Why do democrats hate poor black people and want them permanently on welfare?

Just Reaganism rolling on, and the middle class losing jobs during the Booosh depression. He didn't PASS ANY POLICIES except the stimulus and ACA...there's your brainwashing kicking in again...

Bush and Reagan were geniuses! Look how butt hurt you are and Reagan has been out of office for 28 plus years and you still can't figure it out. You Dems are pretty stupid.

36 Reasons Why You Should Thank a Union

Weekends
All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
40 Hour Work Week
Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
Employer Health Care Insurance
Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
Wrongful Termination Laws
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Whistleblower Protection Laws
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holiday Pay
Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
Privacy Rights
Pregnancy and Parental Leave
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Public Education for Children
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States

So will conservatives give up all 36 of these union fought rights? Will they stand by their rhetoric that unions are thugs and refuse to take benefits from these "thugs" or will they hypocritically carry on the diatribe that unions are ruining this country while enjoying their weekends and paid vacations?
Or...

Maybe they could just admit that while not perfect, like anything else, unions have done great things for working people that they use and benefit from everyday of their lives?

Maybe a conservative union-hating family got to have some of the best moments of their lives while on vacation from work, and they still got to come to a job still there waiting for them, because of unions?

Maybe a conservative can't wait for their lunch break at work so they can turn on the radio and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Back talk about how horrible unions are?

If you don't want to give up all your union fought rights and benefits at work, I understand. I don't want to either, that's why I'm pro-union and vote Democrat.

But maybe you could just admit that unions are not demons spawned from hell, and admit the FACT that they have improved your life in more ways than one?

Or am I asking too much?

The minimum wage was set up to be racist at the start, Henry Ford started the 40 hour a week movement, the social security was always a ponzi scheme... Can go on and on but earth to silly boo bio the year is not 1930

The formation of unions helped to strengthen the idea of working five days a week as well. In 1937, auto plant workers staged a sit-down strike in Flint, Michigan, to protest bleak conditions at General Motors that included no bathroom breaks, no benefits or sick pay and no safety standards.

The negotiations between GM and the United Auto Workers ultimately improved working conditions. The federal government would show its support when Congress passed the Fair Labor Standards Act in 1938, a key part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal.

Many historians credit Roosevelt’s labor secretary, Frances Perkins, for championing the cause. Perkins was in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village in 1911 on the day of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. Almost 150 garment workers, mostly women and immigrants, were trapped and killed when the building caught fire. The exits had been blocked — a common practice at the time.

“She saw the young girls jumping out of the window,” Santomauro said. “This, I’m sure, opened her heart about the plight of the workers. That really stayed with her.”

Aside from the 40-hour workweek, the Fair Labor Standards Act also included several reforms in place that Americans can appreciate to this day — establishing a minimum wage, overtime pay and putting an end to “oppressive” forms of child labor.

People in 28 states and counting (including yours) disagree with you

I agree with you there pal. The people today don't deserve unions. They don't even appreciate what they do for them.

Now I know that I benefited from unions even though I was never in a union. I know that unions brought everyone's wages up regardless of what cons say, they did. It's a fact. Companies paid union style wages for fear of their employees unionizing. Today companies don't have that fear. No millenial is going to unionize. They don't have the balls. So I made good money in the 90's-Present. Enough that I'll be able to retire when I'm 65, maybe sooner depending on if my $400K inheritance doesn't get eaten up by an old folks home. That almost happened to half of it when my mom got Alzheimers. It was $11K a month. Luckily for her and my dad's pocket book she only lasted 3 weeks in that $11,000 shit hole. Funny they won't let people commit suicide but then dump them in a place that isn't safe and they suffer for weeks while the family pays $11K a month.

Anyways, that was off topic. The point is today college grads are screwed. They can't buy a home until their student loan debt is paid off. When I graduated I only owed $1500.

Will Millennials ever be able to retire?

Planning and saving for retirement is a challenge for almost everyone these days. But if you're just embarking on your career and not pulling down the big bucks, preparing for retirement can be even more daunting as there are so many competing demands chipping away at a slim salary: housing costs, transportation, basic living expenses and, for many people in their 20s and 30s, college debt, which a recent poll by the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts found is major reason many people postpone saving for retirement.

And these kids parents don't have $800K to pass on to their 2 sons like my dad does. The American people are screwed.

