Why Are Republicans So Relentlessly Cruel to the Poor?

The reason Republicans are so cruel to the poor is simple

They are beholden to the rich. The same rich who accumulate more and more wealth and pay smaller and smaller wages to the working class.

As those who are now struggling to raise a family complain about receiving less and less, the natural tendency would be to blame the rich who are receiving more and more

That is where the poor come in. Republicans point to the poor and say.....That is the reason you are struggling....the poor receive too much. They live in the lap of luxury while you toil away

We need to do something a lot the poor

no one is "cruel" to the so called poor in this country

Being cruel to a leftists means not wanting to give the money you earned to them.

They are beholden to the rich. The same rich who accumulate more and more wealth and pay smaller and smaller wages to the working class.

As those who are now struggling to raise a family complain about receiving less and less, the natural tendency would be to blame the rich who are receiving more and more

That is where the poor come in. Republicans point to the poor and say.....That is the reason you are struggling....the poor receive too much. They live in the lap of luxury while you toil away

The first thing you can do is get rid of this fallacy that the reason somebody does't have enough is because others have too much. We don't live in a bubble. Our finances are not encapsulated by our borders. Money is nearly endless in this country and it has nothing to do with what other people have.

If the top five richest people lost their fortunes this weekend, would that help your finances? How about your neighbors? How about your friends and family?

You see if there was any truth to that theory, I could go to my boss tomorrow and ask for a dollar an hour raise, and he would say he'd love to give me a dollar an hour raise, but he can't because the rich people have all the money. Or perhaps I would go to the bank and borrow money for a car, but they too wouldn't be able to lend me any money because the rich have it all.

That's never happened in my life and never will. The sooner you understand that poverty is an individual choice and not a societal one, the sooner you may be able to address the problem.
Let's look at that so called "fallacy"
The reason the working poor have so little is their wages have been stagnant for so long and government programs that benefit them have been cut
So yes.....the wealthy have "too much" while they scream poverty every time someone mentions higher wages

Top five wealthiest lost their fortune? maybe not
But let's look where that wealth resides

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth%2C_2007.jpg

Yea......the middle class is suffering because the poor have too much

The first thing you can do is get rid of this fallacy that the reason somebody does't have enough is because others have too much. We don't live in a bubble. Our finances are not encapsulated by our borders. Money is nearly endless in this country and it has nothing to do with what other people have.

If the top five richest people lost their fortunes this weekend, would that help your finances? How about your neighbors? How about your friends and family?

You see if there was any truth to that theory, I could go to my boss tomorrow and ask for a dollar an hour raise, and he would say he'd love to give me a dollar an hour raise, but he can't because the rich people have all the money. Or perhaps I would go to the bank and borrow money for a car, but they too wouldn't be able to lend me any money because the rich have it all.

That's never happened in my life and never will. The sooner you understand that poverty is an individual choice and not a societal one, the sooner you may be able to address the problem.
The reason the working poor have so little is their wages have been stagnant for so long and government programs that benefit them have been cut
So yes.....the wealthy have "too much" while they scream poverty every time someone mentions higher wages

wealth and income are two entirely different things

No shit Sherlock
Try to keep up with the thread

If they didn't go up for 8 years, you were damn lucky. And were due for a rise. After all, Bluegin's Cadillac Corp is pushing up the costs lol.
Must be why the government is bloated since they get the same benefits plus higher wages than the general public.
Like Big Health and you...but I'm for raising others up rather than you down like GOPers...ON Wisconsin!
No you aren't which is why you try to keep them dependant on the government to live.
the right wing insists on conditions for social safety nets over need.
Sounds more like liberals. Nobody " needs" an Obama phone but doling them out makes Democrats seem "cool" so.....
I would claim, people need phones more than they need guns.

No shit Sherlock

that's funny coming from you

we don't really have any poor in this country

you need to see what real poverty is

No shit Sherlock

Conservatives don't set the bar too high

The poor have nothing to complain about as long as they maintain a standard of living higher than Somalia

No shit Sherlock

The poor have nothing to complain about as long as they maintain a standard of living higher than Somalia
the FACT is that the so called poor here are no worse off than any other first world country

No shit Sherlock

the FACT is that the so called poor here are no worse off than any other first world country
the rich can afford to keep their multimillion dollar bonuses while on means tested (corporate) welfare. the poor cannot keep their wealth, and have a harder time trying to escape from poverty, as a result.

No shit Sherlock

Question for you:
By your account, what percentage of "the poor" are poor by choice of their own?
(Don't run from this one)

I have no idea where you get that their government goodies have been cut. Which ones? To my knowledge thanks to DumBama, we have more people on Medicaid than ever before, more people on food stamps than ever before, more people on housing assistance than ever before. Nothing has been cut--it's been expanded.

Now, using your own chart above, let's try to shrink the two bluest areas. Can you explain how by doing that it will expand any other area of the pie? Sure, you can take more money from the wealthy, but how would that help the people that don't have money? Government can't do it. Government could only take their money and keep it for themselves making the government richer. That doesn't help anybody.

Look at the red section of the pie. Let's say you wanted to see a larger red section. Do you suppose you could accomplish that by having people work more hours, look for better pay jobs, or take more from the darker blue areas?

No shit Sherlock

Question for you:
the Religious may eschew lucre for personal benefit.

No shit Sherlock

Then why are so many families struggling? Used to be you could support a family on a single low skilled income. Now, it takes government assistance.
The ladder to success is broken. The ability to rise from poverty and stay there is disappearing. Used to be children were expected to achieve a higher standard of living than their parents. Now they can't even match it
But our wealthy has managed to slice off a bigger slice of the pie
That is all Republucans care about

No shit Sherlock

Question for you:
Less than 10 percent
That is a rightwing myth that the poor are so happy being poor that they choose to stay there

I have no idea where you get that their government goodies have been cut. Which ones? To my knowledge thanks to DumBama, we have more people on Medicaid than ever before, more people on food stamps than ever before, more people on housing assistance than ever before. Nothing has been cut--it's been expanded.

Now, using your own chart above, let's try to shrink the two bluest areas. Can you explain how by doing that it will expand any other area of the pie? Sure, you can take more money from the wealthy, but how would that help the people that don't have money? Government can't do it. Government could only take their money and keep it for themselves making the government richer. That doesn't help anybody.

Look at the red section of the pie. Let's say you wanted to see a larger red section. Do you suppose you could accomplish that by having people work more hours, look for better pay jobs, or take more from the darker blue areas?
The red section of the pie, is getting the majority of government assistance.

No shit Sherlock

Then why are so many families struggling? Used to be you could support a family on a single low skilled income. Now, it takes government assistance.
The ladder to success is broken. The ability to rise from poverty and stay there is disappearing. Used to be children were expected to achieve a higher standard of living than their parents. Now they can't even match it

Were you around during the days when families were one income? I was. I grew up in that era. Most people did without back then.

No shit Sherlock

Question for you:
Less than 10 percent
That is a rightwing myth that the poor are so happy being poor that they choose to stay there

Fair enough...
So how many educated and truly motivated people do you know that are poor?
Does one choose to be educated and motivated?
(Don't run away)

No shit Sherlock

really?

take a look at the stuff a family in the 60's had compared to the stuff people have today

today even the so called poor have cars, tvs computers cell phones

and there is no pie

just because someone earns a dollar more this year than last year does not mean you will earn a dollar less

No shit Sherlock

Were you around during the days when families were one income? I was. I grew up in that era. Most people did without back then.

yeah and houses were small and cheap to build families had one car one TV etc etc

Forum List

Back