Who will be better at getting America out of debt, Trump or Hillary?

US debt is $19 trillion, the largest in the world for a single country - we owe a ton of money to other nations

Who is better suited to getting our nation out of debt, or at least lower the amount substantially?
US_Public_Debt_Ceiling_1981-2010.png

Hillary Clinton would be, in fact she has talked often about the debt. Paul Ryan stated that had she won in 2008 instead of Obama, they would have already had this fiscal crisis fixed.
Paul Ryan Heaps Praise On Hillary: If She Were President, ‘We’d Have Fixed This Fiscal Mess By Now’

So she will work with Paul Ryan.

Trump is all about cash flow, and his business's are leveraged over the mountain.. He has claimed 4 bankruptcies, and has a horrible record. He doesn't give a rats ass about debt, he lives off of it. He suggested defaulting on our National debt, which would send the world markets crashing, which would wipe out our retirement funds, and we would all end up in bread lines.

Michael Bloomberg who is considerably wealthier than Donald Trump and can actually provide an income tax return to prove it, had this to say about Trump.

Here's a good article describing Trump's business practices.
Donald Trump’s business failings, explained

Last edited:
US debt is $19 trillion, the largest in the world for a single country - we owe a ton of money to other nations

Who is better suited to getting our nation out of debt, or at least lower the amount substantially?

Hillary Clinton would be, in fact she has talked often about the debt. Paul Ryan stated that had she won in 2008 instead of Obama, they would have already had this fiscal crisis fixed.
Paul Ryan Heaps Praise On Hillary: If She Were President, ‘We’d Have Fixed This Fiscal Mess By Now’

Trump is all about cash flow, and his business's are leveraged over the mountain.. He has claimed 4 bankruptcies, and has a horrible record. He doesn't give a rats ass about debt, he lives off of it. He suggested defaulting on our National debt, which would send the world markets crashing, which would wipe out our retirement funds, and we would all end up in bread lines.

Michael Bloomberg who is considerably wealthier than Donald Trump and can actually provide an income tax return to prove it, had this to say about Trump.

thats a great speech

Presidents seldom if ever "cause" recessions.

A Review Of Past Recessions

"So what do all these very different recessions have in common? For one, oil price, demand and supply sensitivity appear to be consistent and frequent historical precursors to U.S. recessions. A spike in oil prices has preceded nine out of 10 post-WWII recessions."

Agreed she will work with Paul Ryan

I think Trump has a better idea of how to spend money. Clinton never ran a hotdog stand in her life outside of her marriage.

Both are talking about spending, but a Republican Congress would stop both of them. However I think a Republican President will have an easier time working with Congress than Hillary.

We can't even discuss getting out of debt until we at least have a balanced budget. That will never happen with Hillary, it may happen with Trump.
Didn't Bill Clinton have a balanced budget? Maybe he could show her how he done it.

No, he didn't. The National Debt went up every year he was in office

I think Trump has a better idea of how to spend money. Clinton never ran a hotdog stand in her life outside of her marriage.

Both are talking about spending, but a Republican Congress would stop both of them. However I think a Republican President will have an easier time working with Congress than Hillary.

We can't even discuss getting out of debt until we at least have a balanced budget. That will never happen with Hillary, it may happen with Trump.
Didn't Bill Clinton have a balanced budget? Maybe he could show her how he done it.

really? Thought it stayed the same or decreased slightly

SO you are saying we should give up trying to bring jobs back to America?
No, not at all...not even sure how you may have thought so.
And, this wasn't about bringing jobs back here either.

Companies shouldn't have been allowed to close facilities here
and build new facilities overseas, in the first place.
Especially, because the only reason was, has been and is,
to lower costs and increase profits...show me the money, cha ching.

Furthermore, allowed to continue marketing their products here...
at a higher price, despite their lowered costs!

