Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

I know!! If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth ... Leftist 101.

You STILL haven't proven your statement to be true ... I believe it is false...

You believe in a magic Fairy in the sky you call God and you think George W. Bush was a good president.

Please go back and read what I posted at the top of page 35. Yes, there are pilots and professors making shit starvation wages despite their skills.

That not all are is irrelvent to the conversation. That the "Average" is higher than that is irrelvant to the conversation.

First of all, you have no idea what my religious affiliation might be, nor are you the least bit aware of my opinion about GW Bush. However, as is your modus operandi, you don't let facts interfere with your mindless screeching. You make accusations, without merit, and somehow seemingly believe this constitutes intelligent commentary.

I read you page 35 post - and I have challenged it three times. All three times you have simply ignored the question, and restated the same old BS without amplifying on your statement.

I have provided you two credible sources that dispute your accusation. You attempt to take an exception and make it a rule. You attempt to take an irrelevancy and make it the norm.

In short, you are intellectually dishonest and morally lazy. Either prove your statement, or apologize.

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

I am a big supporter of increasing the minimum wage to $10 per hour, but not to $15, although I could see that in some of the biggest cities like New York, San Francisco, and LA where the cost of living is much higher than other parts of the country.

I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com

I am a big supporter of increasing the minimum wage to $10 per hour, but not to $15, although I could see that in some of the biggest cities like New York, San Francisco, and LA where the cost of living is much higher than other parts of the country.

Auditor - I assume you are capable of intelligent discussion without personal attacks and ridiculous diatribes, unlike most of the people who post here.

Why do you think $10 is appropriate? Have you considered the impact of such a change? What about the ripple effect?

I read you page 35 post - and I have challenged it three times. All three times you have simply ignored the question, and restated the same old BS without amplifying on your statement.

my page 35 statement is definitive. If you have ANY percentage of pilots or professors making starvation wages, then the lie is put to, "if you want to make better wages, get better skills". I'm sorry you don't get that, you bible thumping retard. These people got the skills, probably put years and years of study into them. But a big, rich corporation or institution that is paying millions to "investors" and "Hedge funds" are paying them starvation wages, because they can.

Now, if you want to argue Mom and Pop's store can't afford to pay a living wage, that's a different discussion. But WalMart and McDonald's are not Mom and Pop stores. They are big, multi-billion dollar corporations.

Auditor - I assume you are capable of intelligent discussion without personal attacks and ridiculous diatribes, unlike most of the people who post here.

Why do you think $10 is appropriate? Have you considered the impact of such a change? What about the ripple effect?

I think $12.00 will be better. and frankly, if you can't pay the help a living wage, you shouldn't be in business.

If people are dumb enough to apply for being a burger flipper then then deserve low wages. Leave those jobs unfilled. Nobody apply. Everyone wins then. But no, people apply anyway. Dumb.

again, we have professors and airline pilots making low wages. Getting skills isn't the answer.
Disagree. You are paid for the worth you bring the person that pays you. The more skills you have the more you get paid.

I think $12.00 will be better. and frankly, if you can't pay the help a living wage, you shouldn't be in business.

That makes absolutely no sense at all ... you amaze me with your business naivete. You somehow think throwing around a bunch of terms, most of which you clearly don't understand (and use to your everlasting embarrassment), is supposed to paint you as an expert.

Hardly ....

That makes absolutely no sense at all ... you amaze me with your business naivete. You somehow think throwing around a bunch of terms, most of which you clearly don't understand (and use to your everlasting embarrassment), is supposed to paint you as an expert.

Guy, you rightwingers lost any ability to credibly argue "economics" after 2008.

2008 proved you just don't know what you are talking about.

Guy, you rightwingers lost any ability to credibly argue "economics" after 2008.

Wrong. Right-wingers didn't have anything to do with 2008.

Dear fast food workers,

The current minimum wage is substantially lower now than it has been in the past. Raising the minimum wage has not hurt job growth in the past. There is no legitimate reason to believe that it will now, unless of course we raise it to levels that make no sense at all. The funny thing about the minimum wage is that close to half of all states already have higher minimums than the federal minimum. On a side note, raising the minimum to $10 will move a lot of people who are currently receiving government assistance off of that assistance.

:rolleyes:

Right.

Actually, 2008 happened because you guys got EVERYTHING you wanted. A deregulated banking industry, free trade, union busting. enjoy it, own it.

The banking industry wasn't deregulated, so your claim is absurd on its face. There has been no "union busting" either. There simply hasn't been government horning in on the Union side to cram organized labor's agenda down our throats. Also, free trade doesn't cause recessions, so that's a non sequitur.

The banking industry wasn't deregulated, so your claim is absurd on its face. There has been no "union busting" either. There simply hasn't been government horning in on the Union side to cram organized labor's agenda down our throats. Also, free trade doesn't cause recessions, so that's a non sequitur.

The banking industry wasn't deregulated?

How Deregulation Fueled the Financial Crisis The Market Oracle Financial Markets Analysis Forecasting Free Website

Fundamental and pragmatic banking regulations, which arose from the devastating financial collapses of the Great Depression , for decades strengthened U.S. banks and capital markets, making them the twin engines of American growth and the envy of the world.

The systematic dismantling of those same regulations by greedy bankers began in earnest in 1980, peaked in 1999, and finally climaxed with an insane Securities and Exchange Commission ruling in April 2004, a final decision that paved the way for the implosion of everything regulation was designed to protect.

The fact that unions have declined to 11% of the workforce decimated the middle class, which means we had no firewall when the fire started.

And Free Trade means we've been running half a trillion dollar trade decifits every year for decades. You really don't think that sending trillions of dollars and millions of jobs to other countries hasn't weakened our economy?

I wonder if you understand that no one believe that. Unless they are some sort of whacked out right winger like you. Which, hopefully, makes that a pretty small number. Cause you be fucking crazy.

Forum List

Back