Why I Am Not A Christian

Since you obviously don't like Christianity and have walked away then what makes you think I or anyone should give a shit what your opinion is on who is or is not a "good" Christian in your eyes?

It's not about him/her disliking Christianity per se, altho I'm sure that the baiting all stems from that. But, it's still a complete bait. Bash Christianity, say whatever insulting things can come to your mind, degrade it's symbolism and then sit back and wait for someone to take the bait. Quit taking the bait Curve, they're not worth the effort. Don't feed the trolls. :)

I enjoy taking the bait because I'm arrogant enough to think I can turn their agenda upside down. An example is the masochistic charge.......not one of them has addressed the fact Jesus begged in prayer to avoid it.

What do you think is the central message of christianity, CurveLight? Do you think it in any way pertains to the symbolism of the cross? I kinda sorta think it is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I think it's more than ironic that so many -- like you -- post to this thread to insult and annoy others and then claim they are "real" christians. Has it occurred to you that your posts here have been a terrible advert for the religion you claim to follow?

I dunno what "agenda" you'd like this thread to step sideways into; nothing prevents you from starting a thread of your own. It is no more necessary to twist what anyone else says than it is to insult people. If you cannot show a modicum of respect to others, I hope you will take Newby's advice and stop posting.

I dunno what "agenda" you'd like this thread to step sideways into; nothing prevents you from starting a thread of your own. It is no more necessary to twist what anyone else says than it is to insult people. If you cannot show a modicum of respect to others, I hope you will take Newby's advice and stop posting.

I can only laugh at the irony of your words Madeline. :lol:

Since you obviously don't like Christianity and have walked away then what makes you think I or anyone should give a shit what your opinion is on who is or is not a "good" Christian in your eyes?

It's not about him/her disliking Christianity per se, altho I'm sure that the baiting all stems from that. But, it's still a complete bait. Bash Christianity, say whatever insulting things can come to your mind, degrade it's symbolism and then sit back and wait for someone to take the bait. Quit taking the bait Curve, they're not worth the effort. Don't feed the trolls. :)

I enjoy taking the bait because I'm arrogant enough to think I can turn their agenda upside down. An example is the masochistic charge.......not one of them has addressed the fact Jesus begged in prayer to avoid it.
But he didn't do anything himself to avoid it. His passivity cannot be ignored. Also you are not even addressing the issue of all those who worship the cross because it somehow validates their own passivity and even glorifies it by association with a mythic figure known as much for his humanistic teachings as for his bizarre acceptance and, one could even say, willing embrace of public humiliation and torture.

You're not arrogant. You're just starved for attention.

More trolling.... :rolleyes:
If Christians can't take honest criticism of their religion, they shouldn't be too surprised so many are rejecting it.

You always turn into a crybaby, Newby, whenever someone even expresses the mildest doubt about Christianity. I think that only reflects upon what must be your own repressed doubts. Most deeply religious people are able to accept other people's points of view, even if they do not agree with them. You however, seem very insecure in your faith.

If Christians can't take honest criticism of their religion, they shouldn't be too surprised so many are rejecting it.

You always turn into a crybaby, Newby, whenever someone even expresses the mildest doubt about Christianity. I think that only reflects upon what must be your own repressed doubts. Most deeply religious people are able to accept other people's points of view, even if they do not agree with them. You however, seem very insecure in your faith.

It's not mild doubt or criticism that I've seen at least. It's unadultered baiting and bashing.

It's not honest criticism when you make a claim then run away and hide.....and you accuse others of being crybabies? Lol.....what a hypocritical bitch.

It's not mild doubt or criticism that I've seen at least. It's unadultered baiting and bashing.

No, it's not even close to that. It's mainly whiny people making claims they can't support then whine when shown they are wrong.

