🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Wasting Money On Education???

My 3 kids had NO choice upon high school graduation. They Had to attend college. No hanging around working a pittance blue collar job for some for sure horrible Ill begotten jerk boss who has no business being in charge of anyone. One cannot make a go of it that way and hope to ever get ahead. Their degrees have served them well.

So what did they get their degrees in ? German Polka? Lesbian Studies? French poetry?

They had ONE option. A college degree. No hanging around working for a loser company. There was NO other option that I would accept. It worked out well. But they had two parents at home who would not accept any other path after high school graduation. There was no other acceptable alternative.

Maybe so.....you do not waste your money educating Asians

You DO waste your money trying to educate conservatives

You liberals know math?

Heck we learned it with lemonade stands in the 2nd grade
It is conservatives who think you can cut taxes and increase spending and expect the deficit to decrease
Funny how come all the jobs in red states?
Why are they so poor?

Oh, I forgot
Education sucks in Red States

Top 10 Worst States for Education 2019

Trying to educate Conservatives is a waste of money

They are best suited for manual labor

Ha tell us once again how 40% of Americans making minimum wage is a good thing?

I think it is clear we need to divert the children of Conservatives away from higher education towards more vocational education

Like truck driver or mould maker.

Are you Loons sure you know WTF you’re talking about?
Let me teach you ignorant bastards some basic shit that’s all over www.google.com
Look who’s paying all the taxes for you degenerates.
58250662691e882c4e8b55e2-1136-1302.png
Whoop de Doo!

Not much of a margin

Public schools should be abolished.
So what do you propose to replace them?

Parochial schools, home schools, cyber schools could all do a bang up job.

The great thing about cyber school is that the teachers could be anywhere. The student might be in Hermitage PA, his classmates in Medford Oregon, Mudlick, Kentucky and Boston, and the teacher might be in Bangalore or Quezon City, and no one would be any worse off.

Cyber school relieves the school district of law enforcement responsibilities, and allows them to work strictly on the business of education.

We are a home school family, and use internet sources.

Internet is easy to cut and paste

“…an ambitious government study conducted by sociologist James Coleman had come to a conclusion so ‘seismic- that President Johnson’s administration considered not releasing it, and did release it on the Friday of the Fourth of July weekend….

The conclusion: ‘Schools are remarkably similar in the way they relate to the achievement of their pupils when the socioeconomic background of the students is taken into consideration.’” George Will, “The Conservative Sensibility, “ p. 315-316

“…a student's family background, coupled with a diverse socioeconomic mix in the classroom, appeared to be the biggest determinant of how well a child would learn. No one had said this before, backing it up with data. “ Coleman Report set the standard for the study of public education

WHAT???? “…“…a student's family background, coupled with a diverse socioeconomic mix in the classroom, appeared to be the biggest determinant of how well a child would learn.”

Family, family structure, and responsibility is more important than money or Leftist government policy????

11. “Different social classes raise their children differently.

Studies have shown that children whose parents are professional heard more words per hour than children whose families are on welfare.

Studies show that professional parents used "more words and more different words ... more multiclause sentences, more past and future verb tenses. ... The ratio of affirmative words to negative words was six to one with parents who had professional occupation."

By contrast, families on welfare used discouraging words more than two to one: words such as "Don't," "Stop," "Quit," and "Shut up." Sowell sarcastically asks are we to believe that children raised in such different ways, many years before they reach an employer , a college admissions office or crime scene are the same in capabilities, orientation and limitations?”
Discrimination and Disparities II
Discrimination and Disparities II

How about coming to grips with the reasons that Democrats/Progressives won’t tell the truth to their black constituency.

I’m just wondering. Who read this crap?
It’s just too long and too time to waste.
Nobody can get by the first paragraph
Cut and paste gets quite tedious

The great thing about cyber school is that the teachers could be anywhere. The student might be in Hermitage PA, his classmates in Medford Oregon, Mudlick, Kentucky and Boston, and the teacher might be in Bangalore or Quezon City, and no one would be any worse off.

Cyber school relieves the school district of law enforcement responsibilities, and allows them to work strictly on the business of education.

Then she act like she knows what she is talking about. Actually it’s very funny.

She can easily fool his own conservatives like Trumpy lies. Who does she think she is talking to? Broker looser, bear, Ray etc etc etc etc.

Then she act like she knows what she is talking about. Actually it’s very funny.

She can easily fool his own conservatives like Trumpy lies. Who does she think she is talking to? Broker looser, bear, Ray etc etc etc etc.
Even Conservative posters don’t read her diatribes

Too tedious

They had ONE option. A college degree. No hanging around working for a loser company. There was NO other option that I would accept. It worked out well. But they had two parents at home who would not accept any other path after high school graduation. There was no other acceptable alternative.

Why not convince them to take medical career courses? You can’t go wrong.
We have shortages in nursing and doctors.

logo-fallback.png

Key facts about Asian Americans, a diverse and growing population

The U.S. Asian population is diverse. A record 20 million Asian Americans trace their roots to more than 20 countries in East and Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent, each with unique histories, cultures, languages and other characteristics.

