Why I Am Not A Christian

"You either accept the price he so graciously paid for us or not."

price?

what price?

seems to me that god and jesus merely faked jesus' death....

i mean
jesus IS the son of god, right?

and had all these powers...

so

I imagine you can't actually kill the son of a god...

i'll bet he doesn't even feel pain.....

the whole thing was a plant
a fake
a staged event

like the moon landing :)

"But if I were you, I wouldn't hesitate to give some thought to your eternal destiny at a minimum. ""
But remember, there is only one way to the Father and that is through the LORD Jesus Christ."

and this is where we part company

you seem to think that this makes sense....

I mean.....eternal damnation?

fiery pits of hell?

the torment of demons?

are these the acts of a sane person?

you actually RESPECT and LOVE a god that would do these things?

this god is a sick and deranged son of a bitch...

and you are WORSE for worshipping this nazi

good and decent people
whose worst crimes are that they had sex outside of marriage
or smoked pot
or merely didn't believe in the existance of a god

do NOT deserve such horrendous punishments!

THAT......
is SICK!

even if your god existed (this extremely deranged, angry and overly punitive devil that you present as your chosen deity)
I would REFUSE to worship him on principle!

unlike YOU
I have morals and ethics

unlike YOU
I will NOT sell my soul to a deranged god simply out of fear

You say that because you don't know Him. You have let your pride blind you to the actual state of man.

You think you are good? You think any of us are good? Are you honestly, telling me that you've lead a life of perfection?

You don't understand that to become like God, to inherit everything He has, we have to be perfected. And we can't do that without Him to help us.

It doesn't matter how small the imperfection, imperfection aka sin will keep you from becoming like God. You can only progress so far, and then you will be stopped or damned because you will cease to grow. That is why the Atonement was provided. So that we can overcome those limitations.

But what good is the gift if you don't accept and use it? What good is a phone if you don't call people with it? What good is a book if it's not read? What good is a bed if you sleep one the ground?

You can claw at the wall all day long, but until you walk over and climb up the ladder, you won't get to the top.

You are also wrong about our motivations. When you have felt the love of God, thoughts of damnation leave. When you experience His power, you can't help by rejuice by the pureness, goodness that exists. You are literally empowered to do anything that you need to do. Perfect love casts out all fear.

Ironically, your own post admits that Christ rose from the dead. And thankfully He did because without them we would be dead forever, having no redemption from physical death.
And what of your own pride? You are so certain that you are right and that whatever it is that you have experienced is right for everyone else. I pity fools like you.

:lol: So what? You think he's wrong, and no one is forcing you to do anything. Yet here you are calling him a fool for stating his beliefs. You've got to tear him down to make yourself feel better? I think you need to reconsider who might be in need of pity.

:lol: Exactly who here is being dishonest?

:eusa_whistle:

You fucking trolling bitch. What the hell was so ambiguous when I said I don't give a fuck what you think? I wasn't joking.

My goodness! So much wrath and animus. Usually that happens when somebody has a drinking problem, but since I do not know who the other party is I will hold off in making that assumption. But you sure look suspect. Have you ever been to an anger managment class?

"You don't understand that to become like God, to inherit everything He has, we have to be perfected. And we can't do that without Him to help us."
It's amazing that you guys can live your whole lives in a certain way because you read something in a book to which you associate some sort of magical powers. I tip my hat to you for your dedication to a fictitious novel. I guess it's better than dressing up like Harry Potter and trying to ride a broom.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you care so much how people conduct their entire lives that you need to insult and belittle them. Does that somehow make you feel better, like you're surperior to them? I don't understand how people can be hurtful to others who are doing nothing to hurt them, all because they have a different viewpoint about the meaning of life. So, guess that makes us even.

Did you ever address how Jesus said we are to pray to God for forgiveness as we forgive others?

"You don't understand that to become like God, to inherit everything He has, we have to be perfected. And we can't do that without Him to help us."
It's amazing that you guys can live your whole lives in a certain way because you read something in a book to which you associate some sort of magical powers. I tip my hat to you for your dedication to a fictitious novel. I guess it's better than dressing up like Harry Potter and trying to ride a broom.

Maybe you should ask yourself why you care so much how people conduct their entire lives that you need to insult and belittle them. Does that somehow make you feel better, like you're surperior to them? I don't understand how people can be hurtful to others who are doing nothing to hurt them, all because they have a different viewpoint about the meaning of life. So, guess that makes us even.
Do you not see how you insult and belittle others yourself? Or are you above blame because you have "The Lord" on your side?

You show where I've thrown the first insult. You've had others on here point out to you the absolutely huge chip you have on your shoulder and how crass and insulting you are, yet you continue to chose to ignore their comments as well. You have rationalizations for everything, don't you?

You say that because you don't know Him. You have let your pride blind you to the actual state of man.

You think you are good? You think any of us are good? Are you honestly, telling me that you've lead a life of perfection?

