Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, fond memories. The Islamic gee-had runs on cash (delivered in suitcases). Remarkable how 1,400 years of religiously based hate and acrimony can temporarily vanish with delivery of suitcases full of cash.View attachment 437109

Senior Hamas official Mahmoud Al-Zahar shared a memory from his first meeting with Qasem Soleimani, on Al-Alam TV (Iran) on December 27, 2020. He said that following his first meeting with IRGC Qods Force commander Soleimani, Al-Zahar, who was the Hamas Foreign Minister at the time, and his companions were supplied with suitcases filled with 22 million dollars in cash as aid, to take back on the plane. He said that each suitcase weighed 40 kg.

Hamas didn't exist before the 1980s and was founded by Israel.. Sabeel tried to stop it.
Hamas is the child gee-had group of the Muslim Brotherhood. To suggest that Israel founded Hamas is a bit of a stretch.

Israel has admited it and regrets what
Ah, fond memories. The Islamic gee-had runs on cash (delivered in suitcases). Remarkable how 1,400 years of religiously based hate and acrimony can temporarily vanish with delivery of suitcases full of cash.View attachment 437109

Senior Hamas official Mahmoud Al-Zahar shared a memory from his first meeting with Qasem Soleimani, on Al-Alam TV (Iran) on December 27, 2020. He said that following his first meeting with IRGC Qods Force commander Soleimani, Al-Zahar, who was the Hamas Foreign Minister at the time, and his companions were supplied with suitcases filled with 22 million dollars in cash as aid, to take back on the plane. He said that each suitcase weighed 40 kg.

Hamas didn't exist before the 1980s and was founded by Israel.. Sabeel tried to stop it.
Hamas is the child gee-had group of the Muslim Brotherhood. To suggest that Israel founded Hamas is a bit of a stretch.

I have read similar articles before. I think what is hoped to be represented is that Israel actively participated, aided and abetted the formation of Hamas.

I think that is a manipulation of the events as your link defines, “with a charter now infamous for its anti-Semitism and its refusal to accept the existence of the Israeli state.”

I have read similar articles before. I think what is hoped to be represented is that Israel actively participated, aided and abetted the formation of Hamas.

I think that is a manipulation of the events as your link defines, “with a charter now infamous for its anti-Semitism and its refusal to accept the existence of the Israeli state.”

Hamas signed on the Saudi Peace Initiative in 2002 guaranteeing Israel's security.

The Myth Of Palestinian Arab Refugees Exposed

What a fruitcake. Why refugees leave is irrelevant.

Villagers attacked Israel while in their own villages.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::290968001256257790-final:

Why 'refugees' (I believe you mean pre-refugees or 'refugees to be named a later date' or 'refugees to be named after the Arab armies told the, 'shoo, so we can begin our Jew killing') is certainly relevant.

When you whine about 'their villages', it's important to be accurate and identify that land occupied by Arabs-Moslems was formerly Turkish controlled territory. The Turks released all rights and title to the British Mandatory.

We further know that majority landowners under the Ottoman Turks were absentee landowners from Egypt, Syria and Lebanon.

How do we know this? Well, the Turkish government released Ottoman land records.

Even before 1917, Jewish and Zionist institutions had purchased large tracts of land in Palestine from absentee landlords, who lived mainly in Syria and Lebanon. These landlords had previously leased their property to local farmers, but were happy to sell it for the right price, without giving a thought to their tenant farmers. Nevertheless, Palestinians view these sales as more legitimate than those that took place during the British occupation that began in 1917.

Under Ottoman rule, a substantial portion of the land in Palestine was registered as state land. Some of this land was later sold or transferred to pre-state Jewish institutions. Other portions belonged to the Muslim waqf (religious trust), and these, according to Islamic law, cannot be sold. However, there was no orderly registration process; ownership was determined primarily using records such as tax payments.

The Ottoman Empire had a land rights system. Those rights could be bought, sold, or inherited.

