We Have No Business in Syria

While what happened to those people in Syria is tragic, it is not our fight and never has been. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say our military is to be used as the guardian of the planet and a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it. Aside from Afghanistan, we haven't fought one war in the defense of our nation since WWII. Every other war we have entered into has been a choice to fight someone else's and countless lives have been lost over the years.

Furthermore, we have been interfering in the affairs of the Middle East for over 70 years and all we've done is make things worse. We are responsible for the rise of Khomeini in Iran. We are responsible for the existence of ISIS in Iraq and we will be responsible for which ever radical Muslim extremist takes over Syria if we depose Assad. These people have been slaughtering each other for 5,000 years and we aren't going to change it. All we have had done is made ourselves a terrorist target and watched our civil liberties and Constitutional rights erode as a result.
That depends on whether you believe that morality is restricted to those who immediately effect you. I do understand your point though. I am conflicted.

Here is something else to ponder that should conflict you more.

Put yourself in Assad's position. He is fighting ISIS, the root of all genocidal evil in the world.

You have chemical weapons, do you use them if you feel the need to defend yourself?

Apparently the US is the only country that is allowed to use WMD's.
Ok, on exactly which planet is Assad so desperate he needs to use chemical weapons?

Trumphitler, Bushitler.
All your masters, grab your ankles.

Wait till ya'll 'Small Government/Lower Taxes' Conservative dunces get the bill for decimating Mosul and Syria. The costs are estimated to be several $Billions for American Taxpayers. They're gonna be forced to pay for rebuilding these places. Y'all are lost souls at this point. You need to start rethinking your Warmongering ways.
Suddenly leftards are worried about spending!

Don't worry. Trumphitler is cutting every program you leftards love.

I'm not a 'Leftist.' You poor misguided Warmongers really don't understand the costs of your Permanent War agenda. It's estimated that US Taxpayers are gonna have to pay several $Billions to rebuild a decimated Mosul and eventually Syrian areas too.

I really don't get you 'Small Government/Lower Taxes Conservatives.' Who do you think is gonna pay to rebuild all these decimated places? Seriously, y'all Warmongers are completely lost.

th

Yea, I'm not a leftist too.
Weeee Neither.....

View attachment 120855

Why do you enjoy paying $Trillions to rebuild foreign countries? I read a report today that said Mosul alone, is gonna cost American Taxpayers several $Billions to rebuild. I mean, who do you 'Small Government/Less Taxes Conservatives' think pays to rebuild all these decimated foreign countries?

The rules say you should go to congress first.

But congress have allowed the prez to do whatever going back to at least Reagan days .

Congress doesn't have the Balls to make the decision, so they look the other way.
They told Obama he could not do just what Trump did.

Yeah but in fairness, Obama bombed and killed at will. He never did go to Congress. He wasn't prevented from carrying out his numerous slaughters. Neither was Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, and so on. But it doesn't make it right. They all should have gone to Congress.

Because congress likes it . No responsibility. They don't even pretend to care. The Oval Office has a free card since 911. All ya gotta do is say "terrorism"!

While what happened to those people in Syria is tragic, it is not our fight and never has been. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say our military is to be used as the guardian of the planet and a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it. Aside from Afghanistan, we haven't fought one war in the defense of our nation since WWII. Every other war we have entered into has been a choice to fight someone else's and countless lives have been lost over the years.

Furthermore, we have been interfering in the affairs of the Middle East for over 70 years and all we've done is make things worse. We are responsible for the rise of Khomeini in Iran. We are responsible for the existence of ISIS in Iraq and we will be responsible for which ever radical Muslim extremist takes over Syria if we depose Assad. These people have been slaughtering each other for 5,000 years and we aren't going to change it. All we have had done is made ourselves a terrorist target and watched our civil liberties and Constitutional rights erode as a result.
That depends on whether you believe that morality is restricted to those who immediately effect you. I do understand your point though. I am conflicted.

Put yourself in Assad's position. He is fighting ISIS, the root of all genocidal evil in the world.

You have chemical weapons, do you use them if you feel the need to defend yourself?

Ok, on exactly which planet is Assad so desperate he needs to use chemical weapons?

It's a hypothetical question. I don't know exactly how desperate he is, do you?

It's kind of a Geneva Convention deal... like blowing brains out with a fmj (full metal jacket) is kosher but very very bad if you blow brains out with a hp (hollow point)

Napalm would have been fine...

Which killed a handful of people . Not exactly an impressive attack.

But congress have allowed the prez to do whatever going back to at least Reagan days .

Congress doesn't have the Balls to make the decision, so they look the other way.

Yeah but in fairness, Obama bombed and killed at will. He never did go to Congress. He wasn't prevented from carrying out his numerous slaughters. Neither was Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, and so on. But it doesn't make it right. They all should have gone to Congress.

