What To Do About A Lawless President?

It's not as though we weren't warned!
When centralizing the government was a consideration....many believed that we might wind up with....well, what we have now.

1. Alexander Hamilton, in 67 Federalist, lampooned the picture of the presidency that was being painted by critics of the Constitution.

“He has been seated on a throne surrounded with minions and mistresses, giving audience to the envoys of foreign potentates, in all the supercilious pomp of majesty. The images of Asiatic despotism and voluptuousness have scarcely been wanting to crown the exaggerated scene. We have been taught to tremble at the terrific visages of murdering janizaries, and to blush at the unveiled mysteries of a future seraglio.”

2. Seems many bought the view that the Constitution would prevent the kind of aggrandizement that has actually occurred.

If only.

3. Not the only time...but simply one of the latest infractions:

" Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

“[The Department of Defense] violated section 8111 because it did not notify the relevant congressional committees at least 30 days in advance of the transfer,”....

...DOD violated the Antideficiency Act. The Antideficiency Act prohibits federal agencies from incurring obligations exceeding an amount available in an appropriation.”

The GAO rejected the idea that the action was legal and sidestepped the Obama team’s suggestion that the law is unconstitutional.

....where legislation has been passed by Congress and signed by the President, thereby satisfying the bicameralism and presentment requirements in the Constitution, that legislation is entitled to a heavy presumption in favor of constitutionality.”

Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap | National Review Online

You got nothin' but hyper-partisanship and impotent rage.

It's not as though we weren't warned!
When centralizing the government was a consideration....many believed that we might wind up with....well, what we have now.

1. Alexander Hamilton, in 67 Federalist, lampooned the picture of the presidency that was being painted by critics of the Constitution.

“He has been seated on a throne surrounded with minions and mistresses, giving audience to the envoys of foreign potentates, in all the supercilious pomp of majesty. The images of Asiatic despotism and voluptuousness have scarcely been wanting to crown the exaggerated scene. We have been taught to tremble at the terrific visages of murdering janizaries, and to blush at the unveiled mysteries of a future seraglio.”

2. Seems many bought the view that the Constitution would prevent the kind of aggrandizement that has actually occurred.

If only.

3. Not the only time...but simply one of the latest infractions:

" Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap" President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

“[The Department of Defense] violated section 8111 because it did not notify the relevant congressional committees at least 30 days in advance of the transfer,”....

...DOD violated the Antideficiency Act. The Antideficiency Act prohibits federal agencies from incurring obligations exceeding an amount available in an appropriation.”

The GAO rejected the idea that the action was legal and sidestepped the Obama team’s suggestion that the law is unconstitutional.

....where legislation has been passed by Congress and signed by the President, thereby satisfying the bicameralism and presentment requirements in the Constitution, that legislation is entitled to a heavy presumption in favor of constitutionality.”

Feds: Obama Broke Law with Bergdahl Swap | National Review Online

You got nothin' but hyper-partisanship and impotent rage.

See ya' November 2014

Tuesday, the 4th of November.....mark it on your calendar....bring your Pepcid.

this government is SO BIG and it's now so corrupted to the hilt

and the CITIZENS only have themselves to blame. You voted then gave up all your lives and our countries decisions to whatever the asses you elected wanted...and I'm speaking to most Democrats, but Republicans have become just as lazy

now we have a tyrant Masters not a government

The GAO report says not a word about the President. It does not say the President broke the law. It says the DoD violated the reporting requirements of section 8111 of the Department of Defense Appropriations Act.

But that doesn't stop the tards from substituting "Obama" for "DoD".

Perhaps you have forgotten who is the Commander-in-Chief.

I'm being kind.

In actuality you're simply an imbecile.

Only in your head is it established that President Obama is a lawless President; of course I've provided much more evidence that you, PC, are mentally ill as defined by the DSM's definition of personality disorders, to wit, narcissistic personality disorder.

this government is SO BIG and it's now so corrupted to the hilt

and the CITIZENS only have themselves to blame. You voted then gave up all your lives and our countries decisions to whatever the asses you elected wanted...and I'm speaking to most Democrats, but Republicans have become just as lazy

now we have a tyrant Masters not a government

I wonder how PC feels that someone like you supports her mental illness?

No excuse for doctoring a quote. No excuse means no excuse. A mistake warrants an apology. The lack of an apology indicates the lack of character and reliable honesty from the author or the original misrepresentation.

No excuse for doctoring a quote. No excuse means no excuse. A mistake warrants an apology. The lack of an apology indicates the lack of character and reliable honesty from the author or the original misrepresentation.

"No excuse for doctoring a quote....."

Well...then you should stop doing it.

Inappropriate and unrepentant and unprofessional.

It's only a matter of time.

You, PC, a student at college, cheated on sourcing.

That's worth academic death.

If you believe you were right in so doing, then you believe the ends justify the means.

You, PC, a student at college, cheated on sourcing.

That's worth academic death.

If you believe you were right in so doing, then you believe the ends justify the means.

I believe that you are an imbecile.

I notice that you have not provided any examples of what you are carping about.

The claim is that you altered a document to support your OP, when it fact it did not.

Did you or did you not do that?

If you refuse to answer, the doctrine of silent affirmation condemns you.

No one offered proof of Obama legally exchanging prisoners. Several sources confirm it was outside established rules and law. PC walks away the winner once again. Sort of disappointed, I didn't have to do any heavy lifting here.

The claim is that you altered a document to support your OP, when it fact it did not.

You lying moron.....I notice that you have not provided any examples of what you are carping about.

Try winning an election :thup:

As to your OP, you people already have a lawsuit filed against the President. What more do you want?

Maybe in the meantime Repubs could work on legislation that will pass the senate? :shock:

Your side's butt hurtedness knows no bounds and you exemplify it daily PoliHack. :clap2:

Actually, my hurt is based on the fact there are some folks....fewer all the time....who are as abysmally stupid as you appear to be.

The point of the OP is that this is a lawless President....

...do you have any comment to that point?

The point of the OP is to troll, something you do regularly. Then, when others disagree with you, you call them stupid. In every thread you post, the pattern is the same.

I suppose mental masturbation provides you some degree of satisfaction, that's sad and would be pitiful, but you don't deserve pity.

when it comes to stupid you liberfoolcrats are the #1 champion of something way beyond STUPID..., can anyone find that word for me ? :up:

[QUOTE="Wry Catcher, post: 9672161, member: 20297]

Only in your head is it established that President Obama is a lawless President; of course I've provided much more evidence that you, PC, are mentally ill as defined by the DSM's definition of personality disorders, to wit, narcissistic personality disorder.[/QUOTE]

Visiting the shrink doesn't make you one.

JAKESTARKEY SAID:

You lying moron.....I notice that you have not provided any examples of what you are carping about.

You have condemned yourself.

No one offered proof of Obama legally exchanging prisoners. Several sources confirm it was outside established rules and law. PC walks away the winner once again. Sort of disappointed, I didn't have to do any heavy lifting here.

No lifting to do on a non-issue.

The CiC in time of war is authorized to act unilaterally despite law or Constitution.

Change the Constitution if you don't want this to happen again.

Forum List

Back