Right now my dad gets a Ford pension. All the GM, Ford and Chrysler retirees all have pensions. Imagine in 30 years when they are all dead and the next generation of seniors don't have shit for savings. Most Americans in the future will never ever retire.

How GOP Social Security Cuts Will Hurt You

Dumb Americans. Dumb dumb dumb.

Will Trump Cut Medicare and Social Security?

Bush and Reagan were geniuses! Look how butt hurt you are and Reagan has been out of office for 28 plus years and you still can't figure it out. You Dems are pretty stupid.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike
Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)

So will conservatives give up all 36 of these union fought rights? Will they stand by their rhetoric that unions are thugs and refuse to take benefits from these "thugs" or will they hypocritically carry on the diatribe that unions are ruining this country while enjoying their weekends and paid vacations?
Or...

Maybe they could just admit that while not perfect, like anything else, unions have done great things for working people that they use and benefit from everyday of their lives?

Maybe a conservative union-hating family got to have some of the best moments of their lives while on vacation from work, and they still got to come to a job still there waiting for them, because of unions?

Maybe a conservative can't wait for their lunch break at work so they can turn on the radio and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Back talk about how horrible unions are?

If you don't want to give up all your union fought rights and benefits at work, I understand. I don't want to either, that's why I'm pro-union and vote Democrat.

But maybe you could just admit that unions are not demons spawned from hell, and admit the FACT that they have improved your life in more ways than one?

Or am I asking too much?

The minimum wage was set up to be racist at the start, Henry Ford started the 40 hour a week movement, the social security was always a ponzi scheme... Can go on and on but earth to silly boo bio the year is not 1930

The formation of unions helped to strengthen the idea of working five days a week as well. In 1937, auto plant workers staged a sit-down strike in Flint, Michigan, to protest bleak conditions at General Motors that included no bathroom breaks, no benefits or sick pay and no safety standards.

The negotiations between GM and the United Auto Workers ultimately improved working conditions. The federal government would show its support when Congress passed the Fair Labor Standards Act in 1938, a key part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s New Deal.

Many historians credit Roosevelt’s labor secretary, Frances Perkins, for championing the cause. Perkins was in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village in 1911 on the day of the infamous Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. Almost 150 garment workers, mostly women and immigrants, were trapped and killed when the building caught fire. The exits had been blocked — a common practice at the time.

“She saw the young girls jumping out of the window,” Santomauro said. “This, I’m sure, opened her heart about the plight of the workers. That really stayed with her.”

Aside from the 40-hour workweek, the Fair Labor Standards Act also included several reforms in place that Americans can appreciate to this day — establishing a minimum wage, overtime pay and putting an end to “oppressive” forms of child labor.

I agree with you there pal. The people today don't deserve unions. They don't even appreciate what they do for them.

Now I know that I benefited from unions even though I was never in a union. I know that unions brought everyone's wages up regardless of what cons say, they did. It's a fact. Companies paid union style wages for fear of their employees unionizing. Today companies don't have that fear. No millenial is going to unionize. They don't have the balls. So I made good money in the 90's-Present. Enough that I'll be able to retire when I'm 65, maybe sooner depending on if my $400K inheritance doesn't get eaten up by an old folks home. That almost happened to half of it when my mom got Alzheimers. It was $11K a month. Luckily for her and my dad's pocket book she only lasted 3 weeks in that $11,000 shit hole. Funny they won't let people commit suicide but then dump them in a place that isn't safe and they suffer for weeks while the family pays $11K a month.

Anyways, that was off topic. The point is today college grads are screwed. They can't buy a home until their student loan debt is paid off. When I graduated I only owed $1500.

Planning and saving for retirement is a challenge for almost everyone these days. But if you're just embarking on your career and not pulling down the big bucks, preparing for retirement can be even more daunting as there are so many competing demands chipping away at a slim salary: housing costs, transportation, basic living expenses and, for many people in their 20s and 30s, college debt, which a recent poll by the American Institute of Certified Public Accounts found is major reason many people postpone saving for retirement.

And these kids parents don't have $800K to pass on to their 2 sons like my dad does. The American people are screwed.

Right now my dad gets a Ford pension. All the GM, Ford and Chrysler retirees all have pensions. Imagine in 30 years when they are all dead and the next generation of seniors don't have shit for savings. Most Americans in the future will never ever retire.

:bsflag:

Like what policies of Obama's made the rich richer?

The intensive Quantitative Easing which desperately tried to hold up the economy by pouring trillions of worthless dollars into the economy. Money which, predictably, found a circuitous route to the stock market making the rich, richer.

