What would happen to the economy if minimum wages are raised?

Incorrect. That would be welfare, NOT unemployment compensation.
nope; it would be unemployment compensation and equal protection of the law.
like most people who have never owned a business you don't understand how UI works
i know it is being applied wrong, on purpose.
no you are confusing UI with welfare
Did you know that business pay state and federal UI taxes based on their payroll ? It is already funded by employers and is meant for people who find themselves unemployed against their will. It is not for people who refuse to work, who voluntarily quit or who are fired for cause
no, i am not confusing anything. the right merely confuses Mickey Mouse jobs, to actually improving the efficiency of our economy.

Stuffing burgers into bags IS a Mickey Mouse job
Stocking shelves IS a Mickey Mouse job
there are countless more

it is already happening.

Not at the federal level which is all that really counts.
States stupid enough to do it will see businesses move to other states
it may. in any case, it is happening in some of the States.

only the right thinks it is Only about the the bottom line, instead of location, location, location. the product should merit what the market will bear, regardless.

Get your story straight will you?

An artificial raise in labor prices makes a product less competitive in the market. If people will only pay 10 bucks for something and your artificial labor cost increase makes it impossible to produce that product at a cost that will make 10 dollars profitable then the price will have to be raised to more than 10 dollars and people (the market) will stop buying it
so what; it means some consolidation and restructuring to become more efficient, since they will have more efficient labor to work with.

Henry Ford did not have that problem, why do modern capitalists?

This so reminds me of you danny boi

11976_1113203598702714_7674565301733792367_n.jpg
all it takes is an income to be ready for work.

like most people who have never owned a business you don't understand how UI works
Did you know that business pay state and federal UI taxes based on their payroll ? It is already funded by employers and is meant for people who find themselves unemployed against their will. It is not for people who refuse to work, who voluntarily quit or who are fired for cause
no, i am not confusing anything. the right merely confuses Mickey Mouse jobs, to actually improving the efficiency of our economy.

there are countless more
it is about equal protection of the law.

there are countless more

That has nothing to do with MW.

People who make MW get the same protection under the law as everyone else

there are countless more

social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour.

there are countless more

So what?

That's a nonissue and irrelevant to equal protection under the law

You have no right to a job or an income.
In fact you have no right to police protection or welfare

it is politics, not welfare. and, it is not, artificially high; it is just right wing fantasy, that is all.

wages should compete favorably with the cost of social services.
That uncouples wages from the value of the work performed. It would be more honest for the government to make up the difference between the real wage and the "living wage". If the "living wage" in your area is $15/hour and you earn $7, then you get welfare benefits of $8/hr. Not saying it would be sustainable, but it would be more honest.
not at all; its merely fixing the value at the new equilibrium.

now you know why no one takes the right seriously about economics.

Its trickle up poor and you dont have a clue about economics..thats a fact, you dont know shit about profit margins, you dont have a clue that over 80% of bussiness are small..

Your so fucking dumb on economics that you dont even know how stupid you really are.

so what; Henry Ford doubled wages and did not whine about regulations or taxes; only corporate welfare addicts, do that.
Ford was making enough money that he could afford to do that. Most companies do not have that luxury.

And it was cheaper than training new workers.
Libs think he did it to be fair, he did it to make more money!!!

Incorrect. That would be welfare, NOT unemployment compensation.
Those "Mickey Mouse" jobs are vital for unskilled teenagers trying to break into the job market and you're trying to take them away.

there are countless more

So why make businesses be welfare agencies?

there are countless more

So what?

it is the reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. equal protection of the law should apply, to unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

That uncouples wages from the value of the work performed. It would be more honest for the government to make up the difference between the real wage and the "living wage". If the "living wage" in your area is $15/hour and you earn $7, then you get welfare benefits of $8/hr. Not saying it would be sustainable, but it would be more honest.

Its trickle up poor and you dont have a clue about economics..thats a fact, you dont know shit about profit margins, you dont have a clue that over 80% of bussiness are small..

Your so fucking dumb on economics that you dont even know how stupid you really are.

so what; Henry Ford doubled wages and did not whine about regulations or taxes; only corporate welfare addicts, do that.
Ford was making enough money that he could afford to do that. Most companies do not have that luxury.

why can't modern capitalists do it now?

Those "Mickey Mouse" jobs are vital for unskilled teenagers trying to break into the job market and you're trying to take them away.
not at all; there will always be a natural rate of unemployment under Capitalism.

solving for simple poverty on an at-will basis is simply more efficient.

there are countless more

So why make businesses be welfare agencies?
don't know what you mean. it is your straw man argument. why don't You explain it?

why can't modern capitalists do it now?

It took more training to build cars than it does to make fries.

there are countless more

So what?

it is the reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage. equal protection of the law should apply, to unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.
Well it doesn't and it never will.
UI is meant for people who are forced out of employment against their will, or who were fired for insufficient cause not for lazy fucks who choose not to work

not at all; there will always be a natural rate of unemployment under Capitalism.

solving for simple poverty on an at-will basis is simply more efficient.
And we can make it easier or harder for unskilled teenagers with no work history to break into the job market. I want to make it easier, you want to make it harder.

Forum List

Back