Why are people against legalizing marijuana?

And it is especially stupid for someone who is struggling to make ends meet, like the OP stated. There are plenty of ways to relieve stress without spending money or doing dope. Also, prevents a person who is barely making ends meet from getting a better job in a lot of cases because most companies do drug testing.

I will say that I don't think it's fair that they do drug testing. A person can do an ounce of cocaine and sweat it out in 24-48 hours, but weed stays in your system for a long time. I don't think it's a company's business if you want to smoke it on your own time, but it's a black mark against you if you do.

You don't believe that an employer should be able to require that you be clean and sober on the job? Why?

That's the point. You can smoke marijuana once a month, and your drug test will come up positive, even when you are doing it on your own free time! Whereas, an alcoholic or a heroin addict will come up clean.

Marijuana is very slow to metabolize. Other much worse drugs are metabolized within hours or days.

So the heroin junky or the crack head can get the job, while the marijuana smoker cannot.

The subject is marijuana which permanently damages developing brains. Brains continue to develop until we are around 25 years old.
So too, do blows to the head. Yet youth sports flourish with parental approval.

How%20desperate%20are%20you-S.jpg

Yeah, lets see, sports teach teamwork, work ethic, leadership, along with dozens of other things that lead to great members of society.

Drugs, on the other hand, marijuana causes...
  • Difficulty thinking and problem solving.
  • Problems with memory and learning.
  • Impaired coordination.
  • Difficulty maintaining attention
  • Decline in school performance. Students who smoke marijuana may get lower grades and may more likely to drop out of high school than their peers who do not use.4
  • Increased risk of mental health issues. Marijuana use has been linked to a range of mental health problems in teens such as depression or anxiety.5 Psychosis has also been seen in teens at higher risk like those with a family history.6
  • Impaired driving. Driving while impaired by any substance, including marijuana, is dangerous. Marijuana negatively affects a number of skills required for safe driving, such as reaction time, coordination, and concentration.7, 8
  • Potential for addiction. Research shows that about 1 in 6 teens who repeatedly use marijuana can become addicted, which means that they may make unsuccessful efforts to quit using marijuana or may give up important activities with friends and family in favor of using marijuana.
What You Need to Know About Marijuana Use in Teens | Fact Sheets | Marijuana and Public Health | CDC
Was someone suggesting legalizing marijuana use amongst minors? I missed that post...

Apparently, you missed the part where our brains continue to develop through the age of twenty-five. Further, do you honestly believe the use of marijuana by kids does NOT increase substantially when the parents have it in the house? Really?
So... we should remove the age of voting, driving and majority as a whole till then? Is that what you’re saying? Help me out... Fuck a girl under 25 jail time? C’mon... How’s this play out in your world?

If it was up to me, voting, yes, 25.

What chemical effect does driving or voting have on brain development? Is this too complicated for you? Maybe you smoked too much as a kid?

Do these things ring a bell?
  • Impaired coordination.

Yeah, lets see, sports teach teamwork, work ethic, leadership, along with dozens of other things that lead to great members of society.

• Impaired coordination.
  • Decline in school performance. Students who smoke marijuana may get lower grades and may more likely to drop out of high school than their peers who do not use.4
  • Increased risk of mental health issues. Marijuana use has been linked to a range of mental health problems in teens such as depression or anxiety.5 Psychosis has also been seen in teens at higher risk like those with a family history.6
  • Impaired driving. Driving while impaired by any substance, including marijuana, is dangerous. Marijuana negatively affects a number of skills required for safe driving, such as reaction time, coordination, and concentration.7, 8
  • Potential for addiction. Research shows that about 1 in 6 teens who repeatedly use marijuana can become addicted, which means that they may make unsuccessful efforts to quit using marijuana or may give up important activities with friends and family in favor of using marijuana.
What You Need to Know About Marijuana Use in Teens | Fact Sheets | Marijuana and Public Health | CDC
Was someone suggesting legalizing marijuana use amongst minors? I missed that post...

Apparently, you missed the part where our brains continue to develop through the age of twenty-five. Further, do you honestly believe the use of marijuana by kids does NOT increase substantially when the parents have it in the house? Really?
So... we should remove the age of voting, driving and majority as a whole till then? Is that what you’re saying? Help me out... Fuck a girl under 25 jail time? C’mon... How’s this play out in your world?

What chemical effect does driving or voting have on brain development? Is this too complicated for you? Maybe you smoked too much as a kid?

• Impaired coordination.

Same as alcohol really. My dad never smoked anything. It was drinking alcohol that took his life, and it takes millions of lives every year.

• Impaired coordination.

