Why should there be “universal background checks” for firearms sales and transfers?

To follow your logic.

Too many idiot 18, 19 and 20 year old vote for Democrats that have an agenda to destroy this country so that is a reason to prevent that age group from voting.

Also, that age group has a disproportionate number of auto accidents because they drive too wild so we should prevent them from driving.
Go explain your idea to Florida and let me know when it goes anywhere.

Background checks are bad for the following three reasons.

1. The don't work. Past behavior is no guarantee of future behavior.

2. It is guilty until proven innocence, which against American judicial values.

3. It is getting government permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed in the Bill of Rights to not be infringed upon. If we need government permission for the rights in the Bill of Rights then the BORs isn't worth the paper it is written on, is it?

Go explain your idea to Florida and let me know when it goes anywhere.
We had a stupid weak RINO Governor that had his head up his RINO ass and went along with the destructive Democrat shit.

By the way, 18 year olds in Florida can legally own and use a rifle, The stupid bill just says they can't buy one from a licensed firearm dealer. Dumb ass bill.

We had a stupid weak RINO Governor that had his head up his RINO ass and went along with the destructive Democrat shit.

By the way, 18 year olds in Florida can legally own and use a rifle, The stupid bill just says they can't buy one from a licensed firearm dealer. Dumb ass bill.
Right. So Florida didn't see any sense in what you're suggesting and neither do I.

how is that enforced? how am i gonna do a background check on my neighbor? who’s gonna pay for it?

So far as I can tell, the only real way to enforce a UBC law is via a gun registry system, where any sale of a gun gets logged. I would assume the cost of the transaction and subsequent background check would be on the buyer.

There is a billboard on a highway 130 over in Texas advertising a gun you can buy at a local gun shop. "Make 1,000 yard hits". I'll take my chances with being bludgeoned, strangled, burned, poison or ran over.
I don't think people being shot from 1000 yards away is a serious problem here.

Then we should require background checks before selling a car because you could be selling it to somebody that has a history of DUIs, right?
The state doesn't care how many DUI's a car buyer has. They issue a license (plate) anyway.

Right. So Florida didn't see any sense in what you're suggesting and neither do I.
There is absolutely no sense in denying 18, 19 and 20 year olds their Constitutional right. I would love to see the Supremes overturn the Florida law as an unconstitutional infringement.

Just like there is no sense in getting permission from the filthy government in the form of passing a background check before being allowed to enjoy the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.

So far as I can tell, the only real way to enforce a UBC law is via a gun registry system, where any sale of a gun gets logged. I would assume the cost of the transaction and subsequent background check would be on the buyer.
and that is the real problem isnt it,,
every time in history where a registration existed a confiscation came next and ended in millions of deaths,,

so do you still support that??

The state doesn't care how many DUI's a car buyer has. They issue a license (plate) anyway.
If the logic is that you shouldn't be allowed to sell something to somebody that might commit a crime with it or use it for illegal purposes then that would cover a great deal more items than firearms.

and that is the real problem isnt it,,
every time in history where a registration existed a confiscation came next and ended in millions of deaths,,

so do you still support that??
I do not support a gun registry and certainly not confiscation unless it's court-ordered and can be appealed or reversed. However, I still do not want non-FFL people selling guns without a BC at gun shows. I think the law should require any vendor at a gun show to be an FFL dealer, no license = no selling inside the gun show. And I'd probably have a couple of cops or armed security guards outside the show to prevent purchases there.

IMHO, we should be looking at ways to keep guns out of the hands or anyone who can't pass a BC without infringing on the 2nd Amendment rights of the rest of us.

I do not support a gun registry and certainly not confiscation unless it's court-ordered and can be appealed or reversed. However, I still do not want non-FFL people selling guns without a BC at gun shows. I think the law should require any vendor at a gun show to be an FFL dealer, no license = no selling inside the gun show. And I'd probably have a couple of cops or armed security guards outside the show to prevent purchases there.

IMHO, we should be looking at ways to keep guns out of the hands or anyone who can't pass a BC without infringing on the 2nd Amendment rights of the rest of us.
why does it matter if its at a gun show or a walmart parking lot?? youre either being dishonest or are already brainwashed,,

hate to break it to you but a BGC violates the 2nd already,, and if its safety youre looking for sadly that can never be the case,,

See....you expose yourself.....
See, you don't want to solve gun violence.
One felony is all you need,
As if only felonies matter.
DUIs don't matter.....
Sure, drunks and guns mix well.
Misdemeanors?
Mis-demeanor assault isn't serious to you? What if you'r charged with family violence and the charges are dropped? Should that register? If you say yes...you obviously don't have any idea why those charges get dropped.

Background checks are bad for the following three reasons.

1. The don't work. Past behavior is no guarantee of future behavior.

2. It is guilty until proven innocence, which against American judicial values.

3. It is getting government permission to enjoy a right that is guaranteed in the Bill of Rights to not be infringed upon. If we need government permission for the rights in the Bill of Rights then the BORs isn't worth the paper it is written on, is it?
So as for #2 (appropriately numbered by the way)...someone who is out on bail hasn't been convicted. They should keep their arsenal in tact?

See, you don't want to solve gun violence.

As if only felonies matter.

Sure, drunks and guns mix well.

Mis-demeanor assault isn't serious to you? What if you'r charged with family violence and the charges are dropped? Should that register? If you say yes...you obviously don't have any idea why those charges get dropped.
You don't want to solve gun violence....

Proof in that is you simply are parroting things you hear on MSDNC, and you have no clue what it even is

Forum List

Back