White Christians Are Now a Minority—But They're Getting More Isolated and Less Tolerant

Thanks for proving my point. All those laws did was say the state would not recognize gay marriage, it did not "ban" them at all. Try reading the actual text of those laws.
if it didnt ban them why does it say "banning"

"Prior to the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, U.S. states passed several different types of state constitutional amendments banning legal recognition of same-sex unions in U.S. state constitutions, referred to by proponents as defense of marriage amendments."

If you dont recognize the marriage legally they cant get the same benefits. Your attempt at playing semantics doesnt really change anything.

Because that's what the media and queer enablers call it, and monkeys follows suit. If it doesn't outlaw the act, it's not a ban.
Its a ban if its not legally recognized. What if someone said you could buy a car but the state would not legally recognize your right to drive it?. Is this turning on a light bulb in that dim place you call a brain?

States are allowed to deny people from driving on public roads, that's why they issue something called a driver's license.

Try again tree-gibbon.
You monkeys have a hard time following things. If the state denies you from driving on the road is that the same thing as being banned?

That decision was about forcing states to recognize gay marriages. Gay marriages were not illegal before that. Can you name a gay couple ever persecuted by the government and put in jail?
`
`

That makes no sense. In Wisconsin, a gay couple could not obtain a license to get married and since the law only recognizes marriages for people with licenses, regardless of any religious or private ceremonies they had. I assume the same applies to other states. Since the Obergefell v. Hodges decision, now states must must issue such a license to same sex couples so they can have a legally recognized union.

Many elements of our society are bitterly opposed to that. However, like it or not, that's the law.

You still seemed confused about the difference between a state not recognizing something, and "banning" the act. Banning something means people would be fined or go to jail for doing it.

Thanks for proving my point. All those laws did was say the state would not recognize gay marriage, it did not "ban" them at all. Try reading the actual text of those laws.
if it didnt ban them why does it say "banning"

"Prior to the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, U.S. states passed several different types of state constitutional amendments banning legal recognition of same-sex unions in U.S. state constitutions, referred to by proponents as defense of marriage amendments."

If you dont recognize the marriage legally they cant get the same benefits. Your attempt at playing semantics doesnt really change anything.

Because that's what the media and queer enablers call it, and monkeys follows suit. If it doesn't outlaw the act, it's not a ban.
Its a ban if its not legally recognized. What if someone said you could buy a car but the state would not legally recognize your right to drive it?. Is this turning on a light bulb in that dim place you call a brain?

States are allowed to deny people from driving on public roads, that's why they issue something called a driver's license.

Try again tree-gibbon.
You monkeys have a hard time following things. If the state denies you from driving on the road is that the same thing as being banned?

Yes, you can go to jail for driving without a license.

Now, have you heard of a gay couple going to jail for getting married? No, you haven't. Hence your analogy is idiotic.

That decision was about forcing states to recognize gay marriages. Gay marriages were not illegal before that. Can you name a gay couple ever persecuted by the government and put in jail?
`
`

That makes no sense. In Wisconsin, a gay couple could not obtain a license to get married and since the law only recognizes marriages for people with licenses, regardless of any religious or private ceremonies they had. I assume the same applies to other states. Since the Obergefell v. Hodges decision, now states must must issue such a license to same sex couples so they can have a legally recognized union.

Many elements of our society are bitterly opposed to that. However, like it or not, that's the law.

You still seemed confused about the difference between a state not recognizing something, and "banning" the act. Banning something means people would be fined or go to jail for doing it.
There is nothing in the definition of ban that says you have to get fined or go to jail. However there are two words that say block and suppress to define a ban. See what happens when you play semantics and you arent bright enough to know what you are talking about?

ban1
ban/
verb
  1. 1.
    officially or legally prohibit.
    "he was banned from driving for a year"
    synonyms: prohibit, forbid, veto, proscribe, disallow, outlaw, make illegal, embargo, bar, debar, block, stop, suppress, interdict; More

noun
  1. 1.
    an official or legal prohibition.
    "a proposed ban on cigarette advertising"
    synonyms: prohibition, veto, proscription, embargo, bar, suppression, stoppage, interdict, interdiction, moratorium, injunction
    "a ban on soliciting"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    a curse.

