Debate Now White Privilege and an Institution of Racism

Re racism, check all that you believe to be mostly true:

• 1. Persistent racism makes it necessary for black people to be a protected class.

• 2. Affirmative action and government programs to help black people are necessary to correct past wr

• 3. Politically correct language used by white people is necessary for e well being of black peopl

• 4. Black people are unable to achieve equality without government anti-racism programs.

• 5. Constant focus on racism works to keep racism alive and well.

• 6. Allowing a color blind society is the best way to make racism a non issue.

• 7. The war against racism as an institution has been won and we need to stop fighting it.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since we are all pulling numbers and facts out of our asses here, let me offer some.

I owe 90% of my success in life to the fact that I:

was born the son of a two blue collar white Americans who had benefitted from the booming US economy of the 50's and 60's ( and the GI bill ).

was raised in a place that was safe, stable and upwardly mobile.

was EXPECTED to graduate HS and attend college.

never went a single day ( shit....a single hour, perhaps ) without nourishment.

had access to exceptional health care from day one.

in a society that placed no limits ( legal or cultural ) on me due to the color of my skin or my gender.

Yes. I was born on second base, if you will. I'm a lucky dude. Lots of people......a high percentage of which are black....just ain't so lucky.

Get that through your thick skulls.....and we might turn this bullshit "debate" into something meaningful.

Understood ... But what did you do to make the blacks unlucky?

We don't really care if you feel guilty for what your parents were gracious enough to give you .
We don't really care if you believe you would be incapable of succeeding in life without what they gave you.

We want to know what it is you did to make things worse for blacks.

Because to tell you the truth ... Being white does not guarantee you 3 square meals, the lack of hardships or a green light to success.
Perhaps your life has just been too soft and you have been too coddled to grasp the difference.

I don't feel guilty. I feel fortunate.

You should feel guilty for lying earlier. Do you?

I would feel guilty had I lied about anything. But I haven't so I don't.

Was I talking to you? Geez!

Since we are all pulling numbers and facts out of our asses here, let me offer some.

was born the son of a two blue collar white Americans who had benefitted from the booming US economy of the 50's and 60's ( and the GI bill ).

in a society that placed no limits ( legal or cultural ) on me due to the color of my skin or my gender.

Yes. I was born on second base, if you will. I'm a lucky dude. Lots of people......a high percentage of which are black....just ain't so lucky.

Get that through your thick skulls.....and we might turn this bullshit "debate" into something meaningful.

Should you feel guilty because you were so lucky? Should others resent it that you were so lucky? Does it harm anybody else that you enjoyed good fortune? Should others resent you and blame you because you were born lucky and they were born less lucky? Is it your fault?

That too is in McWhorter's thesis. The less lucky can spend their whole lives feeling cheated that they were born less lucky than other people. In which case they will remain angry and resentful and unlucky their whole lives. And white people subjected to 'White Privilege" sensitivity training will reinforce them in being that way.

Or they can do what they need to do in order to become more 'lucky'.

None of that. Especially not guilt. I just recognize it. And know that others don't necessarily start out in the same place. I think they should. It's that simple.

Well my husband and I started out with absolutely nothing. We were $21 overdrawn at the bank and in debt on our wedding day, and neither of our parents were in a position to help us at all. And we did not feel the least bit disadvantaged or that we had any strikes against us. It wasn't anybody else's fault and we didn't blame a soul. We accepted the hand we were dealt and dug in and did what we had to do to become prosperous.

We saw to it that our children were not in that situation when they started out as adults--they had considerably more advantages than we did from Day #1--but they also had to educate themselves, do their time in the McJobs or whatever, and earn what they have.

And neither we nor they harmed a single other person, black or white, in doing what we had to do to prosper ourselves. Nor did any of us have a single thing to do with those less fortunate than we are.

So whose responsibility is it to see that everybody starts out the same as you?

Then thank your parents for what they gave you and don't suggest that success comes from the color of your skin ... Because it doesn't.
As far as the lying part ... I don't have a clue what you are talking about, and I am pretty sure you don't either.

