Who's to Blame: Big Government or Big Business?

Actually self serving assholes like you who try and redirect the topic are the reason I have such a bad opinion of USA education.
I have seen my secretaries fill out to (That would be TOO, moron) many W 4S (that would be W-4 forms) for both college grads as well as High school kids. Oh yes my businesses (your "businesses"? How many "businesses do you have/work for?) have hired and fired hundreds of people like you (extreme union fools, could never get a promotion without your union rep).
So lefty you fell for it and are to gullible to follow.

I think you're full of shit. Any business with your attitude would spend too much money and too much time in recruitment, training, discipline, terminations etc. to be successful. As for you, any business which hired you is desperate and likely ready to go under. Why would any self respecting secretary/clerk put up an illiterate like you?

Ex Cop who probably paid for his mortgage from drug bust money. Give me a break Cally Liberal. I can't even tell you how many retired cops we have fired. Go ahead grade me you moron. I have bought and sold many of you cops.

:eek:

Not too often that someone around here incriminates themselves but that one is a real doozy and definitely a keeper.

Attachments

• $USMB_RaceWrightPost159_201312270738_WhoIsToBlameThread.JPG
    $USMB_RaceWrightPost159_201312270738_WhoIsToBlameThread.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 12
On the History Channel the other night, they showed the election of 1896, and how Carnegie and Rockefeller threatened to send the country into economic collapse if William Bryan got elected. And how they used bribery and corruption to rig the election.
Bryan was running on the workers rights, and against the corporate take over of the country. In 120 years the republicans haven't changed one bit. But the electoral map sure has. Notice the red states and blue states have done a 180 degree flip flop.
http://www.270towin.com/1896_Election/

Last edited:
On the History Channel the other night, they showed the election of 1896, and how Carnegie and Rockefeller threatened to send the country into economic collapse if William Bryan got elected. And how they used bribery and corruption to rig the election.
Bryan was running on the workers rights, and against the corporate take over of the country. In 120 years the republicans haven't changed one bit. But the electoral map sure has. Notice the red states and blue states have done a 180 degree flip flop.
Presidential Election of 1896
"Progressivism" has also undergone a change in the last hundred years. Many of Bryan's "outsiders" held what would be described as corporatist views today.

"Economic issues including bimetallism, the gold standard, free silver, and the tariff, were crucial.

"Republican campaign manager Mark Hanna pioneered many modern campaign techniques, facilitated by a $3.5 million budget.

"He outspent Bryan by a factor of five.

"The Democratic Party's repudiation of the Bourbon Democrats (their pro-business wing, represented by incumbent President Grover Cleveland), set the stage for 16 years of Republican control of the White House, ended only by a Republican split in 1912 that resulted in the election of Democrat Woodrow Wilson.

"Although Bryan lost the election, his coalition of 'outsiders' would dominate the Democratic Party well into the twentieth century, and would play a crucial role in the liberal economic programs of Presidents Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Lyndon Johnson. McKinley did win, and his policies of promoting pluralism, industrial growth, and the gold standard determined national policies for two decades."

Presidential Election of 1896

Big Business and Big Government are now joined at the hip. The whole fucking system is rigged. I was a Marxist at 20 and an uber conservative at 40. Now?????

Found this site about a year ago and swear by it.......its not pro-anything. Bashes Bush AND Obama equally.

Washington's Blog | Business, Investing, Economy, Politics, World News, Energy, Environment, Science, Technology Washington's Blog

The important thing is.....for the first time in my long life, I see Dems and GOP folks waking up to the reality that the middle class is getting royally fucked by big government and big business.

The big pushback is coming too..........but its gonna render the country a fucking Jonestown when it hits.
Skooks...why do you think that big pushback (which is surely coming) will require mass violence? (Have you been hitting that damn heavy bag again?) Anyone living in a state with ballots that include candidates from already established third parties running for congress can send the US rich in business and government a message they haven't heard since Tom Paine died. Should the rich see this coming and flood the polls from Cook County to Dade County with honest-to-god certifiable voter fraud and set aside the results of the election, they put violence on the table.

Then...school's out.

WE cannot solve the problem by holding elections, that's bloody obvious.

Merely cleaning out government will not work because the LAWS are already too perverse and anti-democratic to truly change the dynamic.

But if you truly want to know who the villians are?

FOLLOW THE MONEY/

I can assure you, not matter how much you hate poor people they are NOT in charge of anything that is hurting YOU.