What we find ourselves facing today, as a society,
and where we are right now, as a country, as a nation,
are mearly slivers, of the ramifications yet to come,
for decisions based on the bottom line, instead of the bigger picture...

decisions made for some, yet affecting many
decisions made for all, yet benefiting few
decisions costing most, yet profiting the select...

decisions, which will be a plight upon future generations,
affecting all, benefiting none, yet, still profiting the select

excellent post my man

well said

yes he did!!

Nope

Nope

the national debt goes up every year, under every president ... HE isnt exclusive to the numbers game

Republicans pretty much suck ..

George W. Bush: Added $5.849 trillion, a 101% increase to the $5.8 trillion debt level at the end of Clinton's last budget, FY 2001.

• FY 2009 - $1.632 trillion. (Bush's deficit without the impact of the Economic Stimulus Act).
  • FY 2008 - $1.017 trillion.
  • FY 2007 - $501 billion.
  • FY 2006 - $574 billion.
  • FY 2005 - $554 billion.
  • FY 2004 - $596 billion.
  • FY 2003 - $555 billion.
  • FY 2002 - $421 billion.
Bill Clinton: Added $1.396 trillion, a 32% increase to the $4.4 trillion debt level at the end of Bush's last budget, FY 1993.

• FY 2001 - $133 billion.
  • FY 2000 - $18 billion.
  • FY 1999 - $130 billion.
  • FY 1998 - $113 billion.
  • FY 1997 - $188 billion.
  • FY 1996 - $251 billion.
  • FY 1995 - $281 billion.
  • FY 1994 - $281 billion.
George H.W. Bush: Added $1.554 trillion, a 54% increase in the $2.8 trillion debt level at the end of Reagan's last budget, FY 1989.

• FY 1993 - $347 billion.
  • FY 1992 - $399 billion.
  • FY 1991 - $432 billion.
  • FY 1990 - $376 billion.
Ronald Reagan: Added $1.86 trillion, 186% increase in the $998 billion debt level at the end of Carter's last budget, FY 1981. See Did Reaganomics Work?

• FY 1989 - $255 billion.
  • FY 1988 - $252 billion.
  • FY 1987 - $225 billion.
  • FY 1986 - $297 billion.
  • FY 1985 - $256 billion.
  • FY 1984 - $195 billion.
  • FY 1983 - $235 billion.
  • FY 1982 - $144 billion.
Jimmy Carter: Added $299 billion, a 43% increase in the $699 billion debt level at the end of Ford's last budget, FY 1977.

• FY 1981 - $90 billion.
  • FY 1980 - $81 billion.
  • FY 1979 - $55 billion.
  • FY 1978 - $73 billion.
Gerald Ford: Added $224 billion, a 47% increase in the $475 billion debt level at the end of Nixon's last budget, FY 1974.

• FY 1977 - $78 billion.
  • FY 1976 - $87 billion.
  • FY 1975 - $58 billion.
Richard Nixon: Added $121 billion, a 34% increase in the $354 billion debt level at the end of LBJ's last budget, FY 1969.

• FY 1974 - $17 billion.
  • FY 1973 - $31 billion.
  • FY 1972 - $29 billion.
  • FY 1971 - $27 billion.
  • FY 1970 - $17 billion.
Lyndon B. Johnson: Added $42 billion, a 13% increase in the $312 billion debt level at the end of JFK's last budget, FY 1964.

Fine with me.
An issue ONLY discussed by Sanders and Trump.

Trump would also tariff everything which would be a huge tax on everyone and slow the economy. Possibly start another great depression.
Nonsense...almost 99% of Americans make less then 25K/year.
The only people who will be hurt by a Trade War are those who live off their Portfolios.
The rest are too poor to buy most goods anyway.

It will hurt the poor and middle class the most. That 25/k a year will get them less. People buying less slows the economy..
I see you visit Walmarts all the time.
Poor people are already buying down to the bone; they won't be hurt too bad when the jobs come back.
I can't believe a Liberal is defending a perennial poverty lifestyle for almost all Americans.