• Impaired coordination.
Pick one age of majority..? What is it. Fuck your situational preferences. The world doesn’t spin on an axis of your preference. Pick an age when men are free, and stick with it. And... Live with it.
Unless... You’re not really a fan of “freedom”...

Well, since I don't think 18 is an adult and I don't feel you are an adult until you move out of your parents' home and are self sufficient, I think 25 is a good age for everything, drinking, smoking, fighting in wars, voting, etc.

Don't forget it is the 18-year-old voters who will be voting for Bernie Sanders mostly, and that is because they are selfish children.

Heroin isn't marijuana....pot is not even a gateway drug
Personally, I believe any drug can be a gateway drug.
Having said that, I also believe that people who can least afford it, buy it.....regardless if it's a state
that legalized it, or from Guido or Malcolm behind the gas station. I was a long time partaker of the hemp.
and had wished that it was legal. I've been away from it for a long long time, and see things differently now.
Moister! Hemp is legal. Marijuana is not hemp.

And it is especially stupid for someone who is struggling to make ends meet, like the OP stated. There are plenty of ways to relieve stress without spending money or doing dope. Also, prevents a person who is barely making ends meet from getting a better job in a lot of cases because most companies do drug testing.

I will say that I don't think it's fair that they do drug testing. A person can do an ounce of cocaine and sweat it out in 24-48 hours, but weed stays in your system for a long time. I don't think it's a company's business if you want to smoke it on your own time, but it's a black mark against you if you do.

You don't believe that an employer should be able to require that you be clean and sober on the job? Why?

That's the point. You can smoke marijuana once a month, and your drug test will come up positive, even when you are doing it on your own free time! Whereas, an alcoholic or a heroin addict will come up clean.

It seems simple, don't smoke marijuana if your job requires that you be clean and sober.

Heroin isn't marijuana....pot is not even a gateway drug
Personally, I believe any drug can be a gateway drug.
Having said that, I also believe that people who can least afford it, buy it.....regardless if it's a state
that legalized it, or from Guido or Malcolm behind the gas station. I was a long time partaker of the hemp.
and had wished that it was legal. I've been away from it for a long long time, and see things differently now.
Moister! Hemp is legal. Marijuana is not hemp.
Willow, back in the day, that is what we called it. Marijuana is not a pot, but we called it that, too.
Mother Nature was another term for it.

Well, since I don't think 18 is an adult and I don't feel you are an adult until you move out of your parents' home and are self sufficient, I think 25 is a good age for everything, drinking, smoking, fighting in wars, voting, etc.

Don't forget it is the 18-year-old voters who will be voting for Bernie Sanders mostly, and that is because they are selfish children.
So you'd leave the "procreation" of the species in the hands of minors? Hello extinction...

That's where you're mistaken... There is no need to push drugs. There is a willing market that freely desires them. Those who provide are merely meeting a demand that already exists...
The only ones really pushing drugs are Big Pharm with a variety of toxic, addictive sustances all available with just "speaking to your doctor to see if_____ is right for you."

Yet lets freak out about pot.

Doesn't make pot a good, healthy or a smart choice.
Doesn’t make marriage, unprotected sex with randos, or one night stands, a healthy, or smart choice either. Are we gonna outlaw those too?

Don't put words in my mouth! I never said to make it illegal. I said it is not a smart choice.
Freedom entails the ability to make choices for ones self that others might not approve of, or deem “smart”...
When your freedom harms others you no longer want freedom but license.

The only ones really pushing drugs are Big Pharm with a variety of toxic, addictive sustances all available with just "speaking to your doctor to see if_____ is right for you."

Yet lets freak out about pot.

Doesn’t make marriage, unprotected sex with randos, or one night stands, a healthy, or smart choice either. Are we gonna outlaw those too?

Don't put words in my mouth! I never said to make it illegal. I said it is not a smart choice.
Freedom entails the ability to make choices for ones self that others might not approve of, or deem “smart”...
Which doesn't describe individual consumption. And hurt feelings, or offended sensibilities dont count...

So you'd leave the "procreation" of the species in the hands of minors? Hello extinction...

What? :cuckoo:

Which doesn't describe individual consumption. And hurt feelings, or offended sensibilities dont count...
Hurt feelings and offended sensibilities don't count. Dead bodies and neglected children count.

Freedom also includes other peoples' rights to say how they feel about it, whether you like or agree with it or not.

Hurt feelings and offended sensibilities don't count. Dead bodies and neglected children count.
Neglected children is a parenting issue. Not a public consumption issue...

What? :cuckoo:
Its self explanatory if you understand human,(particularly female) biology...

Freedom also includes other peoples' rights to say how they feel about it, whether you like or agree with it or not.
Sure. Free to say it. But to impose your will, on the unwilling is another matter altogether.

Forum List

Back