They are merely the most obvious victims of the steady and slow eviseration of our economy by the MASTERS OF MONEY

Regardless of the volume, it's whomever gets the plurality of votes that wins most elections. If the poor were to get out and vote, they'd be the greatest, most powerful voting block this nation has ever seen. Yet few vote.

If you want a great place to study go to any PTA meeting in a poor neighborhood. You and the teachers will be the only ones there. Right up until the State wants to close the school district or merge it with a district where the parents pay 1/2 assed attention. Then you see vocal involvement and engagement.

I heard the same non-sense from Ron Paul supporters last year during the primaries...if you get more votes, your guy will win. Nobody is rigging anything.

I think you need to look a little closer at North Carolina about rigging ... if they get their way there, they meaning the republicans, then this country is fucked ....
Elaborate.

Few are that busy. Those that are need to have their voices heard even more so they can find relief from the 3 jobs. As for special voters ID...puh-leeze. I'm likely the most liberal person on this board and I'm here to tell you that any liberal that says it infringes on their rights or they are too busy to get an ID is selling you a bill of goods. As long as there is no poll tax or literacy test or any other uncommon hardships involved, we should have photo-voter-ID cards mandatory to cast a vote.

hell, one would thing a drivers license would work ... but the republicans want a special voters ID ... that makes it not only a hard ship on the poor and the elderly ... many don't have a way to get there easily ... so they don't vote ... don't you pay attention what the republicans are trying to do???
I'm unfamiliar with anywhere that a drivers license isn't accepted as valid ID to vote.

it has nothing to do with stopping Illegals from voting it has every thing to do with getting people who don't support the republicans to not vote

If any political party is dependent upon persons who can't muster the chutzpa to register to vote...they deserve to lose. Bigtime.

August 12, 2013: North Carolina's governor signed a major elections reform package. It includes strict photo voter ID as well as changes to early voting, same-day registration and pre-registration.

March 25, 2013: Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe vetoed SB 2, which would have amended the state's voter ID law to be of the strict photo ID variety. The General Assembly only needs a simple majority to override a veto though, so stay tuned to what's happening in Arkansas. And in Virginia, Governor Bob McDonnell has signed two voter ID bills. SB 1256 eliminates all non-photo IDs, moving Virginia into the strict photo ID column, and requires the State Board of Elections to provide free photo IDs for voting purposes. Its effective date is July 1, 2014. HB 1337 also eliminates non-photo IDs, and harmonizes the ID requirements for state and federal elections.

States that Request or Require Photo ID
States that Require ID (Photo Not Required)
Strict Photo ID
In effect:
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Tennessee
Texas

Not yet in effect:

Arkansas (9)
*Mississippi (6)
*North Carolina
*Pennsylvania (7)
Virginia (8)
*Wisconsin (2)
Photo ID
In effect:
Florida
Hawaii
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
New Hampshire
South Dakota

Not yet in effect:
**Alabama (1)
Legislation has been introduced in at least 30 states; this includes new voter ID proposals in 12 states, proposals to strengthen existing photo ID laws in seven states and other changes to existing photo ID laws in 11 states. View a summary of these bills.
2012 Legislative Action
Voter ID continued to be a high-profile issue in many state legislatures last year, with legislation introduced in 32 states. That includes new voter ID proposals in 14 states, proposals to strengthen existing voter ID laws in ten states, and bills in nine states to amend the new voter ID laws passed in 2011. New voter ID laws were passed in four states -- Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Minnesota's law required voter approval in November 2012, however, which it did not receive. Learn more about voter ID legislation introduced in 2012.
2011 Legislative Action
Voter ID was the hottest topic of legislation in the field of elections in 2011, with legislation introduced in 34 states. There were just three states--Oregon, Vermont and Wyoming--that didn't have a voter ID law and didn't consider voter ID legislation that year. The voter ID legislation under consideration fell into two general categories: proposals for new voter ID laws in states that didn't already require voter ID at the polls (considered in 20 states), and proposals to strengthen existing voter ID requirements in order to require photo ID at the polls (considered in 14 states). Learn more about voter ID legislation introduced in 2011.