Is that what you call it?? Too funny. :lol:

But he didn't do anything himself to avoid it. His passivity cannot be ignored. Also you are not even addressing the issue of all those who worship the cross because it somehow validates their own passivity and even glorifies it by association with a mythic figure known as much for his humanistic teachings as for his bizarre acceptance and, one could even say, willing embrace of public humiliation and torture.

You're actually condemning Jesus for choosing to accept responsibility for his actions? If he would have chose to not accept responsibility you'd be saying he set a bad example for not being accountable. Do you really not see how no matter what....you're doing nothing but looking for a way to bitch?

I cannot speak to how others worship the Cross and my position here is to point out your masochistic charges related to the Cross is not based on anything but your own whiny rants and it is not based on the facts.

Look at how much you lie you fucking bitch. This is a great example because you accuse him of:

"....willing embrace of public humiliation and torture."

You say that when we have the specifics of his state of mind in the hours before he was arrested. He begged and wept to God in prayer to avoid the torture and Crucifixion. Keep ignoring that you dishonest fuckwad.

What do you think is the central message of christianity, CurveLight? Do you think it in any way pertains to the symbolism of the cross? I kinda sorta think it is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I think it's more than ironic that so many -- like you -- post to this thread to insult and annoy others and then claim they are "real" christians. Has it occurred to you that your posts here have been a terrible advert for the religion you claim to follow?

Newby never advised me to stop posting you dishonest shit stack. I don't have to justify my Faith to you or anyone else and if you don't like my posts then put me on ignore. Earlier you thanked me for my kindness and now you are whining. Do you see any correlation between the two time periods? Isn't it possible I was giving you respect by benefit of the doubt (hence you thanked me for being kind) and now that it is clear you have an axe to grind I'm calling you out on it and suddenly I'm not kind. I'm not going to give you respect simply because you try to hold me emotionally hostage to how you think I should post as a Christian.

Maybe you should try posting with Johnson's Baby Shampoo? (You know....no more tears)

I'm speaking about your reactions in general. You seem to have some kind of persecution complex about being Christian.

You're actually condemning Jesus for choosing to accept responsibility for his actions? If he would have chose to not accept responsibility you'd be saying he set a bad example for not being accountable. Do you really not see how no matter what....you're doing nothing but looking for a way to bitch?

I cannot speak to how others worship the Cross and my position here is to point out your masochistic charges related to the Cross is not based on anything but your own whiny rants and it is not based on the facts.

Look at how much you lie you fucking bitch. This is a great example because you accuse him of:

You say that when we have the specifics of his state of mind in the hours before he was arrested. He begged and wept to God in prayer to avoid the torture and Crucifixion. Keep ignoring that you dishonest fuckwad.
I see what subscribing to a religion whose symbol has masochistic overtones to it has done to your mind. :cuckoo:

I see what subscribing to a religion whose symbol has masochistic overtones to it has done to your mind. :cuckoo:

I see what living in a fantasy world of strawmen has done to your (in)ability to debate. Fucking bitches like you take your petty jabs, back away, then pat yourselves on the back. It's a good thing Jesus loves cause you're a pure asshole.

I'm speaking about your reactions in general. You seem to have some kind of persecution complex about being Christian.

I think I know the difference between bullshit and civil debate that makes a valid point, which is why I won't even discuss this topic with certain people. So, it has nothing to do with having a 'persecution complex' as you so nicely put it, but more to do with recognizing bullshit when you see it, and then avoiding it. I do enjoy reading it tho, it amuses me. :razz:

I think I know the difference between bullshit and civil debate that makes a valid point, which is why I won't even discuss this topic with certain people. So, it has nothing to do with having a 'persecution complex' as you so nicely put it, but more to do with recognizing bullshit when you see it, and then avoiding it. I do enjoy reading it tho, it amuses me. :razz:

That explains why you are such good pals with Curvey Delight. :lol:

That explains why you are such good pals with Curvey Delight. :lol:

Who said we were 'pals'? When I agree with someone, it doesn't mean we're 'pals'. You know what they say about assumptions, don't you? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back