Massive over-regulation discouraging existing businesses from expanding and hiring more people and new business from being opened or making it virtually impossible.

Crippling new taxes from Obamacare punishing people for trying to expand their business to over fifty employees.

And the list goes on, and on, and on.

Why Obama deserves some blame for the relatively slow recovery

Conservatives say the president's policies slowed how fast the economy bounced back.

Chris Edwards, an economist with the libertarian Cato Institute, agrees Obama was not responsible for the onset of the recession, but he believes the president’s policies "are mainly responsible for the slowness of the recovery."

Edwards said Obama's policies have created a less-than-ideal environment for business investment, including new burdens and taxes from Obama’s health care law, additional layers of financial regulation, and large and growing deficits. Dartmouth College economist Bruce Sacerdote acknowledged that Obama needed to use federal spending to stimulate the economy, but he worries about the long-term consequences of the growing debt.

Of course, a big reason for the stasis of Obama’s agenda in 2011 and 2012 stems from the Republican takeover of the House in the 2010 midterm elections. Which brings us to....

Why it’s hard to tell whether Obama deserves credit or blame for the economy on his watch

If you're grading Obama's performance, it's important to note that he could only do so much with the House in Republican hands. His ideas were often non-starters with the Republican-controlled House -- and likewise, the Republican ideas were stymied by Obama and the Democrats who controlled the Senate.

the Obama administration struggled with the problem of foreclosures and underwater mortgages because it had trouble crafting a policy that would help homeowners in dire straits without rewarding banks that had made bad loans. And the Fed was hobbled early on because interest rates were already close to zero by the time the economy went into freefall. That eliminated one of the Fed’s tried-and-true tools -- lowering interest rates.

That said, the Fed’s actions -- including pumping more money into the economy through a policy called quantitative easing -- have almost certainly had an effect, and the president’s lack of influence on the Fed weakens any linkage between Obama and economic results.

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

Or...

Or am I asking too much?

:bsflag:

Hey look, Trump sucks worst than we thought he would

Job growth whiffs badly in March; unemployment rate falls to 4.5%

180,000 expected

Only 98,000? Pathetic

I think you scored a point.

It makes me think government works better when parties can work together also...

Of course, they do. Proven by the relationship between President Ronald Reagan, and the sharply partisan Tip O'Neil as well as President Bill Clinton and Newt Gingrich.

Former President Bill Clinton vetoed the 1996 Welfare Reform Act twice. The third time it was put before him, he knew that Congress had the votes to override his veto so he signed it into law.

Contrary to those working relationships, petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama took the opposite tact once even saying that Republicans can come along if they wish but they're going to have to ride in the back of the bus.

Bill ran on welfare reform. He really was a much better president than repubs will admit.

From Pledge to Plan: The campaign to end welfare -- A special report.; The Clinton Welfare Bill: A Long, Stormy Journey

Education is the only way out. my further evidence they wish hate on the blacks.

Great, I agree 100%, I'm so happy to see that you support Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education along with school choice, vouchers and charter schools. Happy to see you come around!

Bill ran on welfare reform. He really was a much better president than repubs will admit.

I have no problem saying that former President was a good president. Had he been able to keep it in his pants and had the Clinton's not been so criminally inclined, he could have been a great president.

Education is the only way out. my further evidence they wish hate on the blacks.

Great, I agree 100%, I'm so happy to see that you support Betsy DeVos as Secretary of Education along with school choice, vouchers and charter schools. Happy to see you come around!

Vouchers aren't helping Milwaukee.
how can you make that statement? I posted their results. you just lied.

And I posted that Milwaukee has a huge poverty problem. They have the longest running voucher program and still huge poverty. Not working.

Oldest voucher program in the US:
Milwaukee, where 40 percent of the 500,000 residents are black, has the second-highest black poverty rate of cities nationwide.

And yours sound like a left wing democrat.

Probably on this thread. I can think of ways dems have tried to help the poor. Repubs I have nothing for at this time.

And you are liberal in most threads.

I can't think of any way the left has helped the poor, all they have done have found ways to keep more people on subsidized something.

Good job!
You mean affordable healthcare?

Everything else we wanted to try you Republicans said no. No let's see the wealth gap shrink under GOP rule. It won't but you won't care because you're a fucking republican

Well the wealth gap didn't seem to bother Democrats over the last eight years where it has continued to widen. Funny how it is now important when the Democrats aren't in power and ignored while the Dems are out of power.