Nobody in Israel owns any land. It is all leased. Does that mean they have no rights?

Nobody in Israel owns any land. It is all leased.

Interesting. Does anyone in Palestine own any land?

Yes. Palestinians own land.

In the imaginary ‘country of Pally’land”?

Have you ever been to Palestine or the Levant?

I’m not clear on what you mean by “Palestine”. I have not been to either Gaza or the West Bank.

I mean Palestine as in the maps in every Bible before 1948. Back when they had their own stamps and currency.

July 1920

I’m not clear on any land maps in the Bible. I do know that the loosely defined land area you call “Palestine” existed as a Sanjak of the Ottoman Empire for some 800 years. The Ottoman Turks did not recognize a unique geographic area called “Palestine”.

Palestine has been on maps as a province of Syria since 500 BC.

There was no such independent administrative area recognized under Ottoman rule. I agree there were variously, loosely defined definitions of a geographic area called “Palestine” at various times in history.

Administrative divisions of the Ottoman Empire - Wikipedia
The administrative divisions of the Ottoman Empire were administrative divisions of the state organisation of the Ottoman Empire.Outside this system were various types of vassal and tributary states.. The Ottoman Empire was first subdivided into provinces, in the sense of fixed territorial units with governors appointed by the sultan, in the late 14th century.

Yes. No Ottoman administrative area called “Palestine”.

Hamas signed on the Saudi Peace Initiative in 2002 guaranteeing Israel's security.
The Hamas charter contradicts that. When did the Saudi Peace Initiative become a binding agreement?

The Hamas charter contradicts that. When did the Saudi Peace Initiative become a binding agreement?

All the arab states signed on for it. ariel Sharon mocked it. Israel just wants more and more land.

All the arab states signed on for it. ariel Sharon mocked it. Israel just wants more and more land.
So we can agree it was never a binding agreement?

Yes, the Israelis rejected it.

I’m not surprised. The Arab plan was little more than a paragraph outlining a list of demands. Were the Israelis expected to trust in the good will and benevolence of Hamas and Arab nations sworn to Israel’s destruction?

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ et al,

BLUF: Don't confuse "land ownership"
(a personal property concept) with that of a "state or country" (a territorial sovereignty concept). They are nowhere near equivalent and often lead to confusion. I own my house and the property it sits on. My property is also located inside the sovereign territory of the United State. BUT, the US Government does not own my personal property.

NOTE: Just as a sidebar, the City I live in has an "permanent easement" at the rear of my house (the alleyway). And there are several public utility easements as well. None of this represents ownership by federal, state or local government. Yet, my property has a direct relationship with these agency levels of government. Some of you are saying about now, that you already know all this. Yet in the discussion I see some drawing a direct correlation between the territorial sovereignty and personal property, as if Arab ownership plays some part in determining sovereignty.

(HYPOTHETICAL)

If the United States sells the State of Ohio to Canada, and Ohio became a part of the Province of Ottowa, I would still own my land. My nationality would change, and the territorial sovereignty would change. I would also share a common sovereign in the person of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. But none of that effects personal property ownership.

(COMMENT)

All this history is part of a great discussion and a learning tool for me. But → no matter what is true of these various claims and what is untrue in these various claims does not in any way affect the ground truth of today's situation concerning Israel and the status of the adjacent territory
(West Bank, Jerusalem, Gaza Strip).

◈ I think that no matter what happens, the Gaza Strip will not become a part of Israel.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the internal subdivisions of Jerusalem may alter somewhat.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the Capitol of Israel will remain in the Western portion of Jerusalem (Government Plaza).
◈ I think that significant changes, for the betterment of the people of the West Bank, will not happen until the Arab Palestinians themselves change their paradigm. They have to become reliant on peaceful negotiations offered in good faith.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the attitude between the Israelis and the Arab Palestinians will take several generations to change do to the indoctrination of the children, in part → facilitated by the UNRWA.

