What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

If History is the best teacher...you're wanting to emulate the old USSR is strange.

Say what?

Governments collapse due to greed, corruption and oppression and are replaced all the time. It's how humans "work". That's a historical fact going back 5000 years.

You think this country is eternal and everything is fine...Ok, good for you.

No but the 20 year time frame for collapse is way too short an amount of time outside of getting nuked. All of the pent up anger from the right wing is pretty much a non factor except in the South.
Marin County is not in the South. Neither is Westchester County.

Not sure about the rioting being a barometer of gullibility but whatever...enjoy your day.

If you don't have any idea what the "barometer of gullibility" is, then it is because YOU are gullible.

Thanks for playing.

???

Anyway, no segment of the nation consistently votes in national elections against their best interest more than the South. It's a proven fact over and over again.

What are you talking about? The South is what is saving us from complete subjugation to Liberal Totalitarianism. Voting to stop totalitarianism is in everyone's best interests. Too bad the NE and the coasts have been Patty Hearsted.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

It may seem like I hate the ignorance of those I dont agree with but it's just a ploy to educate them. propaganda has never been stronger then today in America and it targets both side especially the right that uses fear on usually the elderly or mentally weak minds of so called right wing.

If you don't have any idea what the "barometer of gullibility" is, then it is because YOU are gullible.

Thanks for playing.

???

Anyway, no segment of the nation consistently votes in national elections against their best interest more than the South. It's a proven fact over and over again.

Proven fact huh?

Is this "proven fact" something that exists outside your imagination?

Otherwise, it would be called, "an uninformed opinion."

Those in poverty still vote for the Party that wishes for them to remain in poverty. It's been happening for nearly a generation now. No opinion; just fact.

What Party has said, "we wish for 'them' to remain in poverty?"

Quote the source.

Otherwise, continue with your delusion, its somewhat amusing to read your incredibly ignorant blitherings.

Ahh

literacy_us_2003.jpg

No more solidly GOP area than the South...is that why it was called the "solid south" (feigning curiosity)?

WTF? Thanks for that map. The Two biggest liberal states, CA and NY have more "illiterates" than any other region. The most literate sections of the country are also the whitest. Don't blame the South for having so many blacks.

p.s. this country will be wide open ruins from nuclear fall out etc... smog. volcanic ash etc.. what do you expect? eden?

???

Proven fact huh?

Those in poverty still vote for the Party that wishes for them to remain in poverty. It's been happening for nearly a generation now. No opinion; just fact.

Quote the source.

Otherwise, continue with your delusion, its somewhat amusing to read your incredibly ignorant blitherings.

Ahh

literacy_us_2003.jpg

No more solidly GOP area than the South...is that why it was called the "solid south" (feigning curiosity)?

WTF? Thanks for that map. The Two biggest liberal states, CA and NY have more "illiterates" than any other region. The most literate sections of the country are also the whitest. Don't blame the South for having so many blacks.
why shouldn't we blame the south for having so many blacks? they wanted to enslave them and imported most of them.. lol. only kidn about the blacks but the south are stupid people in general. easily duped watch too much football and stuff. maybe too much in breeding.

I see it being a country of sheep/subjects under the control of this Federal Government aka, your new masters
I like our present corporate masters and all the other freedom fighters enslaving each other among us. you know. you all

If it gets to bad I have the option of the ignore author function or just logging off and finding something else to do. For example NHL opening day here Thursday Stars vs Blackhawks.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

It may seem like I hate the ignorance of those I dont agree with but it's just a ploy to educate them. propaganda has never been stronger then today in America and it targets both side especially the right that uses fear on usually the elderly or mentally weak minds of so called right wing.

I know I'm in the minority on this, at least on this board, but I think the only thing that is going to happen when someone is attacked, insulted and played games with is that they are going to commit even more passionately to their position.

I don't understand how this kind of behavior is supposed to change hearts and minds, or even to incentivize people to cooperate.

p.s. this country will be wide open ruins from nuclear fall out etc... smog. volcanic ash etc.. what do you expect? eden?

I'm not one for predictions - but I'll go out on a limb and say there will NOT be a nuclear strike on the USA in the next 150 years.

A dirty bomb terrorist attack is possible, but and actual nuclear attack ain't going to happen.

I know I'm in the minority on this, at least on this board, but I think the only thing that is going to happen when someone is attacked, insulted and played games with is that they are going to commit even more passionately to their position.

I don't understand how this kind of behavior is supposed to change hearts and minds, or even to incentivize people to cooperate.

The problem is that you're trying to have an adult conversation with a child...Since they already know everything, you're just wasting your time on this one...

The problem is that you're trying to have an adult conversation with a child...Since they already know everything, you're just wasting your time on this one...

Agreed.

Actually I hope haissem is a child.

Otherwise he's ....it is quite severely handicapped.

???

Proven fact huh?

Quote the source.

Ahh

literacy_us_2003.jpg

It would never occur to me to "blame" the South for having too many blacks. It's largely non-blacks who run the school boards, legislatures, governor mansions (for going on 6 decades now right?) who have made these abysmal poverty and illiteracy rates a fixture in the South. You're exhibit A.

Proven fact huh?

Quote the source.

Ahh

literacy_us_2003.jpg

It would never occur to me to "blame" the South for having too many blacks. It's largely non-blacks who run the school boards, legislatures, governor mansions (for going on 6 decades now right?) who have made these abysmal poverty and illiteracy rates a fixture in the South. You're exhibit A.

satracialgapfigure_zpsd42426ef.gif

Race-Income-Education-Achievement_zpsf0d75297.jpg

You keep saying that .....and I keep asking you to explain to me how the school boards, legislatures and governors of southern states are able to work in collusion to force negroes to drop out of school?

Forum List

Back