Why I Am Not A Christian

It is you that refuse to see what is before you so that you can go on chasing your tail. Don't let reality stand in the way of you bigotry. You are about as objective on Christianity as a Klansman at a MLKing rally. :lol: :lol: :lol: Real main stream. ;)
What bigotry? You yourself already agreed with me that one interpretation suggests masochistic overtones. So it appears my objectivity is doing just fine. So please point out this bigotry you mention.

Intense said:
There are many interpretations of the cross or crucifix. You point to one of many. We agree on that one.

Were you mistaken then or are you mistaken now? Is it a valid interpretation or not?

My interpretation does not nor has ever included masochism, that you projected on your own. Beyond that, we are in agreement on the issue of cross and crucifix. From my perspective you are confusing Sacrifice with masochism. That is my issue. I presume you are Old Testament, and if true, I have no problem with that. Your tone however suggests much disrespect to the New. Believer or not, civility goes allot farther than ridicule, true enough on both sides.

My tone says nothing of any religious literature. The condescension is reserved exclusively for CurveLight, who seems incapable of understanding the viewpoint of others. I wasn't even the one who originally stated that one interpretation is of masochistic overtones. I just picked it up when CurveLight was idiotic enough to not know the meaning of the term and claim only the way he wants the bible to be interpreted is the correct way.

Willingly accepting maximum amounts of pain given the chance to lessen it, as well as people retelling the story or horrible torture in gratifying admiration says nothing good or bad of the story itself, but it still does hold masochistic overtones just as it holds feelings of grievance, torment, and injustice. We don't get to cherry pick only the positive emotions because the story holds personal meaning unless one is seeking ignorance.

Again, you claim everything is dishonest whenever I don't address your useless unrelated ramblings. I can shoot down every single sentence of yours but what's the point? In this case, he did NOT avoid the pain when offered a numbing drug. He could have lessened it but instead willingly took the full brunt of it. You continue to exhibit your incapacity to understand the actual meaning of this word.

Let me know if there are any other useless noncontributory sentences of yours you wish me to shoot down. In the meantime, stop whining everytime I don't address every letter.

My tone says nothing of any religious literature. The condescension is reserved exclusively for CurveLight, who seems incapable of understanding the viewpoint of others. I wasn't even the one who originally stated that one interpretation is of masochistic overtones. I just picked it up when CurveLight was idiotic enough to not know the meaning of the term and claim only the way he wants the bible to be interpreted is the correct way.

Willingly accepting maximum amounts of pain given the chance to lessen it, as well as people retelling the story or horrible torture in gratifying admiration says nothing good or bad of the story itself, but it still does hold masochistic overtones just as it holds feelings of grievance, torment, and injustice. We don't get to cherry pick only the positive emotions because the story holds personal meaning unless one is seeking ignorance.

And you claim I don't know the def of masochism.............lol

He didn't drink the wine because he chose to accept full responsibility for his actions. Hmmmm...how many more times you need that spelled out?

Which still has nothing to do with the concept of masochism. This is going in circles. I continually return to the actual point being made, and you continually return to irrelevant or preceding moments that don't actually have anything to do with the concept of the point. It's sad you keep looking for excuses, but pain and responsibility are not inherently linked. Pain and masochism is. Further, people finding joy in the telling of this brutal story similarly holds masochistic overtones.

Even other Christians who appear to know the bible better than you agree that it is a valid interpretation. Stop being all butt-hurt and taking it as a personal insult and just accept it.

You are a complete fucking cocksucking jackass. You edited my post to remove where I pointed out the fact Jesus begged to avoid the Crucifixion then you straight up lie and say Christians who appear to know the bible better agree with the bullshit masochistic overtones.

Intense explained it in a nutshell that you are confusing Sacrifice for masochism and you have repeatedly ignored the fact Jesus begged to avoid the Crucifixion. You are quite sad.

