What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

So...have all of you who predict total collapse just given up? Why are you still here? Feel free to go to a "better" country with better prospects.

I'll be happy to stay here.

we'll build a new, better country out of the rubble.

You can stay where you are. I hope you get everything you deserve.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

Not big on history, I see...Won't you be surprised...All good, though.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.
History is the best teacher.

Monster debt? How old are you? A one trillion dollar debt that took 220+ years to accumulate has become a 16+ trillion dollar debt in 30 some years.

Mark

So...have all of you who predict total collapse just given up? Why are you still here? Feel free to go to a "better" country with better prospects.

I'll be happy to stay here.

Really? I'm here. Not going anywhere. Good luck in building your new country somewhere else.

We've been divided and in mosnster debt for most of my life....nothing happened then; nothing is going to happen now.

Monster debt? How old are you? A one trillion dollar debt that took 220+ years to accumulate has become a 16+ trillion dollar debt in 30 some years.

Mark

In that 30 year period...

Those in poverty still vote for the Party that wishes for them to remain in poverty. It's been happening for nearly a generation now. No opinion; just fact.

What Party has said, "we wish for 'them' to remain in poverty?"

Quote the source.

Otherwise, continue with your delusion, its somewhat amusing to read your incredibly ignorant blitherings.

Ahh

literacy_us_2003.jpg

No more solidly GOP area than the South...is that why it was called the "solid south" (feigning curiosity)?

WTF? Thanks for that map. The Two biggest liberal states, CA and NY have more "illiterates" than any other region. The most literate sections of the country are also the whitest. Don't blame the South for having so many blacks.

It would never occur to me to "blame" the South for having too many blacks. It's largely non-blacks who run the school boards, legislatures, governor mansions (for going on 6 decades now right?) who have made these abysmal poverty and illiteracy rates a fixture in the South. You're exhibit A.

satracialgapfigure_zpsd42426ef.gif

Race-Income-Education-Achievement_zpsf0d75297.jpg

Not sure what you're trying to say but then again, neither are you.

It would never occur to me to "blame" the South for having too many blacks. It's largely non-blacks who run the school boards, legislatures, governor mansions (for going on 6 decades now right?) who have made these abysmal poverty and illiteracy rates a fixture in the South. You're exhibit A.

You keep saying that .....and I keep asking you to explain to me how the school boards, legislatures and governors of southern states are able to work in collusion to force negroes to drop out of school?

Probably because I never said they did. Why do you guys keep bringing up race? Oh yeah..it's because you're conservatives and you don't know any better.

candycorn said:
Not sure what you're trying to say but then again, neither are you.

Well, of course you "aren't sure". :laugh2:

He destroyed your weak premise and now all you can do to try to save face is pretend it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

You keep saying that .....and I keep asking you to explain to me how the school boards, legislatures and governors of southern states are able to work in collusion to force negroes to drop out of school?

Probably because I never said they did. Why do you guys keep bringing up race? Oh yeah..it's because you're conservatives and you don't know any better.

You posted the map showing literacy rates in your effort to smear southerners.
It's a proven fact that negro dropout rates are disproportionately high and that skews the literacy rates in states with a higher negro population.
Now that you got stung, you revert to your standard fallback position of evasion/changing the subject.

Well, of course you don't. :laugh2:

He destroyed your weak premise and now all you can do to try to save face is pretend it doesn't make sense.

No. You played the race card, he doubled down on it, posted some graphs that talk about school lunches (I was shocked to see blacks on the whole making less than whites...shocked I tell ya) and you're here wearing a jester's hat now.

Basically it's the old GOP 1-2 punch. First identify a problem (Why the south is full of gullible illiterates--not deny that it is--that would be something spectacular), then tell you who is to blame (minorities, of course).

It's a proven fact that negro dropout rates are disproportionately high and that skews the literacy rates in states with a higher negro population.
Now that you got stung, you revert to your standard fallback position of evasion/changing the subject.

Plenty of blacks in Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Mass, Virginia, DC, Somehow they don't have the same chronic problem with illiteracy.

Plenty of blacks in Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Mass, Virginia, DC, Somehow they don't have the same chronic problem with illiteracy.

Really?
LMAO..now you change the subject and want to talk about NORTHERN literacy rates.

Ok. Post the demographics and literacy rates for those states, then. Compare and contrast them with white literacy rates in those states.