Because congress likes it . No responsibility. They don't even pretend to care. The Oval Office has a free card since 911. All ya gotta do is say "terrorism"!

Spot On. I truly miss Dr. Paul. He was the only one honest and brave enough to try and hold the President accountable. Unfortunately, it's become a free-for-all. The President has almost unlimited powers.

According to the news accounts I've seen Assad and his Iranian and Russian masters have ISIS on the run.

Sadly the powers that be in the US are as responsible for this mess as much as any one.This fiasco is over a natural gas pipeline. The US govt has been seeking to destabilize Syria since at least 2006.

A very impressive act because it showed Assad believed there were no red lines he couldn't cross with impunity.

Spot On. I truly miss Dr. Paul. He was the only one honest and brave enough to try and hold the President accountable. Unfortunately, it's become a free-for-all. The President has almost unlimited powers.
Rand is a 'Dr' Paul from KY you're confusing us... we still have Rand bitching about presidential overreach..

According to the news accounts I've seen Assad and his Iranian and Russian masters have ISIS on the run.

Assad was winning, and peace was at hand. The 'Regime Change' powers-that-be couldn't tolerate that. Hence, this False Flag farce. I mean, i don't doubt there was a bombing, but i seriously doubt Chemical Weapons were involved. Why would Assad order such an attack? It makes no sense strategically. It only makes sense strategically for the 'Regime Change' powers-that-be. Period, end of story.

Assad was winning, and peace was at hand. The 'Regime Change' powers-that-be couldn't tolerate that. Hence, this False Flag farce. I mean, i don't doubt there was a bombing, but i seriously doubt Chemical Weapons were involved. Why would Assad order such an attack? It makes no sense strategically. It only makes sense strategically for the 'Regime Change' powers-that-be. Period, end of story.

If so, why then do you think Assad used them?

I also noticed you failed to answer the hypothetical question.

Would you use them if you felt you needed to use them?

Rand is a 'Dr' Paul from KY you're confusing us... we still have Rand bitching about presidential overreach..

He's doing well. He's trying to do his Father right. But i still miss the Doctor. He was the only honest man in our Government.

A very impressive act because it showed Assad believed there were no red lines he couldn't cross with impunity.

the only people it impressed was the RussianWingers ...

He didn't use them. It's a lie. It's just way too convenient for the 'Regime Change' advocates. I believe there was likely a bombing, but i don't believe Chemical Weapons were involved. It is a False Flag operation.

the only people it impressed was the RussianWingers ...

Well no, the Russians aren't too happy about this attack. Trump actually pleased the US Warmongers who've been pushing for all-out war with Syria for years. And those Warmongers include both Democrats and Republicans. Trump's approval numbers will likely skyrocket as a result of this attack.

I don't know what you mean by "needed to use them". If I thought it was the only way I could avoid defeat, perhaps, but if I knew I was going to lose anyway, then no.

The irony here is that a few days before the attack, the Trump administration had declared we could live with Assad staying in power, but by using chemical weapons he has changed US policy so that now we are demanding he leave. And this is not just a rhetorical demand like Obama's. This is a demand we are clearly ready to back up with military force.

He didn't use them. It's a lie. It's just way too convenient for the 'Regime Change' advocates. I believe there was likely a bombing, but i don't believe Chemical Weapons were involved. It is a False Flag operation.

Dang, it must have been a video then.

Wait till ya'll 'Small Government/Lower Taxes' Conservative dunces get the bill for decimating Mosul and Syria. The costs are estimated to be several $Billions for American Taxpayers. They're gonna be forced to pay for rebuilding these places. Y'all are lost souls at this point. You need to start rethinking your Warmongering ways.
Suddenly leftards are worried about spending!

Don't worry. Trumphitler is cutting every program you leftards love.

I'm not a 'Leftist.' You poor misguided Warmongers really don't understand the costs of your Permanent War agenda. It's estimated that US Taxpayers are gonna have to pay several $Billions to rebuild a decimated Mosul and eventually Syrian areas too.

I really don't get you 'Small Government/Lower Taxes Conservatives.' Who do you think is gonna pay to rebuild all these decimated places? Seriously, y'all Warmongers are completely lost.

th

Yea, I'm not a leftist too.
Weeee Neither.....

View attachment 120855

Why do you enjoy paying $Trillions to rebuild foreign countries? I read a report today that said Mosul alone, is gonna cost American Taxpayers several $Billions to rebuild. I mean, who do you 'Small Government/Less Taxes Conservatives' think pays to rebuild all these decimated foreign countries?
And all that money is going into the pockets of connected contractors.

Need I say more?

Forum List

Back