You don't understand that to become like God, to inherit everything He has, we have to be perfected. And we can't do that without Him to help us.

It doesn't matter how small the imperfection, imperfection aka sin will keep you from becoming like God. You can only progress so far, and then you will be stopped or damned because you will cease to grow. That is why the Atonement was provided. So that we can overcome those limitations.

But what good is the gift if you don't accept and use it? What good is a phone if you don't call people with it? What good is a book if it's not read? What good is a bed if you sleep one the ground?

You can claw at the wall all day long, but until you walk over and climb up the ladder, you won't get to the top.

You are also wrong about our motivations. When you have felt the love of God, thoughts of damnation leave. When you experience His power, you can't help by rejuice by the pureness, goodness that exists. You are literally empowered to do anything that you need to do. Perfect love casts out all fear.

Ironically, your own post admits that Christ rose from the dead. And thankfully He did because without them we would be dead forever, having no redemption from physical death.
And what of your own pride? You are so certain that you are right and that whatever it is that you have experienced is right for everyone else. I pity fools like you.

:lol: So what? You think he's wrong, and no one is forcing you to do anything. Yet here you are calling him a fool for stating his beliefs. You've got to tear him down to make yourself feel better? I think you need to reconsider who might be in need of pity.

You are drawn to this thread like a moth to the flame. You just can't stay away. Sorry that you don't approve of non Christian's sharing their thoughts but these things are permitted at USMB. Try to deal.

Exactly, that's his viewpoint. You have yours, he has his, I see no need to belittle what he believes or how he feels. He opinion isn't affecting your life in any way, just like yours isn't affecting his. See how simple it is? Why people are so thin skinned and defensive that they have to hurl insults is what is puzzling.
So why do you continue to insult me? To call me a liar when I express my opinions and to encourage ScurvyDelight's abuse of me and others? Are only those whose opinions you approve of allowed respect? You are always on the defensive, Newby. I think your faith must be very fragile, thus your need to play victim.

Where have I called you a liar? I've only called you out on your obvious bias and trolling.

And I leave playing the victim to you sweetie, you do it so well. :razz:

You are drawn to this thread like a moth to the flame. You just can't stay away. Sorry that you don't approve of non Christian's sharing their thoughts but these things are permitted at USMB. Try to deal.

:lol: :lol: That takes balls talking about me not staying away from this thread, take a look in the mirror dear.

And don't put words into my mouth that I didn't say. I have never once said I didn't approve of non Christians sharing their thoughts, it's you who attacks and bashes every christian on here who dares to show their thoughts. Every comment that's been made by a christian in this thread has been responded to by you with insults and bashing. It's in black and white for all to see and read.

Do you not see how you insult and belittle others yourself? Or are you above blame because you have "The Lord" on your side?

You show where I've thrown the first insult. You've had others on here point out to you the absolutely huge chip you have on your shoulder and how crass and insulting you are, yet you continue to chose to ignore their comments as well. You have rationalizations for everything, don't you?
You are only one playing that, "you have a chip on your shoulder" card. You have been obnoxious to me in other similar threads. You seem to be the one with some kind of chip on her shoulder. Why is it you don't accept that some people chose not to be Christian?

Exactly, that's his viewpoint. You have yours, he has his, I see no need to belittle what he believes or how he feels. He opinion isn't affecting your life in any way, just like yours isn't affecting his. See how simple it is? Why people are so thin skinned and defensive that they have to hurl insults is what is puzzling.
So why do you continue to insult me? To call me a liar when I express my opinions and to encourage ScurvyDelight's abuse of me and others? Are only those whose opinions you approve of allowed respect? You are always on the defensive, Newby. I think your faith must be very fragile, thus your need to play victim.

You don't simply "express" your opinion you dishonest fuck. You troll then play victim every single time. Then....lol....you accuse others for having thin skin while claiming I "abuse" you and others.

This

Is

A

Fucking

Board

How in the hell in your twisted play-the-victim world you can fit "abuse" into your fantasy world is amusingly sad.

"Whaaa! Whaaa! Curvelight called me a name! Mom. Mom! Mommieeeeeee! I need (sniff sniff, swallows hard) a new band-aid! Mommieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"

You are only one playing that, "you have a chip on your shoulder" card. You have been obnoxious to me in other similar threads. You seem to be the one with some kind of chip on her shoulder. Why is it you don't accept that some people chose not to be Christian?

Why do you have to attribute opinions to others that they don't have? Is that the best you got? I've responded to you here and in other threads when you start your trolling and bashing of those that don't think like you do, then you turn around and try to play the victim just as you are here. Your MO is well known. :lol:

Where have I called you a liar? I've only called you out on your obvious bias and trolling.

You're too clever to say liar out right. You just call me dishonest and say I pretended not to know Christian theology. But it's the same thing. I wish some Christians with an honest desire to debate and understand other points of view would join this thread. But it seems like the more intelligent and rational ones are avoiding it. Perhaps they do not want to be seen in bad company such as yourself and CurveBall.

