Why should government be kept smaller, and restricted to only certain tasks?

Why would anyone want a government restricted to only certain tasks?

Why would anyone want a government that wasn't allowed to take all their property on a whim?

I have no idea.

In over 235 years, I have never seen my government take property on a whim
You're 235 years old?. Wow.

Anyways, it's clear that you don't want government kept small and restricted in any way.

You are dismissed.

Why would anyone want a government that wasn't allowed to take all their property on a whim?

I have no idea.

Anyways, it's clear that you don't want government kept small and restricted in any way.

You are dismissed.

You still have not addressed my question

Why would you want to restrict the size of the government and the tasks they perform?

Why would anyone want a government restricted to only certain tasks?
If the rationale behind keeping a strict lid on the monopoly on the proactive use of force isn't self-evident to you, it's highly doubtful that any explanation would suffice.

Actually, it isn't obvious

Maybe you can explain why you want to restrict our country to a small government?

Because government is a monopoly on the use of force. It's like asking why you would want to use the minimum amount of dynamite possible to dislodge a boulder.

You are dismissed.

Why would you want to restrict the size of the government and the tasks they perform?

Everything government does is based on force, on holding guns on people. I realize you enjoy that kind of thing, but the rational among us don't.

You are dismissed.

Everything government does is based on force, on holding guns on people. I realize you enjoy that kind of thing, but the rational among us don't.

You are being ridiculous finger boy

The Government does what the voters elected them to do. Just because most Americans don't agree with you is no reason to whin about "force"

You are dismissed.

I would restrict its size because there are rather few instances in real life where the proactive use of force -the kind of force that can really harm real people- is morally* called for.

*As defined by whether a given alleged transgressor committed a deliberately malicious or criminally negligent act.

But it's plain to see that your model of governance is far more interested in utilizing that monopoly of force for the purpose of central engineering of human behavior.

Then, the biggest mob writes the rules.

The Government does what the voters elected them to do. Just because most Americans don't agree with you is no reason to whin about "force"

I don't whine. I state obvious facts. all laws are enforced with guns. If there was no penalty for disobeying them, then why would anyone who is inconvenienced by them obey them? When corporations don't conform with government regulations, men with guns show up to make them.

Only idiots fail to understand that behind every law is a gun.

Last edited:
The point is, I didn't say business development was wrong. I said targeted tax incentives are wrong. My opinion is based on a respect for equal protection and rule of law.

I don't agree at all, except for Walmart. A company that in 2012 made 15.1B in cash profit, paid 0.01% effective Federal tax, displaces 1.4 jobs for everyone created, then dumps their employee healthcare on the taxpayers should be made to pay back every cent.

in 2010 Walmart earned a profit of $21.9 billion and paid $7.1 billion in income taxes so their effective tax rate was 32%.

The claim that it "displaces" 1.4 jobs for every job it creates is purely made up data.

Here ya go. Direct from faux news cousin.....Your own effective tax calculator!

What Is Your Effective Tax Rate? - WSJ.com

I don't agree at all, except for Walmart. A company that in 2012 made 15.1B in cash profit, paid 0.01% effective Federal tax, displaces 1.4 jobs for everyone created, then dumps their employee healthcare on the taxpayers should be made to pay back every cent.

in 2010 Walmart earned a profit of $21.9 billion and paid $7.1 billion in income taxes so their effective tax rate was 32%.

The claim that it "displaces" 1.4 jobs for every job it creates is purely made up data.

Here ya go. Direct from faux news cousin.....Your own effective tax calculator!

What Is Your Effective Tax Rate? - WSJ.com

Note that the field on the right is labeled "Total INCOME"

I don't whine. I state obvious facts. all laws are enforce with guns. If there was no penalty for disobeying them, then why would anyone who is inconvenienced by them obey them? When corporations don't conform with government regulations, men with guns show up make them.

You are whining finger boy

Laws are enforced by guns, that is why we have a police force

Are you claiming roads, bridges, social programs are enforced by guns or are you just being a whiny bitch?

I don't whine. I state obvious facts. all laws are enforce with guns. If there was no penalty for disobeying them, then why would anyone who is inconvenienced by them obey them? When corporations don't conform with government regulations, men with guns show up make them.

Are you claiming roads, bridges, social programs are enforced by guns or are you just being a whiny bitch?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm claiming.

Yea...yea

We know you are an anarchist and don't recognize the advantage of functioning as a society

Yea...yea

We know you are an anarchist and don't recognize the advantage of functioning as a society

Society is one thing. Government is another. Whether it's advantageous to have a government, the bottom line is that everything government does is done at gunpoint. it appears you have conceded that point.

Forum List

Back