`
`

There is nothing in the definition of ban that says you have to get fined or go to jail. However there are two words that say block and suppress to define a ban. See what happens when you play semantics and you arent bright enough to know what you are talking about?

ban1
ban/
verb
  1. 1.
    synonyms: prohibit, forbid, veto, proscribe, disallow, outlaw, make illegal, embargo, bar, debar, block, stop, suppress, interdict; More
noun
  1. 1.
    synonyms: prohibition, veto, proscription, embargo, bar, suppression, stoppage, interdict, interdiction, moratorium, injunction
    "a ban on soliciting"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    a curse.

Learn to read tree gibbon. It says words like "prohibit" and "stoppage".

Can you name one gay wedding at a church that was stopped by the state?

No, you can't.

`
`

ban1
ban/
verb
  1. 1.
noun
  1. 1.
    "a ban on soliciting"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    a curse.

No, you can't.
Yeah but it also says block or suppress which is exactly what not legally recognizing a marriage does. Next time you want to play semantics it may be wise to look at the definition of the word youre playing with. You must be really embarrassed you didnt know what you were talking about.

`
`

ban1
ban/
verb
  1. 1.
noun
  1. 1.
    "a ban on soliciting"
  2. 2.
    archaic
    a curse.

No, you can't.
Yeah but it also says block or suppress which is exactly what not legally recognizing a marriage does. Next time you want to play semantics it may be wise to look at the definition of the word youre playing with. You must be really embarrassed you didnt know what you were talking about.

It didn't block or suppress gay marriages.

None of you can show one law that bans gay marriage at churches, much less any marriage stopped by the state.

The entire "legalize gay marriage" issue is only about forcing everyone to recognize queer marriages, and treating queers the same as normal couple in legal proceedings such as adoption. It's all about giving queers access to children.

`
This proves the old saying; "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Maybe someone else can explain it better to you than I did.

`
He's caught up in his own interpretation of things. Amusing, but not worth spending anymore of my time with.

`
He's caught up in his own interpretation of things. Amusing, but not worth spending anymore of my time with.

All your google searching couldn't find one oppressed gay couple in jail?

:bye1:

By the way, how are gay marriages going in Africa?

If you want to know what a gay marriage ban actually looks like, look to Africa:
Nigeria: Couple on the run as 53 arrested at 'gay wedding' - MambaOnline - Gay South Africa online

Jail term for Malawi gay couple

I guess Asclepias doesn't want to talk about African oppression and bigotry of gays.
A lot of the hate is driven by weirdo US preachers.

Monica Pinnock
Steven Anderson
Scot Lively

They are interested in Africa because their battle is lost in the US.

These attacks that you are enjoying can be laid at their door.

By the way, how are gay marriages going in Africa?

If you want to know what a gay marriage ban actually looks like, look to Africa:
Nigeria: Couple on the run as 53 arrested at 'gay wedding' - MambaOnline - Gay South Africa online

Jail term for Malawi gay couple

I guess Asclepias doesn't want to talk about African oppression and bigotry of gays.
A lot of the hate is driven by weirdo US preachers.

Monica Pinnock
Steven Anderson
Scot Lively

They are interested in Africa because their battle is lost in the US.

These attacks that you are enjoying can be laid at their door.

Attacks by Muslims on gays is the fault of US preachers?

To be honest, I see Calvinism, in extremis, as being being the guiding force behind most of the Evangelical, Baptist and Fundamentalist sects.
This kind of combination spawns moral self-righteousness to a very dangerous level.
You're a piece of work!

Calvinism spawns self righteousness and is dangerous...

Calvinism, a set of core beliefs,
with God alone, as the foundation to build upon,
His Word, the blueprints, from which to build
and The Son and Holy Spirit, the brick and mortar
which became the structure on His foundation

No darling, the Catholic Church
is dangerously self righteous!
For their core beliefs center on self,
on traditions and on rituals.

The doctrine of the Catholic religion
place themselves above God,
and Christ crucified as insufficient.

According to Catholic doctrine,
Gods Word is unreliable and incomplete
and the death and resurrection of His Son, was not enough

Salvation is not a free gift from God,
nor, was made possible by the Sacrifice...
salvation is earned and determined by men
That's my opinion at least
I've told you...
opinions are like assholes, everybody has one

`
He's caught up in his own interpretation of things.
ROFLMMFAO
The pot calling the kettle black, no surprise there!
Amusing, but not worth spending anymore of my time with.
ROFLMMFAO

Exactly why I stated what I did in my first post here!

I don't know why you started this thread,
because you have clearly demonstrated,
you are incapable of discussing religion,
when you are being challenged or called out.

Grow up

Forum List

Back