Welcome to Your New Overlords, Californians!

You can take a shower.
You can do one load of laundry.

But if you do both, it’s a $1,000 a day fine.

Under drought conditions it goes to $10,000 a day.

As the one reporter said - I can smoke pot but I can’t shower and do laundry!

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

I'm a construction worker.

After a day at work, I have to take a shower. I work in hard, dirty conditions much of the time.

And my laundry equipment can only handle two days' worth of work clothes, so I have to do laundry at least every other work day. More, for my non-work clothes, and my wife's clothes, to be done as well.

Last edited:
Some American leftists want human population control because they claim that the world lacks resources to support so many people while conversely advocating for open American borders with unlimited immigration.

And the reason (they tell us) for more immigration is because we are not growing on our own. Go figure.
Well, to be honest California is working on the water shortage. They’re chasing away all the taxpayers.

My cousin lives out there and she told me stories. Housing is such a problem, she rented out her mother-in-law suite which isn't much. But she's getting over a thousand bucks a month, and she didn't even try. She said she could probably get closer to $1,300 a month if she wanted.

I read an article about a year ago when they were proposing rent control by the government. I don't know if it passed or not, but yet another great Democrat idea; control how much money people could make from their hard work and investments.
I sold when I left because rental laws there make it impossible to evict anyone. They can literally destroy your property in front of your eyes and you can’t legally do anything.

I would never want to be a landlord in a state like that. I've been doing it 25 years here, and think back at the hell past tenants have put me through. Fortunately over here, you can have somebody thrown out of their unit in less than three weeks, and you can sue in small claims for damages, back rent, time off of work for court, legal fees, and any other associated expenses.

You can take a shower.

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

I'm a construction worker.

After a day at work, I have to take a shower. I work in hard, dirty conditions much of the time.

And my laundry equipment can only handle two days' worth of work clothes, so I have to do laundry at least every other day. More, for my non-work clothes, and my wife's clothes, to be done as well.

I can understand that. My father was a bricklayer. As a child, I started working with him at 11 years old. I came home full of sweat, dirt, sand, cement, and the shower couldn't last long enough.

If you think that's bad, what will they do once they are totally able to control our energy? Thunder dome.

But that piece didn't say how the government could monitor your water usage per day. I don't know about Commiefornia, but over here, they read the meter once a month.

With smart meters they can monitor daily usage, hell my water softener tells me my average daily usage but I'm on a well.

Over here, they have to drive by your house to shoot the meter from the van. I can't see them doing that every day. I was just curious if the government itself has a daily meter reading on every home there where they can monitor it without actually going to the residence.
Its the 21st century. All digitized, tracked, and available.

I couldn't live like that. The government monitoring how much water I'm using every single day.
You are using a digital device now.

But only for the water company for billing purposes. We have no restrictions on water here. I remember as a kid it happened maybe once or twice during a drought and when the lake was under average.

Some American leftists want human population control because they claim that the world lacks resources to support so many people while conversely advocating for open American borders with unlimited immigration.

And the reason (they tell us) for more immigration is because we are not growing on our own. Go figure.
Well, to be honest California is working on the water shortage. They’re chasing away all the taxpayers.

My cousin lives out there and she told me stories. Housing is such a problem, she rented out her mother-in-law suite which isn't much. But she's getting over a thousand bucks a month, and she didn't even try. She said she could probably get closer to $1,300 a month if she wanted.

I read an article about a year ago when they were proposing rent control by the government. I don't know if it passed or not, but yet another great Democrat idea; control how much money people could make from their hard work and investments.
I sold when I left because rental laws there make it impossible to evict anyone. They can literally destroy your property in front of your eyes and you can’t legally do anything.

I would never want to be a landlord in a state like that. I've been doing it 25 years here, and think back at the hell past tenants have put me through. Fortunately over here, you can have somebody thrown out of their unit in less than three weeks, and you can sue in small claims for damages, back rent, time off of work for court, legal fees, and any other associated expenses.
Also here in CA... if you receive an eviction notice, that tenant can have damn near anyone file paperwork saying they are sub-letting from that tenant, even without being on the lease or rental agreement. Gives them additional rights to stay on the property. Sometimes up to 45 more days. Legally.
It can take months to get some renters out. Plus the expenses.

The 55 gallon limit is for indoor water usage so it looks like every homeowner is going to need another water meter to measure outdoor water usage. I wonder how much of a kickback the Dems are getting from the water meter lobby.

Last edited:
You can take a shower.

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

Lucky for me I have my very own private water system so they can go fuck themselves.

Also here in CA... if you receive an eviction notice, that tenant can have damn near anyone file paperwork saying they are sub-letting from that tenant, even without being on the lease or rental agreement. Gives them additional rights to stay on the property. Sometimes up to 45 more days. Legally.

That's why I'm glad I'm a landlord here instead of there. Here, the court is basically on the side of the landlord. If the tenant appears in court, the court asks both parties if they can come to some sort of resolution. If either side says no, then the eviction goes into motion.

The court orders the tenant to vacate the premises in three days. Of course they can't in most cases, so you have to file for additional actions by the court which takes up to two weeks for judgement. After that, if the tenant is not out of the unit, the bailiff comes out to remove the tenant, stay until all the locks are changed, and informs the tenant that unless they have the landlords permission, any presence on the property is trespassing.

That's why I'm glad I'm a landlord here instead of there. Here, the court is basically on the side of the landlord. If the tenant appears in court, the court asks both parties if they can come to some sort of resolution. If either side says no, then the eviction goes into motion.