Just kidding..I know you wont...you'll try to change the subject...again..

No. You played the race card, he doubled down on it, posted some graphs that talk about school lunches (I was shocked to see blacks on the whole making less than whites...shocked I tell ya) and you're here wearing a jester's hat now.

Basically it's the old GOP 1-2 punch. First identify a problem (Why the south is full of gullible illiterates--not deny that it is--that would be something spectacular), then tell you who is to blame (minorities, of course).

White children born to mothers who are high school dropouts and who qualify for subsidized school lunches outperform black children born to mothers who are college graduates and who are middle class and higher, thus not qualified for school lunch subsidies.

The SAT data shows that the white children of families earning less than $20,000 per year perform at almost the same standard as black children of families earning more than $200,000 per year.

Please explain to the class why California and New York have higher illiteracy rates than every state in the South.

LMAO..you invent a strawman "problem" as an excuse to smear southerners...and you got owned...dance around all you like. People who read this thread can see it..you aren't fooling anyone...

Please explain to the class why California and New York have higher illiteracy rates than every state in the South.
I'll bet he/she/it is wishing he/she/it never posted that literacy map.

I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation for CA & NY doing worse than the South with minorities as an excuse being barred. This should be good.

I'm eagerly awaiting the explanation for CA & NY doing worse than the South with minorities as an excuse being barred. This should be good.
All you'll get is more evasion at this point.....every time he gets cornered he retreats and changes the subject.

I'm still waiting for the explanation of her/his claim that school boards, legislatures and governors are forcing negroes to drop out of school...

Candycorn, I have followed the whole conversation. Generally, I'm not partisan. I have followed the evidence and the reasoning. You posted a map, showing the illiteracy rates, and compared them to the general electoral voting trends, insinuating that the reason this is so is because there are more illiterate conservatives in those states.

What followed were counter-posts showing that there are larger portions of uneducated minorities in those states. THAT is statistical proof, not gut level emotional insinuation. Why not just admit you are wrong? If anything, you can turn the argument around on your opponents and claim that the indifference of conservatives in those southern states at the state level contributes to the dropout rates.

It's a patently weak argument. I wouldn't go there. Personally responsibility within the black culture has more to do with the black drop out rate then anything the state government does, but that is neither here nor there. You have been bested. Clearly the illiteracy rate in the south has nothing to do with how conservatives vote. It has to do with the lack of minorities showing up to finish their education.

Candycorn, I have followed the whole conversation. Generally, I'm not partisan. I have followed the evidence and the reasoning. You posted a map, showing the illiteracy rates, and compared them to the general electoral voting trends, insinuating that the reason this is so is because there are more illiterate conservatives in those states.

What followed were counter-posts showing that there are larger portions of uneducated minorities in those states. THAT is statistical proof, not gut level emotional insinuation. Why not just admit you are wrong? If anything, you can turn the argument around on your opponents and claim that the indifference of conservatives in those southern states at the state level contributes to the dropout rates.

It's a patently weak argument. I wouldn't go there. Personally responsibility within the black culture has more to do with the black drop out rate then anything the state government does, but that is neither here nor there. You have been bested. Clearly the illiteracy rate in the south has nothing to do with how conservatives vote. It has to do with the lack of minorities showing up to finish their education.

Great post. Excellent assessment of the flow of this conversation in spite of all his(?) effort to distract people...

Mark

In that 30 year period...
And??

Here. This is the final nail in the "statistical coffin" of your weak argument. Sure, those states do have lot of minorities. But the problem that we have in our states educating minorities, is the same problem southern states have, contending with black culture. Do you know what that is? Here, listen to the famous "Pound Cake" routine by Bill Cosby. He laments this problem. In order for education and the drive to be successful to work, the community and social networks of the child have to value it. If the community raising the child DOES NOT put a premium on education and success? It doesn't matter what the school or the government does.

These are the statistics that show why your argument falls flat.
map_nhblack.gif

p.s. this country will be wide open ruins from nuclear fall out etc... smog. volcanic ash etc.. what do you expect? eden?

I'm not one for predictions - but I'll go out on a limb and say there will NOT be a nuclear strike on the USA in the next 150 years.

A dirty bomb terrorist attack is possible, but and actual nuclear attack ain't going to happen.
what makes you think it won't? you know putin or kim ill personally?

Forum List

Back