He didn't drink the wine because he chose to accept full responsibility for his actions. Hmmmm...how many more times you need that spelled out?

Which still has nothing to do with the concept of masochism. This is going in circles. I continually return to the actual point being made, and you continually return to irrelevant or preceding moments that don't actually have anything to do with the concept of the point. It's sad you keep looking for excuses, but pain and responsibility are not inherently linked. Pain and masochism is. Further, people finding joy in the telling of this brutal story similarly holds masochistic overtones.

Even other Christians who appear to know the bible better than you agree that it is a valid interpretation. Stop being all butt-hurt and taking it as a personal insult and just accept it.

CurveLight,

You disgust me.

I'm not out of toilet paper so stop trying to kiss my ass.

Anyone else wanna demonstrate their "christianity"?

You think your glass gavel produces anything but shards of your dishonesty? I'm a horrible example of a Christian because I don't know how to love dishonest fucks but at least I'm truthful.

Anyone else wanna demonstrate their "christianity"?

How have I been less than honest CurveLight?

You've got an axe to grind and I gave you the benefit of the doubt but your endorsement of the masochistic ties to the Cross seal the deal. Oh, didn't you also accuse me of "misreading" posts yet when I proved I didn't you suddenly seemed to not care. Keep playing your games and you are an example of why I don't waste much time with calling out dishonest fucks like you.

O for pity's sake. So what if the cross creeps me out? I have walked away from all of christianity; it hardly seems to matter if I find the cross creepy. (BTW, I said the Sacred Heart creeped me out, but that I could understand why the cross was as well.)

I don't understand your POV, CurveLight. You admit that you post in a VERY un-christian manner and seem to think that's excusable so long as you only attack non-christians. But you've offended Yukon, who has been a voice for kindness on this thread, and I don't see you apologizing to him. Is he a "disposable christian" to you because his posts have been inconvenient?

You seem to elevate the importance of symbols to a nutty degree and downplay or discard the principles and teachings of Christ. The fact that you find this conduct defensible or consistent with christianity is possibly more disturbing to readers than anything I could have written about the religion.

O for pity's sake. So what if the cross creeps me out? I have walked away from all of christianity; it hardly seems to matter if I find the cross creepy. (BTW, I said the Sacred Heart creeped me out, but that I could understand why the cross was as well.)

I don't understand your POV, CurveLight. You admit that you post in a VERY un-christian manner and seem to think that's excusable so long as you only attack non-christians. But you've offended Yukon, who has been a voice for kindness on this thread, and I don't see you apologizing to him. Is he a "disposable christian" to you because his posts have been inconvenient?

You seem to elevate the importance of symbols to a nutty degree and downplay or discard the principles and teachings of Christ. The fact that you find this conduct defensible or consistent with christianity is possibly more disturbing to readers than anything I could have written about the religion.

What the fuck you talking about? I'm as asshole to everyone whether they are Christian or not. My rudeness does not discriminate on anything other than bullshit positions.

Then you claim I seem to elevate the symbol of the Cross to a "nutty" level? You jackass. I'm the one that said precious metal and jeweled Crosses are bullshit.

I've simply been pointing out the ignorance of claiming the Cross has ties to masochism. That is a pure bullshit claim based on no historical facts.

It always cracks me up how whiners complain about my not being "Christian" enough. Fuck you. I'm not going to kiss your ass or anyone else's. If you want respect then earn by being honest and giving facts for your positions. People like you who whine about the "Un-Christian" manner of my posts don't give a fuck about Christianity. All you are doing is looking for another scapegoat. You got a claim to make? Then make it and back it up but don't fucking whine because you don't think my Christian lips are puckered up enough.

This is a thread about people who reject christianity, CurveLight. I don't know what "facts" you expect apart from the few auto-biographical ones I have given. Once again you seem to deliberately misread aka twist what I wrote.