Then thank your parents for what they gave you and don't suggest that success comes from the color of your skin ... Because it doesn't.
As far as the lying part ... I don't have a clue what you are talking about, and I am pretty sure you don't either.

This lie:

Debate Now - White Privilege and an Institution of Racism Page 24 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Success does not come from the color of my skin. It comes EASIER, though. Accept that. Have a little fûcking empathy for those who are less FORTUNATE.

Should you feel guilty because you were so lucky? Should others resent it that you were so lucky? Does it harm anybody else that you enjoyed good fortune? Should others resent you and blame you because you were born lucky and they were born less lucky? Is it your fault?

That too is in McWhorter's thesis. The less lucky can spend their whole lives feeling cheated that they were born less lucky than other people. In which case they will remain angry and resentful and unlucky their whole lives. And white people subjected to 'White Privilege" sensitivity training will reinforce them in being that way.

None of that. Especially not guilt. I just recognize it. And know that others don't necessarily start out in the same place. I think they should. It's that simple.

Well my husband and I started out with absolutely nothing. We were $21 overdrawn at the bank and in debt on our wedding day, and neither of our parents were in a position to help us at all. And we did not feel the least bit disadvantaged or that we had any strikes against us. It wasn't anybody else's fault and we didn't blame a soul. We accepted the hand we were dealt and dug in and did what we had to do to become prosperous.

We saw to it that our children were not in that situation when they started out as adults--they had considerably more advantages than we did from Day #1--but they also had to educate themselves, do their time in the McJobs or whatever, and earn what they have.

And neither we nor they harmed a single other person, black or white, in doing what we had to do to prosper ourselves. Nor did any of us have a single thing to do with those less fortunate than we are.

Oh wow! You are awesome! An American success story! You rock !

This lie:

Debate Now - White Privilege and an Institution of Racism Page 24 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Success does not come from the color of my skin. It comes EASIER, though. Accept that. Have a little fûcking empathy for those who are less FORTUNATE.

Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative ... But that doesn't speak to the validity at all.
Perhaps if you lived in a closer community, or had a better understanding of the resources available, you would better be equipped to handle the truth.

It isn't easier to achieve because of the color of your skin ... And even if it was, there is nothing you can correct if you are not doing anything wrong.
Whatever disadvantages we all face have causes ... And if you are not the cause then it is not your fault.

We should have equal protection under the law and the equal responsibility for our own welfare and desire to succeed.
I already stated that nothing is fair in life ... And it would only be a fairytale to believe you could make it that way.

This lie:

Sorry if it doesn't fit your narrative ... But that doesn't speak to the validity at all.
Perhaps if you lived in a closer community, or had a better understanding of the resources available, you would better be equipped to handle the truth.

It isn't easier to achieve because of the color of your skin ... And even it was, there is nothing you can correct if you are not doing anything wrong.
Whatever disadvantages we all face have causes ... And if you are not the cause then it is not your fault.

We should have equal protection under the law and the equal responsibility for our own welfare and desire to succeed.
I already stated that nothing is fair in life ... And it would only be a fairytale to believe you could make it that way.

Nutters rarely admit to dishonesty. It's a personality trait.

Nutters rarely admit to dishonesty. It's a personality trait.

Moonbats rely on false accusations to avoid the subject.

It still doesn't change the fact that to progress and heal as far as race relations are concerned ... Continuing down the same path won't get us anywhere.

Last edited:

At least my husband and I did succeed on our own merit and effort. Can we assume that you did not? That you have been provided with everything you have? You didn't have to do anything for it?

Do you feel guilty that you had more than the black person who started out with less? If not, then how do you propose to fix the problem that he had less? For that matter you seem to suggest you had a hell of lot more going for you as a kid than I did. Do you owe me something?

Which of us has the greater responsibility to the poor kid who is starting out poor? What do you expect to do in order for him to have the same advantages you had?

If you were black you would more than likely have ended up in jail.

