West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict

How about as part of your “peace agreement” we give Russia those occupied territory and make the rest of Ukraine members of NATO with NATO troops deployed just to be safe
I would support this kind of agreement, but Russia won't ever sign it. Ukraine to be member of NATO and especially with NATO troops on the ground.

I would support this kind of agreement, but Russia won't ever sign it. Ukraine to be member of NATO and especially with NATO troops on the ground.
Of course Russia would never agree

Why there can’t be a negotiated peace.
Russia wants all the prizes with Ukraine getting nothing in return.

West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict, expert says

Gerald Hyman, the senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, suggested persuading the Russian leaders "to negotiate a tolerable resolution, and to provide clear benefits for doing so"

Remote : Sun, 23 Apr 2023 01:03:09 +0300
Local : 2023-04-23(Sunday) 00 : 03 : 09
Found via NicerApp WebOS

i *also* think that the Ukranian conflict can not be solved by military force alone.
not with Beijing, North-Korea, Iran and Turkey backing the Russians.

how about you people?
only if Putin is handed over to The Hague

Agree. There can't be a negotiated peace.

Ukraine is like Rocky fighting a fearsome challenger

After taking their best shot, he yells……You ain’t so bad, You ain’t so BAD!

Ukraine is not afraid of Russia, why should they concede territory?

Ukraine is like Rocky fighting a fearsome challenger

After taking their best shot, he yells……You ain’t so bad, You ain’t so BAD!

Ukraine is not afraid of Russia, why should they concede territory?
Ukraine won't ever recognize the occupied lands to be part of Russia. But at the same time it is quite unlikely it won't be able to return them back by military means. The war is going to a stalemate.

Ukraine won't ever recognize the occupied lands to be part of Russia. But at the same time it is quite unlikely it won't be able to return them back by military means. The war is going to a stalemate.
They will make occupation as unpleasant as they can for Russia
The cost of occupation is a drain on Russias economy, the boycott is a drain, troop morale is dreadful.

One way or another, Russia will leave

AFU forces are now rotting in the trenches as the Bahmut cauldron heats up. Wagner's flags are flying in the city. AFU establishes a bridgehead east of the Dnipr, in a swamp. Precious.

we can always supply fighter jets and bombers and long range missiles to the Ukranians if Putin doesn't accept this sweet deal.
but that's a threat that's gotta be put out on the low-low, under the table.
to utter that threat publicly is only going to invite talk of nuclear war as a stall/cancelling tactic.
and when they start talking of nuclear war, do remind them of how easy it is these days to vaporize Moscow.

Last edited:
You missed those headlines?

"Marjorie Taylor Greene and Thomas Massie have voted against almost every single bill passed by the House to counter Russia's invasion of Ukraine"

You missed this headline?
you say that a lot of Republicans are into this sort of behavior, but in the article it's mentioned that only 2 senators have.
so...................?

you say that a lot of Republicans are into this sort of behavior, but in the article it's mentioned that only 2 senators have.
so...................?

So, end of conversation then? You haven't added anything to this conversation. You're not making an argument. What do you want me to say?

So, end of conversation then? You haven't added anything to this conversation. You're not making an argument. What do you want me to say?
i'll keep a more proper eye out for such statements by Republicans.
i find it interesting to say the least.

i'll keep a more proper eye out for such statements by Republicans.
i find it interesting to say the least.

"Only 5 percent of Republicans support Russia over Ukraine, but the MAGA wing of the GOP has continually sided with Putin and against Ukraine."

Plenty of quotes on this page from some prominent Republican/MAGA and Republican/MAGA supporters.

"Full List of Republicans Who Sat During Zelensky's Speech"

"However, a small group of right-wing House Republicans appeared less impressed, remaining seated during at least some ovations."

"- Matt Gaetz - Lauren Boebert - Andrew Clyde - Dianne Harshbarger - Warren Davidson - Michael Cloud - Jim Jordan"

"Only 5 percent of Republicans support Russia over Ukraine, but the MAGA wing of the GOP has continually sided with Putin and against Ukraine."

Plenty of quotes on this page from some prominent Republican/MAGA and Republican/MAGA supporters.

"Full List of Republicans Who Sat During Zelensky's Speech"

"However, a small group of right-wing House Republicans appeared less impressed, remaining seated during at least some ovations."

"- Matt Gaetz - Lauren Boebert - Andrew Clyde - Dianne Harshbarger - Warren Davidson - Michael Cloud - Jim Jordan"
well, then the Russians and Chinese have us properly divided!
not just in the US House, but also between the EU and US.. :(

well, then the Russians and Chinese have us properly divided!
not just in the US House, but also between the EU and US.. :(

This is a problem for countries with freedom, it's much, much easier for Russia and China to spread propaganda in the EU and US than it is for the US to spread anything in China.

The Chinese govt controls EVERYTHING in China. Literally China can report whatever it likes, no matter how false and fake. China can pay people to do what it wants in free countries.

MPs in the UK are being intimidated if they go against China's message.

A child of an MP critical of the CCP was denied entry onto a Chinese civilian aircraft, another was told not to go to eastern Europe for fear of being extradited to China.

West should build bridges with Russia after end of Ukrainian conflict, expert says

Gerald Hyman, the senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, suggested persuading the Russian leaders "to negotiate a tolerable resolution, and to provide clear benefits for doing so"

Remote : Sun, 23 Apr 2023 01:03:09 +0300
Local : 2023-04-23(Sunday) 00 : 03 : 09
Found via NicerApp WebOS

i *also* think that the Ukranian conflict can not be solved by military force alone.
not with Beijing, North-Korea, Iran and Turkey backing the Russians.

how about you people?
I think that any possible solution must mean, at least, respect of basic human's rights of the Russian population in Ukraine and Baltic States, and respect the Russians' concerns about the safety of the Russian Federation.
Taking the nature of our European 'allies' I hardly believe it's possible.
That's why we have to prepare ourselves to fight and win a nuclear war against Russia, China, DPRK, Iran and the whole Shanghai's Block simultaneously is necessary.

Russia missed the boat

Obama offered normalized relations with the west. Putin slapped his hand away.

Instead, Russia is faced with a destroyed economy and isolation. Russia is becoming the next N Korea
Actually, Russia's economy has much better perspectives than even American one (at least under incompetent Biden's rule).
Inflation rates in March.
IMG_20230417_133517_510.jpg

Yes. That's why Russia won't ever read that type of "agreement". NATO forces in Ukraine are unacceptable for Russia as, say, Russian and Chinese forces in Texas would be unacceptable for the USA.

Forum List

Back