Why should there be “universal background checks” for firearms sales and transfers?

Klebold and Harris had multiple explosive devices that didn't go off. Why? Because we don't have bombing ranges (yet) to where gun/bomb nuts can perfect their technique as we have with gun ranges.

So again, a gun nut without a gun is less deadly than a gun nut with a bomb. For the time being.
So guns won out that day....because they were available.

So - nobody has a valid reason not to pass a federal UBC law, or at least I haven't seen one. We don't know how many guns have been bought at a gun show from a non-FFL seller where no BC was done, but I guess that's okay. We don't know how many shootings have occurred by someone with one of those guns, not just a mass shooting but any shooting. We don't know that, but I guess that's okay. And until such a federal UBC law is passed we don't know how many people will be shot in the future as a result, but I guess that's okay too.

Would any law-abiding citizen be denied his/her 2nd Amendment rights? NO. They gotta pass a BC anyway to buy a gun at a store that sells them or online, or even from an FFL vender at a gun show.

But who does get denied their 2nd Amendment rights? The people who can't pass a BC. Maybe they'll get a gun some other way, by stealing one or buying one on the street or through a 3rd party that can pass the BC. That UBC law wouldn't be perfect, right? All it does is close off one avenue to acquire a gun, and IMHO that is not a bad thing. And the thing is this, how is anyone else harmed? It's no skin off my ass, right? Or yours, so where's the beef?

With that, I'm done here. Have a nice day.

You have been given actual reasons… you just don’t care.

1) they dont stop criminals or mass public shooters

2) they are simply needed to get gun registration

Your response?

Sure, they don’t do anything but why not just do them…

So - nobody has a valid reason not to pass a federal UBC law, or at least I haven't seen one. We don't know how many guns have been bought at a gun show from a non-FFL seller where no BC was done, but I guess that's okay. We don't know how many shootings have occurred by someone with one of those guns, not just a mass shooting but any shooting. We don't know that, but I guess that's okay. And until such a federal UBC law is passed we don't know how many people will be shot in the future as a result, but I guess that's okay too.

Would any law-abiding citizen be denied his/her 2nd Amendment rights? NO. They gotta pass a BC anyway to buy a gun at a store that sells them or online, or even from an FFL vender at a gun show.

But who does get denied their 2nd Amendment rights? The people who can't pass a BC. Maybe they'll get a gun some other way, by stealing one or buying one on the street or through a 3rd party that can pass the BC. That UBC law wouldn't be perfect, right? All it does is close off one avenue to acquire a gun, and IMHO that is not a bad thing. And the thing is this, how is anyone else harmed? It's no skin off my ass, right? Or yours, so where's the beef?

With that, I'm done here. Have a nice day.

Did you miss the entire part where we told you they only want them so they can demand gun registration?

They can’t get gun registration with the current background checks but with universal checks they can demand them

Did you miss the entire part where we told you they only want them so they can demand gun registration?

They can’t get gun registration with the current background checks but with universal checks they can demand them
Fuck your gun nut paranoia

I'd say when you do a firearms transaction form, they got you.

Why should there be “universal background checks” for firearms sales and transfers?
Because there is no background check requirement for face-to-face intrastate sales between residents of the same state. In such a transaction the seller could unknowingly sell a firearm to a prohibited person.

Because there is no background check requirement for face-to-face intrastate sales between residents of the same state. In such a transaction the seller could unknowingly sell a firearm to a prohibited person.
Varies by state.

Wrong…a lot of those guns were bought by straw buyers… who passed background checks…. Or they were stolen….again proving background checks do notjing
A lot of those guns were bought in Indiana...just miles away from Chicago where gun laws are far less strict

The law states that any sale made by a Federal Firearm License holder must include a BG check.

That's easy and I can state that every time I have bought a gun from a licensed dealer that a BG check was done.

Personally I don't buy guns in private sales because I like warranties and I don't sell firearms to anyone I usually trade them in at the dealer's.

BUT

If I was going to sell a firearm to someone I didn't know in a private sale I would want to make sure that the buyer was not prohibited by law from owning a firearm.

Isn't that just common sense?

The law states that any sale made by a Federal Firearm License holder must include a BG check.

That's easy and I can state that every time I have bought a gun from a licensed dealer that a BG check was done.

Personally I don't buy guns in private sales because I like warranties and I don't sell firearms to anyone I usually trade them in at the dealer's.

BUT

If I was going to sell a firearm to someone I didn't know in a private sale I would want to make sure that the buyer was not prohibited by law from owning a firearm.

Isn't that just common sense?
It is indeed

A lot of those guns were bought in Indiana...just miles away from Chicago where gun laws are far less strict

And yet...doofus.....

Why isn't gun violence worse in Indiana where those guns are bought, rather than in Chicago?

You morons can never answer that question....

And yet...doofus.....

Why isn't gun violence worse in Indiana where those guns are bought, rather than in Chicago?

You morons can never answer that question....

Lack of a welfare state.

Forum List

Back