Why is it always Atheists vs Christians?

A number of false assumptions. I have no need to scream out anything. Secondly, you make a common mistake of assigning Atheism as a religion. It is not a religion.

Yes, nothing as dogmatic and aggressive in proselytizing as Atheism could be a religion...

If you had done your homework and actually did some research, you would have discovered that religion actually "wins" In the human destruction contest.

You mean, if I accept utter falsehood? (It's "not a religion," yet the followers still feel a need to lie to justify it - funny dat.)

Want to test it?

You have, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, and even the Aztec cults.

But I raise you a Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, Pol Pot and Castro.

Ooops.

Have you ever met a Muslim who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Muslims assholes? Of course not!​

Have you ever met a Christian who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Christians assholes? Of course not!​

You see a pattern here?

Have you ever met an Atheist who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Athiests assholes? Of course not!​

So the problem is Assholeists. Something's got to be done about the Assholeists!

Hmm, not sure what you're getting at. I've presented no dichotomy. Just pointing out a glaring logical fallacy. You're calling atheism 'the religion of death' because it was endorsed by despotic regimes. Skipping over the obvious category error (it's not a religion),

ROFL

Right, Richard Dawkins isn't another Oral Roberts or something....

you're making general claims about atheism based on the actions of some atheists, which is no more rational than blaming Christianity for the actions of some Christians, or any other guilt-by-association construct.

We've been down this path a hundred times. I am an Agnostic. I neither accept nor reject the notion of a god. Atheism is the affirmative rejection of the possibility of a god or the supernatural. Their is no evidence to support such a position, ergo Atheism is based on faith.

O.k., I'm beginning to understand you...

You seem to take atheism WAY more importantly than I'm used to.

For me, it's simply not taking seriously the ancient stories of origins. Nothing to hate, nothing to promote... simply enjoying the freedom of riding Mother Earth on a wave of Father Time.

A number of false assumptions. I have no need to scream out anything. Secondly, you make a common mistake of assigning Atheism as a religion. It is not a religion.

Yes, nothing as dogmatic and aggressive in proselytizing as Atheism could be a religion...

If you had done your homework and actually did some research, you would have discovered that religion actually "wins" In the human destruction contest.

You mean, if I accept utter falsehood? (It's "not a religion," yet the followers still feel a need to lie to justify it - funny dat.)

Want to test it?

You have, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, and even the Aztec cults.

But I raise you a Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Ho, Pol Pot and Castro.

Ooops.

Have you ever met a Muslim who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Muslims assholes? Of course not!
Have you ever met a Christian who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Christians assholes? Of course not!
You see a pattern here?

Have you ever met an Atheist who was an asshole?
:dunno: Does that make all Athiests assholes? Of course not!

No but it makes the hysterical ones comparable to the hysterical zealots of any religion.

Which is the point.

Hmm, not sure what you're getting at. I've presented no dichotomy. Just pointing out a glaring logical fallacy. You're calling atheism 'the religion of death' because it was endorsed by despotic regimes. Skipping over the obvious category error (it's not a religion),

ROFL

Right, Richard Dawkins isn't another Oral Roberts or something....

you're making general claims about atheism based on the actions of some atheists, which is no more rational than blaming Christianity for the actions of some Christians, or any other guilt-by-association construct.

We've been down this path a hundred times. I am an Agnostic. I neither accept nor reject the notion of a god. Atheism is the affirmative rejection of the possibility of a god or the supernatural. Their is no evidence to support such a position, ergo Atheism is based on faith.

O.k., I'm beginning to understand you...

You seem to take atheism WAY more importantly than I'm used to.

For me, it's simply not taking seriously the ancient stories of origins. Nothing to hate, nothing to promote... simply enjoying the freedom of riding Mother Earth on a wave of Father Time.

Nicely stated. That helps put a finer point on what has not been addressed adequately.

Possibly, in some small way, Atheism helps humanity to turn attention away from supernatural realms that don't exist, and instead focuses our attention on issues and problems surrounding us here on earth, here during life. What good does it do to look upwards towards a heaven, while devastating the planet or slaughtering people and animals with wanton disregard for morality or our stewardship of this planet?

Yeah, those Albanians certainly showed us how civilized atheists are...

And the Russians...

And the Mexicans during their brief anti-Church blitz....

And the Chinese......

Yeah, thank goodness we have atheists to show us how to regard morality and planet stewardship, and how NOT to slaughter people (and animals? Wtf?)

Can we all agree that we don't like assholes, even politically powerful assholes, no matter what gods they have on their shelves?

Sure. I don't like assholes.

I also don't like atheists who race around the internets telling lies in an attempt to drum up support of legislation that eliminates freedom of religion, and justifies killing babies.

They're a special kind of asshole, in my book. Above and beyond the regular garden variety.

And the Russians...

And the Chinese......

Yeah, thank goodness we have atheists to show us how to regard morality and planet stewardship, and how NOT to slaughter people (and animals? Wtf?)

If you feel better about your religion and the damage it has done to humanity by pointing out that others have acted horrifically, good for you.

I agree, the Russians, Chinese and Mexicans are as horrific as Christians are.

Sure. I don't like assholes.

I also don't like atheists who race around the internets telling lies in an attempt to drum up support of legislation that eliminates freedom of religion, and justifies killing babies.

They're a special kind of asshole, in my book. Above and beyond the regular garden variety.

Be honest. You're not a garden variety hater, you're a fundie christian, "the gods are on my side", evangelical, "kill'em all" kind og hater.

And the Russians...

And the Chinese......

If you feel better about your religion and the damage it has done to humanity by pointing out that others have acted horrifically, good for you.

Actually, I'm pointing out ATHEIST STATES that have acted horrifically.

In response to your repeated, unsubstantiated claims that Christians persecute people willy-nilly and need to be moderated by an atheist state.

And the Russians...

And the Chinese......

Actually, I'm pointing out ATHEIST STATES that have acted horrifically.

In response to your repeated, unsubstantiated claims that Christians persecute people willy-nilly and need to be moderated by an atheist state.

Christianity has already been moderated (leashed), by a secular state: the US. Don't you see the dangers of allowing the religiously insane not being leashed?

Read you own posts.

Here's how atheists moderate Christianity, if they manage to gain the support of the state:

persecution13.jpg

Christians don't need to be moderated by an atheist state. Rather, religious people sometimes have to be moderated by a secular state. The state should be secular, and the people should have religious freedom. The moderation should come in only when necessary, for example any time a religious practice DOES interfere with others' freedoms. I think the atheists tend to exaggerate the coercive behavior of Christians, but it does not remove the necessity for a secular government in a free society, nor the necessity for religious freedom.

Forum List

Back