To be fair, Obama had a recession, 2 wars, housing bubble, and high unemployment to deal with.

To be fair he promised to close the gap, and he did not. To be fair he let all those bankers and other rich 1%ers off the hook for 2008. To be fair, Obama didn't do much of anything for the poor. to be fair, you lean left.

Probably on this thread. I can think of ways dems have tried to help the poor. Repubs I have nothing for at this time.

I can't think of any way the left has helped the poor, all they have done have found ways to keep more people on subsidized something.

Good job!

Everything else we wanted to try you Republicans said no. No let's see the wealth gap shrink under GOP rule. It won't but you won't care because you're a fucking republican

Well the wealth gap didn't seem to bother Democrats over the last eight years where it has continued to widen. Funny how it is now important when the Democrats aren't in power and ignored while the Dems are out of power.

To be fair, Obama had a recession, 2 wars, housing bubble, and high unemployment to deal with.

To be fair he promised to close the gap, and he did not. To be fair he let all those bankers and other rich 1%ers off the hook for 2008. To be fair, Obama didn't do much of anything for the poor. to be fair, you lean left.
To be fair when your dumb ass gave the GOP back the house in 2010 you killed any hope of Obama doing anything for your dumb ass.

Remember how the gop blamed Obama for the bp oilspill? You bought it

I like Carville and Colmes, sounds like you are the piece of crap that is lying. You on the left are just intolerant of others opinions, now go crawl back into your cave, Neanderthal.
I'm just intolerant of the lies and bs propaganda that are the base of all your misinformed "opinions", dupes... Most of my friends are dupes, but it's hard when many hate you for the facts. So I don't talk politics with them.

Facts! Lol! You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the behind.
I've talked to such brainwashed Republicans the last couple days. Unable to rationally discuss the facts.

When I tried to point out how Republicans told Obama no when he asked to bomb Syria I got two responses, no three

A. He's a Muslim
B. He was weak
C. I must be watching MSNBC.
I like Carville and Colmes, sounds like you are the piece of crap that is lying. You on the left are just intolerant of others opinions, now go crawl back into your cave, Neanderthal.
I'm just intolerant of the lies and bs propaganda that are the base of all your misinformed "opinions", dupes... Most of my friends are dupes, but it's hard when many hate you for the facts. So I don't talk politics with them.

Facts! Lol! You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the behind.
I've talked to such brainwashed Republicans the last couple days. Unable to rationally discuss the facts.

When I tried to point out how Republicans told Obama no when he asked to bomb Syria I got two responses, no three

A. He's a Muslim
B. He was weak
C. I must be watching MSNBC.

No sure what this has to do with the Democratic Party's hate for poor black people.

Thank you Obama

U.S. Wages Rising At The Fastest Pace In Years Amid Solid Hiring

November 4, 2016

U.S. middle class shrank during 1970s and 1980s

The U.S. middle class shrank markedly between 1969 and 1989, as the number of Americans who were rich and poor increased.

In 1969, 71.2 percent of Americans were "middle class." Twenty years later, 63.2 percent were middle class, a new Census Bureau study found.

This was during the time companies like GE started breaking their social contract with American workers. Liberals and Unions

The unwritten but very real and clearly understood social contract under which the citizens and workers of the United States and Canada developed the countries has now been broken by the wealthy classes, the owners of major industries and businesses and the politicians, The contract is now invalid. A new social contract is needed.

The Broken Social Contract | Dissident Voice

We get it, the Democratic Party wants poor and needs them, even if they really hate the poor.

Milwaukee has had vouchers a long time. That your symbol of success?

I wasn't familiar with their specific system but it seems to be extremely successful.

Study finds charter and voucher schools do better than public schools
By James Wigderson / March 1, 2017 / News /

WAUKESHA, Wis. – A new study by a Milwaukee-based research organization promises the most comprehensive look at statewide student test scores for voucher, charter and public schools.

The study, Apples to Apples, released on Wednesday, shows charter schools and private school voucher programs doing better at educating students than public schools in Wisconsin.

Will Flanders, education research director for the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty said students in Milwaukee’s private school voucher program performed significantly better than their public school peers when controlling for socioeconomic status.

APPLES TO APPLES; A new study shows students in voucher, charter schools do better than public school peers, according to Will Flanders of the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty.

