We Have No Business in Syria

normally, yes, non- intervention is the int;l norm as espoused by Immanual Kant :cool-45:...........

Non Intervention is the International Norm ? are you Fucking Kidding Me....

Since the end of World War 2, the United States has:

Spot On.

normally, yes, non- intervention is the int;l norm as espoused by Immanual Kant :cool-45:...........the name Immanuel Kant was included to give this awful crazy post "a cache of sophistication"...it is instead uninformed , ignorant , hypocritical

While what happened to those people in Syria is tragic, it is not our fight and never has been. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say our military is to be used as the guardian of the planet and a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it. Aside from Afghanistan, we haven't fought one war in the defense of our nation since WWII. Every other war we have entered into has been a choice to fight someone else's and countless lives have been lost over the years.

Furthermore, we have been interfering in the affairs of the Middle East for over 70 years and all we've done is make things worse. We are responsible for the rise of Khomeini in Iran. We are responsible for the existence of ISIS in Iraq and we will be responsible for which ever radical Muslim extremist takes over Syria if we depose Assad. These people have been slaughtering each other for 5,000 years and we aren't going to change it. All we have had done is made ourselves a terrorist target and watched our civil liberties and Constitutional rights erode as a result.

Where were the Moon Bats bitching about interventionism when their Boy Obama was bombing Libya, escalating the war in Afghanistan and fighting the war in Iraq for three years and then sending troops back?

It seems like the Liberals only get concerned about interventionism with a Republican President. they don't give a shit wit a Democrat President.

As a Conservative I condemned Bush for invading Iraq. When are we going to hear the Moon Bats condemning Obama for his interventionism? I suspect never because they are hypocrites.

normally, yes, non- intervention is the int;l norm as espoused by Immanual Kant :cool-45:...........

Non Intervention is the International Norm ? are you Fucking Kidding Me....

Since the end of World War 2, the United States has:

you serve kid? I did. Just because the US and its arms manufacturers and willing defense contractor cheerleaders like hiLIARy support never- ending conflict doesn't make it right you retard TyroneSlothrop

You should've been for Bernie or Trump you useful DNC drone. IOW's- a vote for hiLIARy was a vote for the arms manufacturers/never- ending war

You're welcome :thup:

While what happened to those people in Syria is tragic, it is not our fight and never has been. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say our military is to be used as the guardian of the planet and a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it. Aside from Afghanistan, we haven't fought one war in the defense of our nation since WWII. Every other war we have entered into has been a choice to fight someone else's and countless lives have been lost over the years.

Furthermore, we have been interfering in the affairs of the Middle East for over 70 years and all we've done is make things worse. We are responsible for the rise of Khomeini in Iran. We are responsible for the existence of ISIS in Iraq and we will be responsible for which ever radical Muslim extremist takes over Syria if we depose Assad. These people have been slaughtering each other for 5,000 years and we aren't going to change it. All we have had done is made ourselves a terrorist target and watched our civil liberties and Constitutional rights erode as a result.

Where were the Moon Bats bitching about interventionism when their Boy Obama was bombing Libya, escalating the war in Afghanistan and fighting the war in Iraq for three years and then sending troops back?

It seems like the Liberals only get concerned about interventionism with a Republican President. they don't give a shit wit a Democrat President.

As a Conservative I condemned Bush for invading Iraq. When are we going to hear the Moon Bats condemning Obama for his interventionism? I suspect never because they are hypocrites.

Communist/Progressive Democrats and Neocon Republicans agree on our aggressive foreign interventionism policy. I think the ones criticizing Trump on this obvious False Flag attack, are folks who truly support our Constitution and what our Founding Fathers stood for. Most Communist/Progressive Democrats and Neocon Republicans have been screeching for war with Syria for years.

Check this video out. It explains it very well...

17757398_10206548255024419_683753570263907711_n.jpg
17883891_10206548412508356_8363250818757212184_n.jpg
images
d9b830e5a0cb22a123230d78ebe13915.jpg
Kim-Jong-Un-and-Donald-Trump-REUTERS-80x80.png

Tell me again about this dedication to humanity. I need a good laugh.