:lol: :lol: That takes balls talking about me not staying away from this thread, take a look in the mirror dear.

And don't put words into my mouth that I didn't say. I have never once said I didn't approve of non Christians sharing their thoughts, it's you who attacks and bashes every christian on here who dares to show their thoughts. Every comment that's been made by a christian in this thread has been responded to by you with insults and bashing. It's in black and white for all to see and read.

:cuckoo:

You're too clever to say liar out right. You just call me dishonest and say I pretended not to know Christian theology. But it's the same thing. I wish some Christians with an honest desire to debate and understand other points of view would join this thread. But it seems like the more intelligent and rational ones are avoiding it. Perhaps they do not want to be seen in bad company such as yourself and CurveBall.

No, I have no idea what background you have. All I see is an apparent hatred towards anything Christian, so I speculated on several different things. Judging by your posts and your reponses, you have no clue, nor do you desire too, what meaning the Bible has. So, instead of educating yourself and having an open mind, you just continue to insult others who have found peace and value in it. Only you know the answer as to why that is.

:cuckoo:

Cop out, but whatever. Go back and read any sincere post on here by a Chritian trying to explain how and why they believe as they do and look at your responses to them.

You don't simply "express" your opinion you dishonest fuck. You troll then play victim every single time. Then....lol....you accuse others for having thin skin while claiming I "abuse" you and others.

This

Is

A

Fucking

Board

How in the hell in your twisted play-the-victim world you can fit "abuse" into your fantasy world is amusingly sad.

"Whaaa! Whaaa! Curvelight called me a name! Mom. Mom! Mommieeeeeee! I need (sniff sniff, swallows hard) a new band-aid! Mommieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!"
Dream on. Your insults are juvenile.

I'm actually beginning to believe you are doing a satire of religious nut. If so, Bravo! :clap2:

This

Is

A

Fucking

Board

Dream on. Your insults are juvenile.

I'm actually beginning to believe you are doing a satire of religious nut. If so, Bravo! :clap2:

Degrading and insulting those who have beliefs. Yet you're the 'victime' here, right? It's such a knee jerk reaction with you that you don't even recognize you're doing it apparently. But, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

CurveLight, if you are done posting to this thread, that's fine (though I don't know why you'd need to announce it). I think everyone else can decide for themselves if the convo still has value.

I have a question for Newby: there does seem to be some anger in what you've written. I won't say it hasn't been provoked, but I wonder -- why on a thread about spirituality are so many people so angry? As for being open minded and "learning what the bible says", isn't that a sub rosa way of insinuating only christians "have it right"? I don't see the mutual respect from you I had hoped to. It seems to me that almost all the christians who have replied (and no, Newby, I don't expect you to speak for anyone else) strongly believe that the beliefs of non-christians are defective and they will suffer for holding them. Is that how you feel? Can you understand why others would be put off by such a belief? I'm unsure why it is essential to your belief system that you form opinions about what will happen to me and others like me.....I have all I can do to manage the ethos of my own life. I don't understand how you can embrace a belief that this is not just right for you, but for everyone else -- and they'll suffer if they don't share your belief.

Is it really so hard to understand why someone might examine christianity in detail and still reject it? For some people, like me, the concepts and rules and symbols just do not resonate -- is that a basis on which to condemn anyone?

CurveLight, if you are done posting to this thread, that's fine (though I don't know why you'd need to announce it). I think everyone else can decide for themselves if the convo still has value.

I have a question for Newby: there does seem to be some anger in what you've written. I won't say it hasn't been provoked, but I wonder -- why on a thread about spirituality are so many people so angry? As for being open minded and "learning what the bible says", isn't that a sub rosa way of insinuating only christians "have it right"? I don't see the mutual respect from you I had hoped to. It seems to me that almost all the christians who have replied (and no, Newby, I don't expect you to speak for anyone else) strongly believe that the beliefs of non-christians are defective and they will suffer for holding them. Is that how you feel? Can you understand why others would be put off by such a belief? I'm unsure why it is essential to your belief system that you form opinions about what will happen to me and others like me.....I have all I can do to manage the ethos of my own life. I don't understand how you can embrace a belief that this is not just right for you, but for everyone else -- and they'll suffer if they don't share your belief.

Is it really so hard to understand why someone might examine christianity in detail and still reject it? For some people, like me, the concepts and rules and symbols just do not resonate -- is that a basis on which to condemn anyone?

You're being a hypocrite and dishonest. You don't say a fucking word when Christianity is bashed. I can't speak for anyone else but my anger is not from any position. It's from the fact people make claims to try and justify their bashing but ignore relevent facts. It also comes from deception being practiced by people like you. Don't try to pretend you're rolling on some high ground. You've seen messed up shit posted in this thread and as long as it was directed in line with your agenda you didn't say shit.

Forum List

Back