Why don't we use the gold in Fort Knox to pay for the Coronavirus?

What little gold there is in Fort Knox has been spent at least a thousand times already. Our currency is only as good as the government's word which means it ain't worth shit.

If we start a petition to use that gold then we will know exactly how much is or isn't there. Then the government could tell us where it went. Or perhaps they could tell us what exactly is backing the dollar besides good intentions and lots of ink and paper.

Once those printing presses start humming the dollars in your wallet will shrink to the size of postage stamps.
Our currency was taken off the gold standard a long time ago and has since been nothing but a fiat currency. Which means for all practical purposes it's utterly worthless.

Ooops!

Over the last three years the us dollar has lost over 12% of its value.
Oddly enough one of the most stable currencies on earth today is the South African Rand which by comparison has lost only 1.5% or so over the last three years.
God only knows what the dollar will be worth when this covid hoax is over. There'll be smoke coming from the printing presses because they'll have them cranked up so high printing so much more worthless paper.

The nation should put some of its land up for sale....talk about a gold mine....to Americans not foreigners of course...

Fuck that!

Confiscate ALL Chinese assets.
So NUKE EM! What makes you think there worthless asswipe isn't already more worthless than our worthless asswipe? Afterall their liars are bigger liars than even our liars.

They need tons of food.
We got the food they need.
I say also starve 'em before we nuke 'em.
Support our life giving farmers, before anyone else!!!

Our monetary system is currently based on American debt in the form of U.S. Treasuries.

The nation should put some of its land up for sale....talk about a gold mine....to Americans not foreigners of course...

Fuck that!

So NUKE EM! What makes you think there worthless asswipe isn't already more worthless than our worthless asswipe? Afterall their liars are bigger liars than even our liars.

They need tons of food.

I gotta tell ya the farmers have been ass raping this nation since the 1930s. And they're not using any lube.

Fuck that!

They need tons of food.

I gotta tell ya the farmers have been ass raping this nation since the 1930s. And they're not using any lube.
Ouch....lol

Fuck that!

They need tons of food.

Sounds like you are in the wrong bizness, based on your non-linked generalization.

Fuck that!

They need tons of food.

Sounds like you are in the wrong bizness, based on your non-linked generalization.
You mean to tell me you can't feel the pain?

Fuck that!

They need tons of food.

Provide a legit link.
Or as Mr. Wonderful would say on Shark Tank, "you're dead to me".

What little gold there is in Fort Knox has been spent at least a thousand times already. Our currency is only as good as the government's word which means it ain't worth shit.

If we start a petition to use that gold then we will know exactly how much is or isn't there. Then the government could tell us where it went. Or perhaps they could tell us what exactly is backing the dollar besides good intentions and lots of ink and paper.

Once those printing presses start humming the dollars in your wallet will shrink to the size of postage stamps.
Our currency was taken off the gold standard a long time ago and has since been nothing but a fiat currency. Which means for all practical purposes it's utterly worthless.
Under the Bretton Woods system set up at the end of World War 2, the United States fiat currency the dollar became the world reserve currency. Other nations would hold dollars for safety. And they could get them back anytime they wanted. However as part of the Bretton Woods agreement, the nations holding dollars could receive their money in gold from the United States. In 1971, Charles DeGaulle of France wanted his money from the United States. But not in dollars...in gold. We did not have it. So we went totally off of any gold standard left and went to a basket of currencies. Currency swaps. It is believed we ended up being real cozy with Saudi Arabia and behind the scenes oil became the backer for the dollar also besides safety. Fiat currency is faith. If people lose faith in it, it can become worthless.

The place is empty. Has been for years.
Obama sent the gold bars to Libya, Syria, Iran and Cuba. But not to worry he replaced them with these:

Candybar.jpg

Fuck that!

They need tons of food.

Provide a legit link.
Or as Mr. Wonderful would say on Shark Tank, "you're dead to me".
Fuck u! Link to what asshat? It's common knowledge to all but ignorant know nothing shitstains.

Anyone think it's a good idea? All that wonderful treasure just sitting there. Now we have a good use for it. Who agrees?
A. There probably is no gold in Fort Knox. B. Our gold reserves are the only true tangible wealth this country holds. You get rid of that then money is truly nothing but 1s and 0s, so why not just pay everyone $100,000. C. Interesting idea though, FDR did “confiscate” that gold from the people

Forum List

Back