At least my husband and I did succeed on our own merit and effort. Can we assume that you did not? That you have been provided with everything you have? You didn't have to do anything for it?

Do you feel guilty that you had more than the black person who started out with less? If not, then how do you propose to fix the problem that he had less? For that matter you seem to suggest you had a hell of lot more going for you as a kid than I did. Do you owe me something?

Which of us has the greater responsibility to the poor kid who is starting out poor? What do you expect to do in order for him to have the same advantages you had?

I already told you that I do not feel guilty. I'm growing weary of you playing games here. You might try being a little more genuine in your debate nirvana.

I'm going to guess that when you and your hubby were broke.....and decided to marry.......that you had already received degrees. Is that correct? How did that happen if you had no money and had parents with no money? Was it magic? Were you so brilliant that the degrees were free?

The arrogance of some people who cannot empathize with people for whom a college education is a distant dream.....makes me want to puke.

If you were black you would more than likely have ended up in jail.

In jail for what?

Think.

I have thought ... And the only thing I could come up with was the fact they were overdrawn.

But then again ... Banks and lending institutions aren't in the business of sending people to jail ... They would prefer to get their money.
All you have to do is give them a call and make payment arrangements if necessary.

Silver spoon folks might not know that though.

I already told you that I do not feel guilty. I'm growing weary of you playing games here. You might try being a little more genuine in your debate nirvana.

I'm going to guess that when you and your hubby were broke.....and decided to marry.......that you had already received degrees. Is that correct? How did that happen if you had no money and had parents with no money? Was it magic? Were you so brilliant that the degrees were free?

The arrogance of some people who cannot empathize with people for whom a college education is a distant dream.....makes me want to puke.

We married young and neither of us had degrees. What college we did have we worked for and paid all tuition, fees, room and board ourselves. Our parents did not help in any way--his parents thought college was a waste of time and mine did not deem it necessary enough for them to invest in. Same story for what education we have acquired since then too. And none of it has been free and there was no government assistance and no college loans.

If you knew anything about us at all, you would know how your implication that we are unempathetic to the poor, let along unempathetic out of arrogance is so off base it is laughable. All four of us (including our two kids) have and currently engage in avocations in hands on and up close and person help for those less fortunate. A good deal of my vocation over my lifetime has also involved that.

So again are you doing anything to help the poor? What do you think everybody should be doing to help poor black people?

Would you believe that is actually what this thread is about?

Dude; did you know that Jim Crow did not end until 1965. Thanks for sharing your, affirmative action story,

I have spent my entire career working with those less fortunate. So did my wife. We worked are way through Graduate School and paid ever penny of it.

I love folks who lecture on social responsibility and have never worked in the trenches to help anyone.

The term used to be limousine liberals. Not sure what it is now. :(

We married young and neither of us had degrees. What college we did have we worked for and paid all tuition, fees, room and board ourselves. Our parents did not help in any way--his parents thought college was a waste of time and mine did not deem it necessary enough for them to invest in. Same story for what education we have acquired since then too. And none of it has been free and there was no government assistance and no college loans.

If you knew anything about us at all, you would know how your implication that we are unempathetic to the poor, let along unempathetic out of arrogance is so off base it is laughable. All four of us (including our two kids) have and currently engage in avocations in hands on and up close and person help for those less fortunate. A good deal of my vocation over my lifetime has also involved that.

So again are you doing anything to help the poor? What do you think everybody should be doing to help poor black people?

Would you believe that is actually what this thread is about?

Of course! You are awesome. I've never met a conservative who didn't do everything for themselves. It's amazIng!

I don't believe you. It's a nice story, though.

I have spent my entire career working with those less fortunate. So did my wife. We worked are way through Graduate School and paid ever penny of it.

I love folks who lecture on social responsibility and have never worked in the trenches to help anyone.

The term used to be limousine liberals. Not sure what it is now. :(

Yes.....yes.....you had no advantages. Awesome conservative. Just awesome.

Forum List

Back