Just My Thoughts.

SIGIL PAIR.png

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Who Are The Palestinians? Part 2
⁜→ et al,

BLUF: Don't confuse "land ownership"
(a personal property concept) with that of a "state or country" (a territorial sovereignty concept). They are nowhere near equivalent and often lead to confusion. I own my house and the property it sits on. My property is also located inside the sovereign territory of the United State. BUT, the US Government does not own my personal property.

NOTE: Just as a sidebar, the City I live in has an "permanent easement" at the rear of my house (the alleyway). And there are several public utility easements as well. None of this represents ownership by federal, state or local government. Yet, my property has a direct relationship with these agency levels of government. Some of you are saying about now, that you already know all this. Yet in the discussion I see some drawing a direct correlation between the territorial sovereignty and personal property, as if Arab ownership plays some part in determining sovereignty.

(HYPOTHETICAL)

If the United States sells the State of Ohio to Canada, and Ohio became a part of the Province of Ottowa, I would still own my land. My nationality would change, and the territorial sovereignty would change. I would also share a common sovereign in the person of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. But none of that effects personal property ownership.

(COMMENT)

All this history is part of a great discussion and a learning tool for me. But → no matter what is true of these various claims and what is untrue in these various claims does not in any way affect the ground truth of today's situation concerning Israel and the status of the adjacent territory
(West Bank, Jerusalem, Gaza Strip).

◈ I think that no matter what happens, the Gaza Strip will not become a part of Israel.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the internal subdivisions of Jerusalem may alter somewhat.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the Capitol of Israel will remain in the Western portion of Jerusalem (Government Plaza).
◈ I think that significant changes, for the betterment of the people of the West Bank, will not happen until the Arab Palestinians themselves change their paradigm. They have to become reliant on peaceful negotiations offered in good faith.
◈ I think that no matter what happens, the attitude between the Israelis and the Arab Palestinians will take several generations to change do to the indoctrination of the children, in part → facilitated by the UNRWA.

Just My Thoughts.

SIGIL PAIR.png

Most Respectfully,
R
I think you reinforced an important concept. A geographic area given a name, even when supporting a population does not designate “statehood” as we describe sovereign nations.

I’m not surprised. The Arab plan was little more than a paragraph outlining a list of demands. Were the Israelis expected to trust in the good will and benevolence of Hamas and Arab nations sworn to Israel’s destruction?

It was a huge capitulation by the arabs. It guaranteed Israel's security, trade, recognition and diplomatic relations.

King abdullah also ordered a study to reopen Tapline with a spur to Haifa to provide cheap gas to Israel.

I own my house and the property it sits on. My property is also located inside the sovereign territory of the United State. BUT, the US Government does not own my personal property.
Good point. Private ownership of land does not remove that land from the country. It is said that Jews bought land in Palestine. That did not remove that land from Palestine. It was still Palestinian land.

I own my house and the property it sits on. My property is also located inside the sovereign territory of the United State. BUT, the US Government does not own my personal property.
Good point. Private ownership of land does not remove that land from the country. It is said that Jews bought land in Palestine. That did not remove that land from Palestine. It was still Palestinian land.

The Jewish immigrants has bought only 6% of the land by 1948.

It was a huge capitulation by the arabs. It guaranteed Israel's security, trade, recognition and diplomatic relations.

King abdullah also ordered a study to reopen Tapline with a spur to Haifa to provide cheap gas to Israel.
I’m not so sure I would characterize the March 27, 2002 Pally attack as a capitulation. Additionally, the Saudi proposal included the elements of UN resolution 194. As you probably know, resolution 194 included verbiage about “..lrefugees wishing to return to their homes and live at peace with their neighbours”. The Hamas Charter was never rescinded so there was no real expectation that Hamas would honor any Saudi agreement.

False premise. There was never any “country of Pal’istan”. So there’s that.

When was there ever any “Pal’istanian land”. What, exactly, is Pal’istanian land?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back