The court orders the tenant to vacate the premises in three days. Of course they can't in most cases, so you have to file for additional actions by the court which takes up to two weeks for judgement. After that, if the tenant is not out of the unit, the bailiff comes out to remove the tenant, stay until all the locks are changed, and informs the tenant that unless they have the landlords permission, any presence on the property is trespassing.
Here in Ventura County, where the law leans to the right with judges on the issue, small claims court can be a bitch for the tenant. Especially when siding with the landlords, day in and day out, no matter what the tenant says. You owe, you owe.
Why do you think there are so many slumlords in this country? Rent w/o agreements and use subversive tactics instead. No BS. 3 big ass Samoans.

People aren’t imported and exported like goods smart guy

No, they're just invited in by the California, Democratic governor that is promising them free everything but then wants other states to pay for all of their social-engineering programs.

You can take a shower.

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

LIAR & TROLL Clearly a thread which qualifies as an Idiot-gram, Variety the Trifecta
See my signature line to see how this thread hit all three conditions at one time.

Here in Ventura County, where the law leans to the right with judges on the issue, small claims court can be a bitch for the tenant. Especially when siding with the landlords, day in and day out, no matter what the tenant says. You owe, you owe.
Why do you think there are so many slumlords in this country? Rent w/o agreements and use subversive tactics instead. No BS. 3 big ass Samoans.

Every group of people has good and bad in them. We have that in my city. The problem here is my suburb punishes all landlords instead of just the bad ones.

In any case, you have people that want hands-off investments, or hands-on. The problem is some people get into the rental business thinking it's another hands-off investment. It isn't. Being a landlord is without a doubt, a hands-on investment.

If you want a hands-off investment, you buy stocks, turn over houses, invest in the commodities market, but you don't invest in rental units. That said, I don't know that we have an abundance of "slum lords" in this business. I would like to think most are like myself; invest in a business you work directly with instead of a broker.

I can't speak on behalf of everybody, only myself. When or if it gets to the point I can't work with my investment any longer, I'll sell the place to whoever can.

Weatherman2020 said:
Like My Gran'pa Said
"Dirty Pot-Suckin' Hippies"....

You can take a shower.

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

what do you suggest given the drought problems that Cali has had?

A ban on watering your grass would be acceptable. Perhaps no washing cars either.
we’ve had those restrictions for years

21st Century under Democrat control - no water to drink! Vote for us!

You don’t like the regulations on water consumption so what’s your solution?

You were given an extremely logical solution and you didn’t like it.
You gotta have your trespassers, your pet humans...you don’t care that Americans have fewer resources because of them. You’re an awesome American...you should be real proud of yourself.

You can take a shower.

Democrats in FULL GLORY!

These assholes are insane. Who the hell came up with the fine amounts? so they say if your a multi family home you can use the extra water but not if your a single person? what idiots, considering on average a single person household is going to use much less water anyway and doesn't really need to be penalized.... and what happens if that person has family come visit and they want to take showers one day? potentialy he could be fined 30K in one day and not even realize it. what if a water pipe under the house breaks and you are out of town? you could lose your house to the state.
Democrats,.... your all F'n Idiots every last one of you.

The 55 gallon limit is for indoor water usage so it looks like every homeowner is going to need another water meter to measure outdoor water usage. I wonder how much of a kickback the Dems are getting from the water meter lobby.

I very much doubt that's going to happen. I'm an electrician, not a plumber, but I think I know enough about how water pipes are arranged in houses that I just cannot see any way that it'd be feasible to modify existing houses to allow separate metering of indoor vs. outdoor water. The pipes run through the walls, and through the foundations, with outlets branching off where water is needed, whether a given outlet is going to a fixture inside the house, or outside. I think it might actually be easier and cheaper to simply tear a house down completely, and build a whole new one with separate circuits (using an electrician term, since I don't know what the correct term is that a plumber would use) for indoor and outdoor water, so that each could be metered separately; than to try to modify an existing house to achieve this capability.

I very much doubt that's going to happen. I'm an electrician, not a plumber, but I think I know enough about how water pipes are arranged in houses that I just cannot see any way that it'd be feasible to modify existing houses to allow separate metering of indoor vs. outdoor water. The pipes run through the walls, and through the foundations, with outlets branching off where water is needed, whether a given outlet is going to a fixture inside the house, or outside. I think it might actually be easier and cheaper to simply tear a house down completely, and build a whole new one with separate circuits (using an electrician term, since I don't know what the correct term is that a plumber would use) for indoor and outdoor water, so that each could be metered separately; than to try to modify an existing house to achieve this capability.
How else are they supposed to measure indoor and outdoor water usage separately? In this little old house (built in the 1920s) it would be easy, simply install a meter in the basement on the only pipe that runs outdoors to the single outdoor faucet. Then subtract the amount of water usage from that meter from the total water usage to get the measurement for indoor usage.

On most other houses that have several outdoor faucets and perhaps a sprinkler system it would be more involved. Many people will no doubt have to install several meters at over $100 per unit, and they'll no doubt find a way to gouge the consumer on those meters. And unless they are a DIYer they will have to pay a plumber to install them. Unless of course the water suppliers do it. And of course that cost will naturally be passed on to consumers.

And somebody like myself who owns several rental properties would be buying a lot of fucking unnecessary water meters. It's just and all around stupid law. I just don't understand why Californians keep voting for those totalitarian assholes.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back