What is the point of a “DEBT CEILING” if we just keep raising it?

If the loserterians push this crap I'll be voting straight democrat in 2024. I don't wish to live in a runned down crap hole and stopping all investment into our country will result in exactly that.

America first should also mean we care about our own society and aim for continued success.

I like having the debt ceiling requirement, it is a good thing because it focuses attention on the gov't spending money that it does not have. It would be great if every appropriation bill had to be paid for, but since that is not the case then IMHO the gov't should be doing something about the overspending or the lack of sufficient revenue. Sadly, that doesn't happen either.

Last edited:
If the loserterians push this crap I'll be voting straight democrat in 2024. I don't wish to live in a runned down crap hole and stopping all investment into our country will result in exactly that.

America first should also mean we care about our own society and aim for continued success.
Sending billions to shitholes in the Eastern hemisphere encourages investment in the US?
Do tell…

Fuck off, twat face. You guys are selling a line of shit. Partisans are destroying this country. Shove your lesser of two evils idiocy up your bloated assholes.
Forcibly-S.jpg

A debt ceiling means nothing if you just keep raising it. The point of a debt ceiling is to cut spending if you are approaching the ceiling.

Just continuing to spend like crazy so you have to keep raising the debt ceiling is stupid.

Its just an arbitrary number that keeps raising.

The Congress should get rid of the debt ceiling because it doesnt matter anyways.
:auiqs.jpg: :dunno::aargh:🤪:laughing0301::rofl:WHY ARE REPUBLICANS SO IGNORANT?

A debt ceiling means nothing if you just keep raising it. The point of a debt ceiling is to cut spending if you are approaching the ceiling.

Just continuing to spend like crazy so you have to keep raising the debt ceiling is stupid.

The Congress should get rid of the debt ceiling because it doesnt matter anyways.

I answered this question in another thread...

Sorry, don't really feel like typing it all out again here.

But...that's the answer to your question.

Since the Democrats took the Oval Office, our country has gone to heck in a handbasket. Yet you want more of the same. Why

Just%20WOW-S.jpg

If you knew what the debt ceiling was, you wouldn't need to ask such a stupid ass question.

President Joe Biden is demanding that the debt ceiling must be raised, WITHOUT CONDITIONS! In other words, just give us the money and TRUST US to spend it wisely. Just sign the blank check and we'll take care of everything!

Kind of glad I'm near the end of my life-span. I don't want to see how this ends.
You don't know what the debt ceiling is do you?

I agree, raising the debt ceiling to cover money you've already allocated is absurd. Doing it that way is backwards. The point of the debt ceiling is to try and control spending, but if you are allocating money with no limit, then just raise the debt ceiling to meet that obligation, there really isn't a debt ceiling at all.

Also, someone please explain to me the relationship of the yearly budget to the debt ceiling. The house just passed a 1.7 trillion budget...doesn't that mean everything is already funded through 2023? How are we at the debt ceiling then? Or is that just the case of the budget is simply how much they project they'll need, but they have to raise the debt ceiling to cover the budget they just proposed?

Also, the government has never not raised the debt ceiling, right? This will be no different, there will be a last minute deal.

Last edited:
I understand that. But voters don't care about the votes. Why would they care about he amendments. They're still gonna vote for their tribe regardless.
Likely so, but some voters are one issue voters, it would be nice to see exactly what amendments, who introduced and placed them on a bill.
It would confirm or deny MY support for a politician.
Like you stated, it likely wouldn't matter to some.

Late-stage Rome

We're done.

Forum List

Back