2003-2012 Legislative Action
Voter ID has been a hot topic in state legislatures over the past decade. Since 2001, nearly 1,000 bills have been introduced in a total of 46 states. Twenty-four states have passed major legislation during the period 2003-2012 (not including gubernatorial vetoes in five states in 2011), and those bills are summarized in the timeline below.
2003: New voter ID laws were passed in Alabama, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota
2005: New voter ID laws were passed in Indiana, New Mexico and Washington; Georgia tightened an existing voter ID law to require photo ID
2006: New voter ID law passed in Ohio; Georgia passed a law providing for the issuance of voter ID cards at no cost to registered voters who do not have a driver's license or state-issued ID card; Missouri tightened an existing voter ID law to require photo ID
2008: New Mexico relaxed an existing voter ID law, and now allows a voter to satisfy the ID requirement by stating his/her name, address as registered, and year of birth
2009: New voter ID law passed in Utah
2010: New voter ID law passed in Idaho; Oklahoma voters approved a voter ID proposal placed on the ballot by the Legislature
2011: New voter ID laws passed in Kansas, Mississippi, Rhode Island and Wisconsin. Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas tightened existing voter ID laws to require photo ID (new laws in Texas and South Carolina are on hold pending USDOJ preclearance). Governors in Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire and North Carolina vetoed strict new photo ID laws in 2011.
2012: Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Virginia passed new voter ID laws. Voters ultimately rejected Minnesota's voter ID law however, and it will not take effect until 2016

you need to know what you're talking about before Inserting how much a liberal you are... because in my opinion, you're are no liberal

WE cannot solve the problem by holding elections, that's bloody obvious.

Merely cleaning out government will not work because the LAWS are already too perverse and anti-democratic to truly change the dynamic.

But if you truly want to know who the villians are?

FOLLOW THE MONEY/

I can assure you, not matter how much you hate poor people they are NOT in charge of anything that is hurting YOU.

They are merely the most obvious victims of the steady and slow eviseration of our economy by the MASTERS OF MONEY

Whats the old saying I hear from time to time? All that is necessary for evil to triumph over good is for good men to do nothing. I don't know the exact quote by Edmund Burke and I don't buy into it necessarily.

However, somewhere between 4 and 5 out of every 10 of us do nothing when it comes to selecting those who represent us. Those that show up decide for those that do not. That doesn't make them evil. Nor do those who are better off financially than others.

But those who want to elevate to being a "have" instead of a "have not" should study the habits of the "haves" and try to mimic them.

One thing you'll see almost instantly is that they had their road paved for them more than most. Put another way; where you end usually depends on where you start.

I think you need to look a little closer at North Carolina about rigging ... if they get their way there, they meaning the republicans, then this country is fucked ....
Elaborate.

Few are that busy. Those that are need to have their voices heard even more so they can find relief from the 3 jobs. As for special voters ID...puh-leeze. I'm likely the most liberal person on this board and I'm here to tell you that any liberal that says it infringes on their rights or they are too busy to get an ID is selling you a bill of goods. As long as there is no poll tax or literacy test or any other uncommon hardships involved, we should have photo-voter-ID cards mandatory to cast a vote.

I'm unfamiliar with anywhere that a drivers license isn't accepted as valid ID to vote.

it has nothing to do with stopping Illegals from voting it has every thing to do with getting people who don't support the republicans to not vote

If any political party is dependent upon persons who can't muster the chutzpa to register to vote...they deserve to lose. Bigtime.

August 12, 2013: North Carolina's governor signed a major elections reform package. It includes strict photo voter ID as well as changes to early voting, same-day registration and pre-registration.

March 25, 2013: Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe vetoed SB 2, which would have amended the state's voter ID law to be of the strict photo ID variety. The General Assembly only needs a simple majority to override a veto though, so stay tuned to what's happening in Arkansas. And in Virginia, Governor Bob McDonnell has signed two voter ID bills. SB 1256 eliminates all non-photo IDs, moving Virginia into the strict photo ID column, and requires the State Board of Elections to provide free photo IDs for voting purposes. Its effective date is July 1, 2014. HB 1337 also eliminates non-photo IDs, and harmonizes the ID requirements for state and federal elections.

