What is your opinion on Alex Jones

Free speech includes the right to believe, think, speak what isn't true as much as what is true.

absolutely. free speech is protection for YOU from the gov'ment. not other private citizens. free speech also doesn't protect you from the consequences of that free speech.

yell fire in a crowded theatre is not protected & this is the worst case scenario, it happened & he has no protection, except from bodily harm.

Did he encourage anybody to harass Sandy Hook families? If he did, that is one thing. That he did not is something else.

Did Alex Jones tell his followers to harass Sandy Hook families?
No, he did not

But he fed them lies about the families being Crisis Actors who were lying about their children being killed

When the famines told him that his lies were leading his followers to harass Sandy Hook families and begged him to stop……He continued the lies

absolutely. free speech is protection from YOU by the gov'ment. not other private citizens. free speech also doesn't protect you from the consequences of that free speech.

yell fire in a crowded theatre is not protected & this is the worst case scenario, it happened & he has no protection, except from bodily harm.
He didn't yell fire in a crowded theater or do anything else that caused material harm. He has a controversial and in my view a really stupid opinion about something and stated it. That should be criticized. It should not be grounds for a lawsuit. It does not rise to the level of libel or slander which can justify a lawsuit. There is no law that says thou shalt not hurt playtime's or Foxfyre's feelings.

Free speech includes the right to believe, think, speak what isn't true as much as what is true.

Congress shall pass no laws
Means the government can’t punish you for what you say

It does not mean that there can be no consequences for your speech. If your lies hurt other people, you must face the consequences
Alex Jones is paying Bigly

Yes he made horrible comments about Sandy Hook and even offered to pay 55 million in damages!! They want 1.4 billion?

Clearly this is highly politically motivated and un American??

if he was a leftist who accused T of Russian collision he would not pay a penny
So you think it is the guy committing defamation that should determine the damages incurred for that defamation?

Jones got shafted..Not because anything was politically motivated. But because he refused to comply with the obligation associated with defamation suits. Discovery for one. This resulted in the most negative inferences being drawn.

In the world you live I presume. It's of no consequence that people are held accountable. In the court system. Not taking your responsibility will be looked upon harshly.

He didn't yell fire in a crowded theater or do anything else that caused material harm. He has a controversial and in my view a really stupid opinion about something and stated it. That should be criticized. It should not be grounds for a lawsuit. It does not rise to the level of libel or slander which can justify a lawsuit. There is no law that says thou shalt not hurt playtime's or Foxfyre's feelings.

that is why he got the shit sued outa him.

& like i said, he should count his lucky stars that cash is all he has to give up.

Hurt feelings are so subjective that if we continue to file lawsuits for that it won't be long that pretty much every American will be subject to having to defend their opinions in court. Another person's opinion must result in material objective harm before it should be actionable in any way. For instance, if Jones encouraged others to get in the face of Sandy hook family members, harass them, make their lives miserable, I would struggle as to whether that was actionable as he had no power to make anybody do anything, but maybe the court would have had a better case. I still think those who do those kinds of things should be sued and not those who just think or suggest it though.

If Alex Jones stands before an angry mob and points to one person and spreads lies that he has done horrible things and that mob turns on that person and harms them

Do you think Jones bears the responsibility for the attack

Congress shall pass no laws
Means the government can’t punish you for what you say

It does not mean that there can be no consequences for your speech. If your lies hurt other people, you must face the consequences
Alex Jones is paying Bigly
Okay I think I'll sue you for your hurtful statements and insinuations about me. If I say your speech hurt me, I should be able to take you to court. And get a huge judgment that'll show you. (Mostly enrich me.) And I have plenty of evidence for those comments right here at USMB.

If anybody can sue anybody just because their feelings are hurt, nobody is free to look to their lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness guaranteed by the Constitution.

Alex Jones needs to sell his shit , give some away for Charity and GTFO of Austin pronto

Okay I think I'll sue you for your hurtful statements and insinuations about me. If I say your speech hurt me, I should be able to take you to court. And get a huge judgment that'll show you. (Mostly enrich me.) And I have plenty of evidence for those comments right here at USMB.

If anybody can sue anybody just because their feelings are hurt, nobody is free to look to their lives, liberty and pursuit of happiness guaranteed by the Constitution.
That is the way things work
You can take me to court

But the burden is on you to prove

What was said was untrue
Damages
Malice

If Alex Jones stands before an angry mob and points to one person and spreads lies that he has done horrible things and that mob turns on that person and harms them

Do you think Jones bears the responsibility for the attack
Nope. Only if he tells the mob to do it. Would you attack somebody just because some idiot tells lies and says he has done horrible things? And in this case Jones didn't do that. He just expressed a really stupid and indefensible opinion about something. You have said what I consider lies about horrible things Donald Trump has done. Is it your fault if I try to physically harm Trump?

What harm did Jones do to anybody other than somebody used his stupid words to hurt the feelings of Sandy Hook families? (I say that on the theory that those families did not hear him say it in real time and probably would have never known about it if somebody hadn't told them.)

He needs to lose his Firearms in a Tragic Boating accident , Be robbed of his jewelery and his Art , and get a nice used Motorcoach and move to Wyoming or Idaho and Start over from scratch & do a show like Woody Harrelson’s character in 2012
AJ should do all of this pronto

Nope. Only if he tells the mob to do it. Would you attack somebody just because some idiot tells lies and says he has done horrible things? And in this case Jones didn't do that. He just expressed a really stupid and indefensible opinion about something. You have said what I consider lies about horrible things Donald Trump has done. Is it your fault if I try to physically harm Trump?

What harm did Jones do to anybody other than somebody used his stupid words to hurt the feelings of Sandy Hook families? (I say that on the theory that those families did not hear him say it in real time and probably would have never known about it if somebody hadn't told them.)

Good God
:eek:

You are one callous bitch
You have no perception of inciting a mob.

Do you have any perception that harm can be both physical and psychological?

Do you have any concept of what a family that has had a six year old child slaughtered is suffering from?

How can you defend someone who makes that suffering worse?

I liked Alex Jones because he continually exposed the far left globalists and deep state pukes that hate America and want to destroy it.
Bullying the Glowbillies

He's been a pioneer in exposing that plot. So he did enough for us, and we should cut him some slack for over-reaching. Remember, Columbus discovered America but thought it was India. A lot of explorers have trouble with being precise.

Do you have any perception that harm can be both physical and psychological?

Do you have any concept of what a family that has had a six year old child slaughtered is suffering from?

How can you defend someone who makes that suffering worse?
I am not defending anyone who is cruel and hurtful towards others who do not deserve it. I have nothing but criticism and contempt for such people and will choose not to associate with them. I am only making a case that if hurting somebody's feelings is justification for a lawsuit, every single one of us is liable and can be sued by somebody.

If I say Biden is a dangerous idiot or Trump is a dangerous dictator and somebody hears that and attacks Biden or Trump or commits an illegal act, should I be held liable and sued for my opinion? Should you? Or should the person doing the attacking be the one held liable?

You cannot extrapolate that to an angry mob which you have tried to do. We are not talking about an angry mob. We are talking about expressing an opinion that may or may not be true but has no power or material effect on anybody.

Did Alex Jones tell his followers to harass Sandy Hook families?
No, he did not
But he fed them lies about the families being Crisis Actors who were lying about their children being killed
When the famines told him that his lies were leading his followers to harass Sandy Hook families and begged him to stop……He continued the lies
Only in this far leftist court with a liberal Judge and Prosecutor would Alex Jones be found Guilty of this non-crime. .... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back