“We looked at both math and English, two of the most important subjects in school, in predicting success later in life,” Flanders said. “We see significantly higher rates of proficiency in both subjects.”

[...]

Study finds charter and voucher schools do better than public schools - Watchdog.org

Is this NOT what we want?

Under Democratic Presidents, Minorities Make Economic Gains - And So Do Whites | Scholars Strategy Network

Under Democratic presidents, black families’ incomes grew on average $895 dollars annually, but grew only by $142 dollars under Republicans. The black unemployment rate fell by a net 7.9 percentage points across the 26 years of Democratic leadership, but went up by a net of 13.7 points during 28 years of Republican presidencies. Across the years of Democratic leadership, black poverty declined by a net of 23.6 percentage points, but grew by three points when Republicans held the White House.

Try again Brian...

income-gap-obama.jpg
Just Reaganism rolling on, and the middle class losing jobs during the Booosh depression. He didn't PASS ANY POLICIES except the stimulus and ACA...there's your brainwashing kicking in again...

Turns out Reagan sucked. We loved him at the time but didn't realize what a sellout he actually was. HW Bush didn't start NAFTA, Reagan's boys did.

Historical Reasons to Show Liberals Love

• The 8-hour workday, overtime pay, and the federal minimum wage
  • The Social Security Act,
  • Medicare,
  • The Clean Water Act,
  • The Rural Electrification Act

Yes, But ‘What Have You Done for Me Lately’ – 10 Reasons to Thank Obama
  • Student Loan Reform and Pell Grant Award Increases

• American Reinvestment and Recovery Act
  • Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,”
  • The end of the Stem Cell Research Ban, for which Obama takes full credit. He used an executive order in March 2009 to end former President George W. Bush’s ban on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research.

So nothing to help the poor, got it!

Milwaukee has had vouchers a long time. That your symbol of success?

I wasn't familiar with their specific system but it seems to be extremely successful.

Study finds charter and voucher schools do better than public schools
By James Wigderson / March 1, 2017 / News /

WAUKESHA, Wis. – A new study by a Milwaukee-based research organization promises the most comprehensive look at statewide student test scores for voucher, charter and public schools.

The study, Apples to Apples, released on Wednesday, shows charter schools and private school voucher programs doing better at educating students than public schools in Wisconsin.

Will Flanders, education research director for the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty said students in Milwaukee’s private school voucher program performed significantly better than their public school peers when controlling for socioeconomic status.

APPLES TO APPLES; A new study shows students in voucher, charter schools do better than public school peers, according to Will Flanders of the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty.

“We looked at both math and English, two of the most important subjects in school, in predicting success later in life,” Flanders said. “We see significantly higher rates of proficiency in both subjects.”

[...]

Study finds charter and voucher schools do better than public schools - Watchdog.org

Is this NOT what we want?

I'm sure it's easy to take the better students and appear to have success. How is poverty?

Under Democratic Presidents, Minorities Make Economic Gains - And So Do Whites | Scholars Strategy Network

Under Democratic presidents, black families’ incomes grew on average $895 dollars annually, but grew only by $142 dollars under Republicans. The black unemployment rate fell by a net 7.9 percentage points across the 26 years of Democratic leadership, but went up by a net of 13.7 points during 28 years of Republican presidencies. Across the years of Democratic leadership, black poverty declined by a net of 23.6 percentage points, but grew by three points when Republicans held the White House.

Try again Brian...

income-gap-obama.jpg

Weekends
Paid Vacation
FMLA
Sick Leave
Social Security
Minimum Wage
8-Hour Work Day
Overtime Pay
Child Labor Laws
40 Hour Work Week
Unemployment Insurance
Pensions
Sexual Harassment Laws
Holiday Pay
Privacy Rights
Military Leave
The Right to Strike

Or...

Or am I asking too much?

not sure why you are bringing up unions, it seems that you nor any on the left at this site are part of a union. You don't help them, belong to one, you don't donate to any. Hell I do more for unions than you lying pieces of pig feces.

Good job!

To be fair when your dumb ass gave the GOP back the house in 2010 you killed any hope of Obama doing anything for your dumb ass.

Remember how the gop blamed Obama for the bp oilspill? You bought it

This is true. Last time DumBama had a Democrat Congress, they spent trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars.

And I posted that Milwaukee has a huge poverty problem. They have the longest running voucher program and still huge poverty. Not working.

Vouchers don't save the world, they save a small portion of children who really want to learn.

Forum List

Back