Strict Photo ID
In effect:
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Tennessee
Texas

Not yet in effect:

Arkansas (9)
*Mississippi (6)
*North Carolina
*Pennsylvania (7)
Virginia (8)
*Wisconsin (2)
Photo ID
In effect:
Florida
Hawaii
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
New Hampshire
South Dakota

Not yet in effect:
**Alabama (1)
Legislation has been introduced in at least 30 states; this includes new voter ID proposals in 12 states, proposals to strengthen existing photo ID laws in seven states and other changes to existing photo ID laws in 11 states. View a summary of these bills.
2012 Legislative Action
Voter ID continued to be a high-profile issue in many state legislatures last year, with legislation introduced in 32 states. That includes new voter ID proposals in 14 states, proposals to strengthen existing voter ID laws in ten states, and bills in nine states to amend the new voter ID laws passed in 2011. New voter ID laws were passed in four states -- Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Minnesota's law required voter approval in November 2012, however, which it did not receive. Learn more about voter ID legislation introduced in 2012.
2011 Legislative Action
Voter ID was the hottest topic of legislation in the field of elections in 2011, with legislation introduced in 34 states. There were just three states--Oregon, Vermont and Wyoming--that didn't have a voter ID law and didn't consider voter ID legislation that year. The voter ID legislation under consideration fell into two general categories: proposals for new voter ID laws in states that didn't already require voter ID at the polls (considered in 20 states), and proposals to strengthen existing voter ID requirements in order to require photo ID at the polls (considered in 14 states). Learn more about voter ID legislation introduced in 2011.

Voter ID has been a hot topic in state legislatures over the past decade. Since 2001, nearly 1,000 bills have been introduced in a total of 46 states. Twenty-four states have passed major legislation during the period 2003-2012 (not including gubernatorial vetoes in five states in 2011), and those bills are summarized in the timeline below.
2003: New voter ID laws were passed in Alabama, Colorado, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota
2005: New voter ID laws were passed in Indiana, New Mexico and Washington; Georgia tightened an existing voter ID law to require photo ID
2006: New voter ID law passed in Ohio; Georgia passed a law providing for the issuance of voter ID cards at no cost to registered voters who do not have a driver's license or state-issued ID card; Missouri tightened an existing voter ID law to require photo ID
2008: New Mexico relaxed an existing voter ID law, and now allows a voter to satisfy the ID requirement by stating his/her name, address as registered, and year of birth
2010: New voter ID law passed in Idaho; Oklahoma voters approved a voter ID proposal placed on the ballot by the Legislature
2011: New voter ID laws passed in Kansas, Mississippi, Rhode Island and Wisconsin. Alabama, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas tightened existing voter ID laws to require photo ID (new laws in Texas and South Carolina are on hold pending USDOJ preclearance). Governors in Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire and North Carolina vetoed strict new photo ID laws in 2011.
2012: Minnesota, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Virginia passed new voter ID laws. Voters ultimately rejected Minnesota's voter ID law however, and it will not take effect until 2016

you need to know what you're talking about before Inserting how much a liberal you are... because in my opinion, you're are no liberal

Hear that everyone...I'm not a liberal!!!! :lol:

No, I just know the difference between liberalism and total surrender to every pissant sub-group that feels they are being picked on.

Requiring citizens to show an id to vote is hardly a conservative opinion. Why, if you're not going to insist that they are who they say they are, require voter registration at all?

Obama & the other "big government" despots are the reason our economy is not surging. Their legislation is crippling it further.
A complete separation of the Gov. & the economy will create massive prosperity for all.
Research the Austrian School of Economics, specifically Ludwig von Mises or "Economics In One Easy Lesson" by Henry Hazlitt. Remember, our Industrial Revolution was created & fueled with a much less intrusive government. Since then we've been on the decline with a gov. that has progressively gotten bigger in scope and size.

I was reading an article about John D Rockafeller ... when the government came in and broke up his monopolies, he said it would ruin him financially ... after his companies were broken up he made more money then he had ever dreamed of, he said ... government need to be more intrusive... right now sense ronald reagans time in office republican have deregulated more laws that protected the consumer and removed the laws that allowed companies to become monopolies ... and you feel this is good ...

In a FASCIST ECONOMIC SYSTEM big government and big business ARE THE SAME THING.

I'll let ya'll connect the dots.

Elaborate.

Strict Photo ID
In effect:
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Tennessee
Texas

Not yet in effect:

Arkansas (9)
*Mississippi (6)
*North Carolina
*Pennsylvania (7)
Virginia (8)
*Wisconsin (2)
Photo ID
In effect:
Florida
Hawaii
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
New Hampshire
South Dakota

Not yet in effect:
**Alabama (1)
2012 Legislative Action
2011 Legislative Action

No, I just know the difference between liberalism and total surrender to every pissant sub-group that feels they are being picked on.

