What Do Centrists Stand For?

Karl Marx, in the Communist Manifesto, argued for a graduated income tax. The US has a graduated income tax.
Actually, Karl Marx said it was the duty of every citizen not to pay taxes.

You know who ACTUALLY said we should have progressive taxation?

Conservative hero Thomas Jefferson.

To James Madison Fontainebleau, Oct. 28, 1785 < The Letters of Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826 < Thomas Jefferson < Presidents < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

The property of this country is absolutely concentred in a very few hands, having revenues of from half a million of guineas a year downwards.

[snip]

I am conscious that an equal division of property is impracticable, but the consequences of this enormous inequality producing so much misery to the bulk of mankind, legislators cannot invent too many devices for subdividing property, only taking care to let their subdivisions go hand in hand with the natural affections of the human mind.

[snip]

Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions or property in geometrical progression as they rise.

Last edited:
^^^From the far Left shill who never voted Republican at all. You are a lying sack of shit.
Why do you so casually lie? You are doing a shitty job representing someone who allegedly believes in God.

Don't you know that bearing false witness is one of the top ten sins?!?

You did not post a position, you fucking idiot, you did post the defintion of strawman, which you are obviously too stupid to understand
missesd-the-point.jpg

that dont mean anything, what has she done that you are so afraid of, and if it is just one person, she will be out voted by everyone else, so what is the issue. I really dont know what your concern is
It seems you have the same moral code as GMCGeneral and feel no compunctions about bearing false witness.

I have read The Federalist Papers by John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton and have cited their works on this forum many times.

I have read countless letters and correspondence written by the Founders, and many of their speeches. I have also cited these many times on this forum, as I just did when quoting Jefferson above in this topic.

I've read Agrarian Justice, Common Sense, The Age of Reason, and the Rights of Man by Thomas Paine. I've cited Agrarian Justice many times on this forum. You would be shocked to find just how radical Paine was. In Agrarian Justice he advocates for Social Security and a universal basic income. Talk about being ahead of his time! Paine's deconstruction of the Bible and his philosophy of deism in The Age of Reason shocked the world. I was somewhat shocked myself when I read it.

I've also read several biographies of the Founders.

I've read Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville I don't know how many times. If you search on "Tocqueville" and my username, you will discover I have posted extensive excerpts of that book innumerable times. I believe it should be required reading of every American.

I've read Miracle At Philadelphia by Catherine Drinker Bowen.

I've read Founding Brothers by Joseph J. Ellis. In the foreword, Ellis comes across as an egomaniac and I found it kind of annoying. But once I read the book, he deserves to feel proud of himself. He also deserves the Pulitzer Prize he got for writing it.

And that's just off the top of my head. There have been a lot more books on the subject I have read.

You?

It seems you have the same moral code as GMCGeneral and feel no compunctions about bearing false witness.

I have read The Federalist Papers by John Jay, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton and have cited their works on this forum many times.

I have read countless letters and correspondence written by the Founders, and many of their speeches. I have also cited these many times on this forum, as I just did when quoting Jefferson above in this topic.

I've read Agrarian Justice, Common Sense, The Age of Reason, and the Rights of Man by Thomas Paine. I've cited Agrarian Justice many times on this forum. You would be shocked to find just how radical Paine was. In Agrarian Justice he advocates for Social Security and a universal basic income. Talk about being ahead of his time! Paine's deconstruction of the Bible and his philosophy of deism in The Age of Reason shocked the world. I was somewhat shocked myself when I read it.

I've also read several biographies of the Founders.

I've read Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville I don't know how many times. If you search on "Tocqueville" and my username, you will discover I have posted extensive excerpts of that book innumerable times. I believe it should be required reading of every American.

I've read Miracle At Philadelphia by Catherine Drinker Bowen.

I've read Founding Brothers by Joseph J. Ellis. In the foreword, Ellis comes across as an egomaniac and I found it kind of annoying. But once I read the book, he deserves to feel proud of himself. He also deserves the Pulitzer Prize he got for writing it.

And that's just off the top of my head. There have been a lot more books on the subject I have read.

You?
If you know all that, post all that, how did you get so stupid in your posts tonight

you are either for marijuana or against, you can not be in the middle of that issue
The majority of Americans support the legalization of marijuana. Therefore, the centrist position is for the legalization.

Logic is not your strong suit. I'm losing count of all the logical fallacies you have posted.

Forum List

Back