I did not say you elevate the cross -- I said you elevated the importance of symbols to a nutty degree. You remind me of a priest who would murder to protect some ruin or artifact he thinks is blessed....never seeing the error of committing a grave sin chasing after a symbol of goodness.

I hardly think anyone's POV on the cross is germane to their beliefs on spirituality. Most likely, a rejection of the symbol occurs because the viewer is repulsed by the violence of the crucifixtion, as any good christian should be. I find your obession with the symbol odd in light of your apparent disregard for the other posters to this thread.

In your world, apparently symbols matter very much to you but people never do.

OK. I must be in the Twilight Zone tonight if Yukon is a voice of kindness here. Next thing I know, Dante will make sense.

This is a thread about people who reject christianity, CurveLight. I don't know what "facts" you expect apart from the few auto-biographical ones I have given. Once again you seem to deliberately misread aka twist what I wrote.

I did not say you elevate the cross -- I said you elevated the importance of symbols to a nutty degree. You remind me of a priest who would murder to protect some ruin or artifact he thinks is blessed....never seeing the error of committing a grave sin chasing after a symbol of goodness.

I hardly think anyone's POV on the cross is germane to their beliefs on spirituality. Most likely, a rejection of the symbol occurs because the viewer is repulsed by the violence of the crucifixtion, as any good christian should be. I find your obession with the symbol odd in light of your apparent disregard for the other posters to this thread.

Oh holy piss balls you are an ironic piece of work. You accused me of misreading posts but here you are doing that very thing. I've not elevated the symbol of the Cross to a nutty level and how in the hell you can compare me to a murdering priest is bizarre. Strike that. It makes perfect sense because you are blinded with rage.

Want an examle of how to use facts? Here's one. Jesus begged to avoid going through the Crucifixion. That in itself proves the masochistic claim is bullshit but you keep ignoring that. Then....lol....you say any "good" Christian should be repulsed by the violence of the Crucifixion. People being killed on Crosses is repulsive but that doesn't mean you get ignore the events that lead up to Jesus being Crucified.

Since you obviously don't like Christianity and have walked away then what makes you think I or anyone should give a shit what your opinion is on who is or is not a "good" Christian in your eyes?

Try paying attention. I'm pointing out the bullshit masochistic charge of the Cross because it gets used as a springboard to deride Christianity as a whole, as has been clearly proven on this thread.

You are a complete fucking cocksucking jackass.

Well this once again seems to be the only point you make.

And once again I will point out that begging to avoid pain does not supersede the not actually doing anything to avoid it later on. But hey, why should I try to keep helping you understand the meanings of words above your reading level?

curvelight said:
Then you claim I seem to elevate the symbol of the Cross to a "nutty" level?
Yeah you really have. Then you reject other nutcases who do the same by saying you don't like jewel encrusted crosses. Putting down other nutjobs doesn't make you less of one yourself.

Last edited:
Since you obviously don't like Christianity and have walked away then what makes you think I or anyone should give a shit what your opinion is on who is or is not a "good" Christian in your eyes?

It's not about him/her disliking Christianity per se, altho I'm sure that the baiting all stems from that. But, it's still a complete bait. Bash Christianity, say whatever insulting things can come to your mind, degrade it's symbolism and then sit back and wait for someone to take the bait. Quit taking the bait Curve, they're not worth the effort. Don't feed the trolls. :)

You are a complete fucking cocksucking jackass.

Well this once again seems to be the only point you make.

And once again I will point out that begging to avoid pain does not supersede the not actually doing anything to avoid it later on. But hey, why should I try to keep helping you understand the meanings of words above your reading level?

curvelight said:
Then you claim I seem to elevate the symbol of the Cross to a "nutty" level?
Yeah you really have. Then you reject other nutcases who do the same by saying you don't like jewel encrusted crosses. Putting down other nutjobs doesn't make you less of one yourself.

Are you in the Farmers Union? The way you cherry pick makes it look that way.

Forum List

Back