Requiring citizens to show an id to vote is hardly a conservative opinion. Why, if you're not going to insist that they are who they say they are, require voter registration at all?

actually you're a condescending pompous ass, But I knew that ... none of these laws needed to be passed at all .... none of these states listed have had problems with voter fraud.... only republicans have problems with voters voting ... you see, they know if you make it easy for them to vote, then republicans won't get elected ... that's something that has happened to the republicans time and time again ...

Strict Photo ID
In effect:
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Tennessee
Texas

Not yet in effect:

Arkansas (9)
*Mississippi (6)
*North Carolina
*Pennsylvania (7)
Virginia (8)
*Wisconsin (2)
Photo ID
In effect:
Florida
Hawaii
Idaho
Louisiana
Michigan
New Hampshire
South Dakota

Not yet in effect:
**Alabama (1)
2012 Legislative Action
2011 Legislative Action

Requiring citizens to show an id to vote is hardly a conservative opinion. Why, if you're not going to insist on proof that they are who they say they are, require voter registration at all?[/QUOTE]

actually you're a condescending pompous ass, But I knew that ... none of these laws needed to be passed at all .... none of these states listed have had problems with voter fraud.... only republicans have problems with voters voting ... you see, they know if you make it easy for them to vote, then republicans won't get elected ... that's something that has happened to the republicans time and time again ...

And of course, as all liberals of your stripe; you side-step the question. As for being a condescending pompus ass, I debate in the manner in which I'm debated. Look in the mirror if you want to see what a condescending pompus ass is.

Now, kindly answer the question unless you're scared of having a debate.

I think you're full of shit. Any business with your attitude would spend too much money and too much time in recruitment, training, discipline, terminations etc. to be successful. As for you, any business which hired you is desperate and likely ready to go under. Why would any self respecting secretary/clerk put up an illiterate like you?

Ex Cop who probably paid for his mortgage from drug bust money. Give me a break Cally Liberal. I can't even tell you how many retired cops we have fired. Go ahead grade me you moron. I have bought and sold many of you cops.

Not too often that someone around here incriminates themselves but that one is a real doozy and definitely a keeper.

Ha,Ha lolololo social site fools --never been in the real world

Requiring citizens to show an id to vote is hardly a conservative opinion. Why, if you're not going to insist on proof that they are who they say they are, require voter registration at all?[/QUOTE]

And of course, as all liberals of your stripe; you side-step the question. As for being a condescending pompus ass, I debate in the manner in which I'm debated. Look in the mirror if you want to see what a condescending pompus ass is.

Now, kindly answer the question unless you're scared of having a debate.

tick tock billy boy.

The overwhelming majority of Americans agree voter i.d. is necessary and a good idea. To say it is strictly a Republican idea is complete bullshit. The people have spoken. They want a solid voter i.d. system.

In any investigation which generates a large amount of press, persons in desperate need for attention contact the agency and 'confess'. Most are lonely individuals who really don't have a life; in the current case I suspect racewright is full of shit. My best guess he is 15 years old, never had a date or a job, and is posting from the bedroom of his parents home.

The overwhelming majority of Americans agree voter i.d. is necessary and a good idea. To say it is strictly a Republican idea is complete bullshit. The people have spoken. They want a solid voter i.d. system.

Yes, but not an exclusionary one as is being enacted by so many GOP state legislatures. If the elderly don't have drivers licenses then their social security cards should suffice. Basically any government issued id should be allowed and that includes student ids. Photo ids from corporations that do background checks should also be allowed in my opinion. If it is good enough for the TSA and it matches to the voter role then it should be acceptable.

If that is true, why are Republican Governors changing the number of polling places and the hours and days they will be open? It's not only the voter ID requirement, which in and of themselves are convoluted (as to type, cost and ease to obtain) but the entire forest (it seems those who support the GOP see only a single tree).

Yes, but not an exclusionary one as is being enacted by so many GOP state legislatures. If the elderly don't have drivers licenses then their social security cards should suffice. Basically any government issued id should be allowed and that includes student ids. Photo ids from corporations that do background checks should also be allowed in my opinion. If it is good enough for the TSA and it matches to the voter role then it should be acceptable.

You Social Security card is not acceptable to the TSA. TSA regulations stipulate it must be a government issued ID with your picture on it. Corporate security badges are also therefore non-compliant.

Forum List

Back