wasn't REALLY conservative.

Stay tuned for more conservative revisionist history with Reagan as the guest du jour as they regale us with how he was a committed Christian who cut the deficit and wouldn't compromise with Democrats, among other fictions.

It's a well known fact that Reagan's tax cuts increased the debt and of course never balanced the budget.

I am 51 years old.

When Raygun was running for president, he promised to balance the budget in his first for years. he never submitted one single balanced budget to congress in eight years, added $300 billion to the national debt every year. The national debt went from less than one trillion dollars to over $2.5 trillion, almost tripling the national debt. And he did it building thousands of useless nuclear bombs, and the "STAR WARS" weapon that never became reality. Then Shrub daddy almost doubled the national debt again in only four years, to over $4.5 trillion, and also started the Iraq war with "DESERT STORM".

fiscally responsible cons is a big lie!

Not counting the Clinton years, there was only one year of a balanced budget after 1960.

Once you lie everything else is meaningless and irrelevant.
Clinton surplus was a myth contributed with his transferring money from social security to the general fund.

Good strategy, clip the part of my quote that proves you are wrong.

Once you lied everything else was irrelevant. Now try again.

I am 51 years old.

When Raygun was running for president, he promised to balance the budget in his first for years. he never submitted one single balanced budget to congress in eight years, added $300 billion to the national debt every year. The national debt went from less than one trillion dollars to over $2.5 trillion, almost tripling the national debt. And he did it building thousands of useless nuclear bombs, and the "STAR WARS" weapon that never became reality. Then Shrub daddy almost doubled the national debt again in only four years, to over $4.5 trillion, and also started the Iraq war with "DESERT STORM".

fiscally responsible cons is a big lie!

The biggest lie of all CLINTON HAD A SURPLUS.

On the 50th anniversary of the death of JFK, I think the question should be asked. Was JFK the last conservative democrat president?

If you look at Carter's de-regulation of Transportation and Communications. . .

And if you couple that with Clinton's financial de-regulation and his pro-business economic team (Richard Rubin, for instance, who loved markets and detested regulations)...

Than you see a shift to the right that continued from FDR to the present day (mostly because business became powerful enough to start buying politicians and capturing regulators)

Similarly, we saw a progressive trend that started with FDR (arguably Teddy) and continued through Eisenhower and Nixon, both of whom used Big Government to build infrastructure, regulate the economy and support many of the New Deal's positions on Labor.

These trends overlapped, which gave government a functional centrism that it lacks today. Meaning: there were liberal and conservative members on both sides of the aisle, especially if you consider Southern Democrats who are far more conservative than most northern Republicans. Carter was an evangelical whereas Reagan (and his secularist/astrologist wife Nancy) had rarely attended Church services until he needed Pat Robertson to help him gain widespread electoral support for what was essentially a business agenda. [It's funny because the Rightwing, for all their distrust of Government, completely trusted in Reagan's religious shift. At the end of the day, Republican voters have immense faith in their government leaders]

Here is how I would put it. I think the country had two distinct phases.

A Big Government (pro middle class) phase that extended from FDR to Reagan. And a pro business (fuck the middle class) phase, which extended from Reagan to the present day. During each phase, members from the opposition party were forced to support the other side. For example: Eisenhower and Nixon supported Big Government infrastructure projects, the New Deal, and sensible regulations, whereas Clinton and Obama have followed the Reagan Model of allowing business to ship jobs to China, lower American wages, cut middle class programs and form monopolies over most domestic sectors (despite Obama's claim to want to restore competition to the Republican supported monopolies in health insurance).

The country is now owned by the large corporations (and their investors) who fund elections and lobby for government help. Republican voters don't understand this because FOX, as a rule, spends almost no time covering how Lobbyists apply financial pressure to politicians in order to secure subsidies, bailouts and Government intervention in the economy. I've actually tried to talk to "Talk Radio Republicans" about lobbying . . . only to realize that their news sources never talk about how much money the private sector pours into Washington and why.

