Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

Love thy neighbor is a commandment, and supersedes all other extensions except earlier commandments.

If we can not even try to do this on textual base forum.... :eusa_pray:

You ought to take a lesson from Foxfyre, because you really aren't winning anyone over with talk of fire and brimstone. You're just trying to make yourself feel better.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but I seem to recall you neg repping me twice on the same day when I pretty much argued the same points in a different context. Make up your mind. :)

I do not rep too often, let alone the same person twice in one day, LET ALONE on that point. Perhaps you are confusing me for someone else, or misinterpreting why you were negged. I have no recollection either way, but the point remains that religion should not be used as a weapon to harm others.

You ought to take a lesson from Foxfyre, because you really aren't winning anyone over with talk of fire and brimstone. You're just trying to make yourself feel better.

Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but I seem to recall you neg repping me twice on the same day when I pretty much argued the same points in a different context. Make up your mind. :)

I do not rep too often, let alone the same person twice in one day, LET ALONE on that point. Perhaps you are confusing me for someone else, or misinterpreting why you were negged. I have no recollection either way, but the point remains that religion should not be used as a weapon to harm others.

No, I am not confusing you with anyone else. But I agree that religion should not be used as a weapon to harm anything.

That's why the Jews had him murdered, he gave the true gospel to the gentile after they abused it for so many years.
this is wrong, Jesus did not take His message to the gentile, that came after His death and resurrection

Then by all means simply serve one person each day without that person knowing. Don't worry about Jesus. Let Him worry about you, and you will be fine.
He's dead.

yes.gif
and rose again,

But not come again.

That's why the Jews had him murdered, he gave the true gospel to the gentile after they abused it for so many years.
this is wrong, Jesus did not take His message to the gentile, that came after His death and resurrection

Three times Jesus healed or otherwise served individual gentiles, but, divecon is correct, that Jesus did not take the gospel of salvation to the gentiles.

Three times Jesus healed or otherwise served individual gentiles, but, divecon is correct, that Jesus did not take the gospel of salvation to the gentiles.

he sent it by paul.

he sent it by paul.
yes, but that was after His death and resurrection
the gospel was to the Jew first, then the gentile
anyone that claims otherwise is teaching a falsehood

as individuals, yes, because they came to him
Jesus did not seek them out

Paul took the gospel to the Jews, with much initial confusion and discontent from Peter among others.

Matt. 20:17 And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,

18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,

19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify [him]: and the third day he shall rise again.

Matt 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matt. 20:17 And Jesus going up to Jerusalem took the twelve disciples apart in the way, and said unto them,

18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,

19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify [him]: and the third day he shall rise again.

Matt 28:19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
go who?

This is the reason we as Jews should not get into these Christian discussions, No good can come of it in my opinion. Stay out of it let the Christians discuss it among themselves

Note that Jake agreed with you.

This is why we must take place in all discussions. Because there are those who wish to gag us.

It will not happen with this Jew....

I've too much love for both their side and ours...

For that's the proof of the spiritual connection. Love.

If the emotions are of base negativity, it does not come from G-d.

We know where it comes from. Love thy neighbor is a commandment, and supersedes all other extensions except earlier commandments.

And as humans, we all fail.

But I try. My Lord, who I love, knows I try.

Who is trying to gag you? :eusa_hand:

Paul took the gospel to the Jews, with much initial confusion and discontent from Peter among others.
you must mean Paul took the gospel to the gentile, not the Jews

You are 100% right, and I corrected it above. Thank you,

What? Paul took the Gospel to the Jews as well and nearly got himself killed. Some Bible scholars believe God allowed it because God called him to the Gentiles but Paul wanted to deliver the message to the Jews anyway.

10 And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 When he had come to us, he took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’”
12 Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”​
(Acts 21)

you must mean Paul took the gospel to the gentile, not the Jews

What? Paul took the Gospel to the Jews as well and nearly got himself killed. Some Bible scholars believe God allowed it because God called him to the Gentiles but Paul wanted to deliver the message to the Jews anyway.

10 And as we stayed many days, a certain prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. 11 When he had come to us, he took Paul’s belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.’”
12 Now when we heard these things, both we and those from that place pleaded with him not to go up to Jerusalem. 13 Then Paul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.”
14 So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “The will of the Lord be done.”​
(Acts 21)

I do believe I hear echoes of Charles Taze Russell and the student bible movement in the decades before 1900. If you do believe along those lines, you should share with us, JenT.

(Acts 21)

I do believe I hear echoes of Charles Taze Russell and the student bible movement in the decades before 1900. If you do believe along those lines, you should share with us, JenT.

sorry, never heard of him

Ropey, do you believe disagreement is a form of gagging here?

I believe that when a Christian does what you did with Mike, it is only for proselytizing and done in the most rude way a civil society is allowed.

There is a gentle way, and those who attempt the hard way do it without any love for man in their heart.

They care more about what they want to do than the result of their machinations.

And you don't see it. I doubt if I can explain it any better though and normally I would not even respond since it becomes an us and them argument which allows others to jump in and attack.

I choose to stay out of those kinds of things. Had you said to me, what you said to Mike. I would not have responded.

He chose to say Jesus is dead. For our belief, that's correct. He is only a man who died.

Now I wouldn't have said that, it's not my way. But as a response to your post, it is clearly understandable on a spiritual level.

Aside from Judaism or Christianity.

Spirituality is not about fulfilling your design. It's not about me fulfilling my design. You talk about helping people and then you did what to Mike.

Sorry, not my way at all.

Forum List

Back