Why do you demand that every other brutal dictator is given the go-ahead to develop and use Sarin Gas, or any other poison chemical or biological weapon on their citizens or other countries?

Come on, I need a good laugh too!

Where are the missiles when ethnic cleansing is going on in Africa? Where is this outrage when Christians are slaughtered in the Middle East? Where are the Drone Strikes when the Cartels massacre families in the mountains of Columbia to make an example of them so they will grow Coca plants?

Suddenly the humanitarian excuse is oddly missing. More than 60 people have been murdered in Mali in the last month of religious driven violence. What no humanitarian concern?

Ethiopia and Somalia are lawless war zones. Hundreds are murdered every month. What is wrong with those people? Why don't they deserve some of this humanitarian concern?

Sudan, Pakistan, Libya, and so many more. What makes the dead in Syria somehow more outrageous than the tens of thousands of murdered peoples around the world? If the Islamic Jihadis in Mali use chemical weapons will we suddenly give a shit?

The list is nearly endless. It has been for decades. Now this humanitarian excuse which is obviously bullshit. Why does Syria warrant so much concern but dead kids in Myanmar never seems to make the news while they fought a civil war for twenty years.

Spare me the hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? Yep, that's the word - you are being hypocritical.

You demand that we ensure that any action by the government be done in American interests. Yet, when that is used to define our actions, you want to use that very differentiator as a cudgel to try to remove that very same difference.

We have no interest in Syria.

Yeah, what was I thinking? The politics in the basket of our energy suppliers means nothing to us. Let them hate us - let them attack us. Let them hold us hostage. Let them pursue, promote, and export a movement whose ultimate goal is to eliminate us.

I mean --- we have no interest, right?

No dead kids? That's interesting ...

China, Russia, and N Korea are trying too?

And, we have those who propose that to involve ourselves in that process is NOT in the interest of our general welfare? Seriously? Reality has fled the building, cloaked in selfishness and inhumanity.

"Dead Kids" weren't the reason, they never are. They are nothing more than a pretext. You are operating under a paradigm that unfortunately isn't real. I don't blame you though, I really don't. Very few people ever wake up to the truth.
Got some news for you ... I WALKED in that fuckin' truth. Don't even pretend I don't understand it.

Sure you did kid. If that were true you wouldn't be whining like a little bitch about what happened and why we responded the way we did. If you did you'd know the why and the how and the fact that neither of us can do anything about it. Now quit whining.

Kid? Seriously? LOL ....

You sit comfortably in your warm little home, hot food on the table, confident in your privacy and secure in the arms of your government, and you wish to deny this to the Syrian people.

"Let them decide for themselves!" you say. They did - and we abandoned them. We left them to the mongrels and the tyrants.

Freedom is for everybody - when we fail to protect it for others, we can only wonder if our freedom is at risk next.

Mind your own business. The US needs to stop meddling in sovereign nations' affairs. It's time to stop behaving like an Imperialist Empire. All Empires collapse. That's why our Founding Fathers warned against 'Empire-Building.' We're $20 Trillion in Debt and spread too thin. It's time to change course and adopt a humble foreign policy. We should leave all lands in the Middle East. We don't belong there. We never did.

Ridiculous. Provincial. Ignorance personified.

What you so blithely call 'meddling' is actually caring for our own interests.

You propose that we should let them establish a caliphate with a stated purpose of killing you and your family. You propose that we leave them to hold the US hostage.

"... a humble foreign policy." Seriously? You propose abdication and surrender.

"Dead Kids" weren't the reason, they never are. They are nothing more than a pretext. You are operating under a paradigm that unfortunately isn't real. I don't blame you though, I really don't. Very few people ever wake up to the truth.
Got some news for you ... I WALKED in that fuckin' truth. Don't even pretend I don't understand it.

Sure you did kid. If that were true you wouldn't be whining like a little bitch about what happened and why we responded the way we did. If you did you'd know the why and the how and the fact that neither of us can do anything about it. Now quit whining.

Kid? Seriously? LOL ....

You sit comfortably in your warm little home, hot food on the table, confident in your privacy and secure in the arms of your government, and you wish to deny this to the Syrian people.