I'm an independent. When sales decline and exports are killed off there will be fewer jobs and recession.

When has that ever worked? They don't pay our tariffs, we do. A threat to tax us will have no effect on other countries

It could. A tax on the products we buy from other countries may inspire consumers to buy American made products instead.

May? Most of them are not made here. Those that are have lots of imported parts. As the cost of imported parts and materials increases, US manufacturing will decrease even more. This is what always happens with tariffs. Get out of fantasy land.

Trump would also tariff everything which would be a huge tax on everyone and slow the economy. Possibly start another great depression.
The only people who will be hurt by a Trade War are those who live off their Portfolios.

It will hurt the poor and middle class the most. That 25/k a year will get them less. People buying less slows the economy..
Poor people are already buying down to the bone; they won't be hurt too bad when the jobs come back.
I can't believe a Liberal is defending a perennial poverty lifestyle for almost all Americans.

I'm an independent. When sales decline and exports are killed off there will be fewer jobs and recession.
Because our economy is so good and we have to maintain it.
Seriously, what site provides you with sound bites?

yeah our economy is great

It is history. Tariffs do not work and have never worked.

It is history. Tariffs do not work and have never worked.
agreed its history

I never found a regulation I didn't love.

When OSHA shows up they have nothing to do. My safety standards are far above OSHA standards, and the zero lost time in five years proves it works.
What's your point?

OSHA wasn't created to keep responsible business owners in check.

And, if you're a business owner, how is it that,
raising the min wage = higher prices, is foreign to you?

OSHA was created because there are bad guys.

By what amount would prices rise?

I'll ask you. What is the NET cost of a $10.00/hr employee vs a $15.00/hr employee?
That's why I stated, OSHA wasn't created for responsible employers.

Well, 3 hotdogs w fries went from $4.99 to $6.99

Pizza slices next store were $1.25, now a slice is $1.75

McDonalds took the double cheeseburger off the dollar menu,
replaced it w the mcdouble, same as a double cb, minus 1 slice cheese.
It's a double cb w 1 slice cheese instead of 2

Everything I buy has increased by a min of .20 cents.

The city forsaw this and warned businesses not to jack up prices,
otherwise they would face fines and whatnot...
What they did was start small, nickle on this, dime on that,
then, after the first phase of pay increases, it was on.

The company I was an asst. mgr for, during the first phase($8.25 to $10)
couldn't raise any prices so they cut hrs/shifts from part timers,
and had management filling the shift instead.

They cut stockers from 4 days a wk, to 2.
These kids were getting anywhere from 4-11hrs...16 if they were lucky.
During Xmas, we only hired 3 people, down from 7,
2 were let go after the holiday season.

I was full time, my hrs went from 37, to 32
When the part time asst. quit, she wasn't replaced.
Asst mgn staff went from 3, to 2.
They were taking 1 asst from the stores w 3,
and moved them to new stores.

Customers waited in line longer and in longer lines..
it wasn't unusual for customers to set down their items
and leave the store, on busy weekends.

Merchandise wasn't getting out, so, that's a loss for sales.
We were taking a hugh loss on food products being damaged out
because it had already expired, before even making it to the floor.

They would no longer allow full timers(which were only mgnmnt)
to use any of their 80 hrs of sick time unless they...
called off due to an illness and brought in a doctors note!
WTF...I'm not going to go to the doctor cuz I have a headache.

This company rakes in BILLIONS every year, just like Walmart.

They rather their stores look like shit, write off lost sales,
piss off regular customers and lose good help, for what!?

Sorry... I'm done babbling
Owners Aren't Earners

Those conceited parasites believe that their profit margins over labor costs are written in stone. They will eventually realize that they will go out of business with that attitude. They are only bluffing now, hoping that the rise in minimum wage will be reversed because of the unnecessary problems they intentionally cause in order to scare their employees and customers.

agreed

Forum List

Back