Last edited:
On the 50th anniversary of the death of JFK, I think the question should be asked. Was JFK the last conservative democrat president?

JFK lowered taxes and fought to keep debt low.

President Kennedy on Raising Revenue through Tax Cuts and Economic Growth - YouTube

He even opposed the Fed via Executive order 11110

John F. Kennedy Assassination and Executive Order 11110 (The Real Reason He Was Killed) - YouTube

JFK asked the nation to ask what they could do for their country, rather than what their country could do for them.

So was JFK the last of the Mohicans in terms of conservatives in the democrat party?

No wonder a leftist killed him. They had to get LBJ in there to wage war in Vietnam, and then run of deficits, and pass massive entitlements that would cripple the gold standard. It then forced Nixon to capitulate to the Fed and create a worthless fiat currency, so that they could just print limitless funny money and run trillion dollar deficits.

There is no doubt about it, JFK had to die. May he rest in peace.

He was the last US President not controlled by the Bilderberg Group or any other Globalist Organization. :cool:

President Kennedy on Raising Revenue through Tax Cuts and Economic Growth - ouTube

John F. Kennedy ssassination and Executive Order 11110 (The Real Reason HWas Killed) - YouTube

JFK asked the nation to ask what they could do for their country, rather than what their country could do for them.

So was JFK the last of the Mohicans in terms of conservatives in the democrat party?

No wonder a leftist killed him. They had to get LBJ in there to wage war in Vietnam, and then run of deficits, and pass massive entitlements that would cripple the gold standard. It then forced Nixon to capitulate to the Fed and create a worthless fiat currency, so that they could just print limitless funny money and run trillion dollar deficits.

May as well ask "Was Reagan the last Liberal President?"

We all know the secretly conservative JFK had a conservative VP, a conservative cabinet and surrounded himself with conservative advisers. He comes from a family known for it's conservative values and support of conservative causes

President Kennedy on Raising Revenue through Tax Cuts and Economic Growth - ouTube

John F. Kennedy ssassination and Executive Order 11110 (The Real Reason HWas Killed) - YouTube

May as well ask "Was Reagan the last Liberal President?"

We all know the secretly conservative JFK had a conservative VP, a conservative cabinet and surrounded himself with conservative advisers. He comes from a family known for it's conservative values and support of conservative causes
Hell yeah the man who said this was a flaming fucking liberal

A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget.... As the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues. Prosperity is the real way to balance our budget. By lowering tax rates, by increasing jobs and income, we can expand tax revenues and finally bring our budget into balance.

By calling attention to a well-regulated militia for the security of the Nation, and the right of each citizen to keep and bear arms, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fear of governmental tyranny, which gave rise to the 2nd amendment, will ever be a major danger to our Nation, the amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic military-civilian relationship, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the 2nd Amendment will always be important.

A man does what he must -- in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers -- and this is the basis of all human morality.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

Every time that we try to lift a problem from our own shoulders, and shift that problem to the hands of the government, to the same extent we are sacrificing the liberties of our people.

oh yeah he was a liberal :lol::eusa_whistle:

So what happen to the soviet union and be VERY specific.

1. Resistance by non-ethnic Russians, which formed more than half of the population, to assimilation.

2. Failure of the centralized government provide for the physical needs of the members states in regards to food, clothing, and other essentials.

3. Corruption of the communist party officials who rewarded themselves, and kept workers in poverty.

4. Gorbachev's relaxation of freedom of speech laws lead to the release of a lot of pent up emotion and dissent allowing the dissatisfaction with the central government to grow into political unrest in the satellite states.

Reagan was more than happy to take credit but the USSR fell on its own merits, not because of anything Reagan did.

JFK was a strong progressive president, but was also ironclad on national security like Obama.

JFK understood that Capitalism, Prosperity, and Profits were essential to pay for his programs and not be abandoned nor demonized, but embraced. He was the last Democrat that saw tax cuts as a positive. His rising tide raise all ships premise is something sorely missed and something we need to get back to in order to improve unemployment and lessen dependency on the State.

Forum List

Back