"Let them decide for themselves!" you say. They did - and we abandoned them. We left them to the mongrels and the tyrants.

Freedom is for everybody - when we fail to protect it for others, we can only wonder if our freedom is at risk next.

Mind your own business. The US needs to stop meddling in sovereign nations' affairs. It's time to stop behaving like an Imperialist Empire. All Empires collapse. That's why our Founding Fathers warned against 'Empire-Building.' We're $20 Trillion in Debt and spread too thin. It's time to change course and adopt a humble foreign policy. We should leave all lands in the Middle East. We don't belong there. We never did.

You propose that we should let them establish a caliphate with a stated purpose of killing you and your family. You propose that we leave them to hold the US hostage.

End the endless meddling and war. Leave all Middle East lands especially. We've plundered their lands enough. It's time for a disengagement policy in the Middle East. Time to come home.

Kid? Seriously? LOL ....

End the endless meddling and war. Leave all Middle East lands especially. We've plundered their lands enough. It's time for a disengagement policy in the Middle East. Time to come home.

There is no justification for disengagement. Furthering American interests is in the interest of America. Further, we have a moral responsibility to the oppressed peoples of the area to assist them to overthrow their oppressors.

"To whomever much is given, of him will much be required; and to whom much was entrusted, of him more will be asked." - Luke 12:35-48

We have been given the gift of freedom, and it has been entrusted to us.

Kid? Seriously? LOL ....

There is no justification for disengagement. Furthering American interests is in the interest of America. Further, we have a moral responsibility to the oppressed peoples of the area to assist them to overthrow their oppressors.

"To whomever much is given, of him will much be required; and to whom much was entrusted, of him more will be asked." - Luke 12:35-48

We've plundered enough. We don't belong in those lands. We never did. Bring the troops home.

Kid? Seriously? LOL ....

We've plundered enough. We don't belong in those lands. We never did. Bring the troops home.

That depends on whether you believe that morality is restricted to those who immediately effect you. I do understand your point though. I am conflicted.

Here is something else to ponder that should conflict you more.

Put yourself in Assad's position. He is fighting ISIS, the root of all genocidal evil in the world.

You have chemical weapons, do you use them if you feel the need to defend yourself?

Apparently the US is the only country that is allowed to use WMD's.
Are you attempting to argue it was a war crime to end the war against Japan by using the atom bomb and avoiding millions of additional casualties or we should have used them against Stalin to end the cold war or is their some other fucked up equivalency bouncing in your head?

Tell that to Trumpkenstein's daughter bride. She's calling the shots now, according to her brother, Eric.

stepforddaughter.jpg

That depends on whether you believe that morality is restricted to those who immediately effect you. I do understand your point though. I am conflicted.

Here is something else to ponder that should conflict you more.

Put yourself in Assad's position. He is fighting ISIS, the root of all genocidal evil in the world.

You have chemical weapons, do you use them if you feel the need to defend yourself?

Apparently the US is the only country that is allowed to use WMD's.
Ok, on exactly which planet is Assad so desperate he needs to use chemical weapons?

Which killed a handful of people . Not exactly an impressive attack.
A very impressive act because it showed Assad believed there were no red lines he couldn't cross with impunity.
I think that's true in that the US's existence as a society could be endangered by unchecked use of gas or biological weapons. Obama could say with some justification that he would have approved of intervention in a maj of gopers in congress approved too. Maybe that gives him some moral absolution in that he was not going to trade off the lives of a few hundred non-Americans to further gridlocking US govt with hypocritical gop claims of "oh he's exceeding his war powers, oh my he must be stopped and impeachment is available." But the real issue goes beyond the lives of some unfortunate children, as large a moral issue as that should be.

Time will tell what Trump's policy will be on Syria, but to be real honest I'm not sure it's possible to do much more than a defacto partition and forcing Russia to force Assad to respect refugee camps. And even then keeping terrorists out of refugee camps seems .... difficult. I mean, are we now going to fund and train some free Syrian democratic army that can defeat Assad and ISIS?

Forum List

Back