FT_17.09.08_asian_income.png

Indians have the highest level of educational attainment among Asian Americans, with 72% holding a bachelor’s degree or more in 2015. A majority of Sri Lankan (57%), Mongolian (59%) and Malaysian (60%) adults 25 and older have a bachelor’s degree or more. But lower shares of adults have a bachelor’s degree or more for Cambodians (18%), Hmong (17%), Laotians (16%) and Bhutanese (9%).

Asians have a lower homeownership rate (57%) than the U.S. public overall (63%). All Asian-headed households – except for those headed by a Vietnamese (65%) or Japanese (63%) individual – are less likely to own a home than American households overall. Households headed by some Asian groups have homeownership rates well below the U.S. average. For example, only about quarter of households headed by Nepalese (24%) and a third of Burmese (33%) owned their home in 2015. Nevertheless, homeownership is on the rise among Asian Americans. In 2000, 53% of Asian household heads were homeowners. By 2015, that share had risen to 57%.

Key facts about Asian Americans

Key facts about Asian origin groups in the U.S.

The differences in educational attainment among origin groups in part reflect the levels of education immigrants bring to the U.S. For example, 72% of U.S. Indians had a bachelor’s degree or higher in 2015. Many of them already had a bachelor’s degree when they arrived in the U.S. with a visa for high-skilled workers, such as an H-1B visa. Half of H-1B visas, which require a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, have gone to Indians since 2001.

Key facts about Asian origin groups in the U.S.

Key facts about the U.S. H-1B visa program

From fiscal years 2001 to 2015, workers from India received the largest share (50.5%) of all H-1B visas for first-time employment, while the second-largest share went to workers from China (9.7%). Other countries receiving a large share of visas during this time include Canada (3.8%), the Philippines (3.0%) and South Korea (2.8%).

7 facts about H-1B visas

*** So aside from the fact they cheat on the SAT, many Asians were allowed here by a government program which allowed them to enter the workforce with the experience to earn more money. Furthermore if you eliminate Indians, you have a group of Asians with less education and income. Our Asian poster child is not Indian. If her parents came here over the last 30 years, it was due to government preference. In fact, if they immigrated here period, it is due to government preference.

*** Is that your opinion or just a wild ass guess? Do you honestly believe an Asian can easily cheat SAT? Or they are plain very smart kid that they discriminate them when entering Harvard?

I travel a lot here and overseas. I have friends that works at US embassies.

I know lots of Asians here. I have lots of asian employees. And that is not what I see and observed here.

Today, teachers are aligning themselves with the Internet to organize and offer curriculum. I can see a day in the future where there are no more brick and mortar schools.

No, you won't because as time goes on, you will realize that the Internet is a tool not suited for teaching. The only people who succeed using it are in alternative programs and actually do the work without cheating, which is rampant in online work.

You can Google answers to math problems on the internet and it will show you step by step how to solve it, but you won't learn a damn thing by copying and pasting the answer.

BTW, teachers have been using the internet and online resources since the 90s when I became a teacher.

[
The good thing is there aren't many American citizens who play the victim card. This new generation of young workers will keep the nation strong. Combine their work ethic with technological skills and the nation is stronger than it has ever been.

Most have no work ethic.

I had a student whose great aspiration in life was to become a van driver for the Amish community like his high school dropout father.

BTW, teachers have been using the internet and online resources since the 90s when I became a teacher.

Interesting, my nephew is a teacher at a ghetto high school and he does not invoke the internet because he is knowledgeable in the subject matter he teaches. Actually half the battle is to get the retards who actually show up to class to get off their government issued smartphones and listen.

[
The good thing is there aren't many American citizens who play the victim card. This new generation of young workers will keep the nation strong. Combine their work ethic with technological skills and the nation is stronger than it has ever been.

Most have no work ethic.

I had a student whose great aspiration in life was to become a van driver for the Amish community like his high school dropout father.
Great way to pick up Amish chicks

Really????

sk082919dAPR20190828075407.jpg

Today, teachers are aligning themselves with the Internet to organize and offer curriculum. I can see a day in the future where there are no more brick and mortar schools.

No, you won't because as time goes on, you will realize that the Internet is a tool not suited for teaching. The only people who succeed using it are in alternative programs and actually do the work without cheating, which is rampant in online work.

You can Google answers to math problems on the internet and it will show you step by step how to solve it, but you won't learn a damn thing by copying and pasting the answer.

Of course it is.

More and more colleges offer their degrees via the internet.

[

Most have no work ethic.

The problem I have with the Amish is that they are a racially segregated group.

There are a lot of Amish in western Pennsylvania as well as eastern Ohio, and I have seen very few African Americans driving Amish buggies or wearing Amish attire. I have never heard any Amish rapping, and I don't think there is even an Amish word for "yo" or "muthaphucka"

[

Most have no work ethic.

There are a lot of Amish in western Pennsylvania as well as eastern Ohio, and I have seen very few African Americans driving Amish buggies or wearing Amish attire. I have never heard any Amish rapping, and I don't think there is even an Amish word for "yo" or "muthaphucka"

[

Most have no work ethic.

Your brain has gone where no other man has gone before!

Forum List

Back