What Will Happen to the Post Office

Because we need to ditch the Post Office. It's a big money sucking black hole.
It is obsolete in its current role. We need to change that role. Let them be the face of government to most people.
I still haven't seen any private companies stepping up to deliver a letter door to door, cross country for fifty cents

They can't, moron. It's illegal.
Illegal?
Worse, it's unprofitable

No, it's just illegal. Ho can you know whether it's unprofitable if private firms are not allowed to provide the service? If the Post Office does such a great job, then why not open it up to competition?
well if this private firm that you feel can do the job then they too have to hold a retirement plan 50 years out too... I wonder how many of your private firms will jump at deal ...

Wrong. They are free to make any deal with their employees that any other private company is legally allowed to make.

Wonder why libs did nothing when they controlled everything.........all talk ...no action.........wonder if they will even propose anything this session........

Passed the ACA, banking reform (for what it was), got us out of 2 unwinnable wars
ACA and banking reform does what for the Post Office...btw banking reform hasnt done anything either name one person prosecuted under Dodd Frank or Sarbox.........

Because we need to ditch the Post Office. It's a big money sucking black hole.
It is obsolete in its current role. We need to change that role. Let them be the face of government to most people.
I still haven't seen any private companies stepping up to deliver a letter door to door, cross country for fifty cents

Illegal?
Worse, it's unprofitable

No, it's just illegal. Ho can you know whether it's unprofitable if private firms are not allowed to provide the service? If the Post Office does such a great job, then why not open it up to competition?

If we abolish the USPS do we have a choice but to make it legal?

How much would FedEx or UPS charge to send a letter cross country and deliver it door to door?

They would probably charge a lot less than the Post Office. That's why the Post Office fights tooth and nail to prevent Congress from abolishing its legal monopoly on 1st class mail.

What did libs do for PO while in control????????? Be specific .....I mean you support them so much ya must have done something riiiiggghhht

Try to stay on topic in your own thread pease

Yanno, as long as you fail to use the quote feature, nobody has a clue what you're talking about or who you're addressing with these non sequiturs...
Is it your thread...then it wasnt addressed to you pretty simple eh

Very good. Now go do that for the rest of your worthlessly acontextual droppings so they'll actually connect to something.

Say, just a wild guess... do you work for FedEx?

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.

It is profitable and it doesn't use a penny of tax dollars. Fucking learn something.

It costs a lot more than it should cost. When you see postal workers driving brand new Corvettes, you know something isn't right.
  1. While CEO of FedEx in 2008, Frederick W. Smith earned a total compensation of $10,434,589, which included a base salary of$1,430,466, a cash bonus of $2,705,000, stocks granted of $0, and options granted of $5,461,575.
Corvettes No, Rolls Royce Yes.

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.

It is profitable and it doesn't use a penny of tax dollars. Fucking learn something.

It costs a lot more than it should cost. When you see postal workers driving brand new Corvettes, you know something isn't right.
  1. While CEO of FedEx in 2008, Frederick W. Smith earned a total compensation of $10,434,589, which included a base salary of$1,430,466, a cash bonus of $2,705,000, stocks granted of $0, and options granted of $5,461,575.

Wonder how much Fred made from absconding with all the packages they claim to deliver but don't ....

Wonder how much Fed Ex is going to charge us to send out the IRS forms, Voter Registration Cards, etc....
Would Brifart be okay with the Fed Ex driver driving a nice car that he paid for?

Yanno, as long as you fail to use the quote feature, nobody has a clue what you're talking about or who you're addressing with these non sequiturs...

Very good. Now go do that for the rest of your worthlessly acontextual droppings so they'll actually connect to something.

Cant help you dont know what threads you start..........and you havent read anything have you. Now go back and read and tell me if you think my posts are in favor of or against the PO be specific......

Illegal?
Worse, it's unprofitable

If we abolish the USPS do we have a choice but to make it legal?

How much would FedEx or UPS charge to send a letter cross country and deliver it door to door?

They would probably charge a lot less than the Post Office. That's why the Post Office fights tooth and nail to prevent Congress from abolishing its legal monopoly on 1st class mail.

Again, I repeat to the crickets.... where in the world can you mail a letter cheaper than you can here? Where?

Wonder why libs did nothing when they controlled everything.........all talk ...no action.........wonder if they will even propose anything this session........
here is why they did nothing you moron ... to control the congress you first have to have the super majority ... the dems never had the super majority they only hand the majority ... or did you forget all those filibuster... go and learn how the government works moron ... it amazes me how you get through life with such stupid remarks like this.... that's ok moron ....theres a senator in one of the states that said he's going to filibuster every republican bill they try to pass that comes out of the house ... then we can say stupid shit just like you did

Cant help you dont know what threads you start..........and you havent read anything have you. Now go back and read and tell me if you think my posts are in favor of or against the PO be specific......

I don't have a fucking clue what your position is, and neither does anyone else. They're just islands, unconnected to anything, floating like turds in the toilet bowl of this thread. They amount to onanism, nothing more. I'm not wasting my time on noise.

I don't have a fucking clue what your position is, and neither does anyone else. They're just islands, unconnected to anything, floating like turds in the toilet bowl of this thread. They amount to onanism, nothing more. I'm not wasting my time on noise.
Then you havent rread because it is clearly stated

Forum List

Back