Why the left hates Trump so intensely

Blog: Why the left hates Trump so intensely

I have said repeatedly that modern progressivism has all the trappings of a religion, and this person agrees.
He found a posting on Reddit that goes into the details.

[Blue Team Progressivism is a church, offering you moral superiority and a path to spiritual enlightenment. As a church it's got a lot going for it. It runs religious programming on television, all day every day. Every modern primetime program is like a left-wing Andy Griffith show, reinforcing lessons of inclusion, tolerance, feminism, and anti-racism./QUOTE]

[
The Blue Church controls the HR department, so even if you don't go to church, you have to act like a loyal churchgoer in every way that matters while you're on the clock. And off the clock, on any kind of public social media platform.

Jon Stewart and John Oliver are basically TV preachers. Watching them gives the same sense of quiet superiority your grandma gets from watching The 700 Club. The messages are constantly reinforced, providing that lovely dopamine hit, like an angel's voice whispering, "You're right, you're better, you're winning."
/QUOTE]

For the first time in decades, voters explicitly rejected the Blue Church, defying hours of daily cultural programming, years of indoctrination from the schools, and dozens of explicit warnings from HR.

We've been trained since childhood to obey the pretty people on TV, but for the first time in decades, that didn't work.

Donald Trump won because flyover America wants their culture back, and Blue Team has not been rejected like that before.

I think that nailed it. It's like the liberal playbook is their bible and it's not open to interpretation and there is no room for personal opinions. Accept it or you instantly become the enemy or sinner.

The left always cheers when Republicans disagree with each other since that is not allowed in the liberal religion. Blind faith is all that they will accept. They think there is something wrong with people who don't follow the leaders without question.

Unfortunately for libs, they don't understand human nature. They never seem to expect the reactions from people when they try to force their will on us. Like how people leave states when liberals raise taxes or how we don't believe what MSNBC tells us about Hillary's integrity. They just don't get it. Because they have convinced themselves that they are so righteous, they never even consider the fact that they are to blame for failures. To them, Trump's win must mean that people were fooled or brainwashed. Truth is that lying and indoctrinating people is the left's thing. That shit doesn't fly with free thinkers.
I haven't yet quite come to terms with this over-the-top hysteria. I can see why the traditional partisans would be upset, they were absolutely sure that we were on a inexorable march towards a Euro-social democracy (so was I, by the way), and this has just stunned them. That would explain their intensity.

The part that I don't yet understand is the way it has ignited such hatred throughout the entire Left side of our culture. There is simply nothing in our history, as far as I know, that compares with this.

One clue may be in the increase in sheer hatred towards "the rubes", those who don't live in the bluest states. You can see it all over this board, it's a little disturbing.

Last edited:

I have said repeatedly that modern progressivism has all the trappings of a religion, and this person agrees.

[Blue Team Progressivism is a church, offering you moral superiority and a path to spiritual enlightenment. As a church it's got a lot going for it. It runs religious programming on television, all day every day. Every modern primetime program is like a left-wing Andy Griffith show, reinforcing lessons of inclusion, tolerance, feminism, and anti-racism./QUOTE]

[
The Blue Church controls the HR department, so even if you don't go to church, you have to act like a loyal churchgoer in every way that matters while you're on the clock. And off the clock, on any kind of public social media platform.

Jon Stewart and John Oliver are basically TV preachers. Watching them gives the same sense of quiet superiority your grandma gets from watching The 700 Club. The messages are constantly reinforced, providing that lovely dopamine hit, like an angel's voice whispering, "You're right, you're better, you're winning."
/QUOTE]

For the first time in decades, voters explicitly rejected the Blue Church, defying hours of daily cultural programming, years of indoctrination from the schools, and dozens of explicit warnings from HR.

We've been trained since childhood to obey the pretty people on TV, but for the first time in decades, that didn't work.

Donald Trump won because flyover America wants their culture back, and Blue Team has not been rejected like that before.

I think that nailed it. It's like the liberal playbook is their bible and it's not open to interpretation and there is no room for personal opinions. Accept it or you instantly become the enemy or sinner.

The left always cheers when Republicans disagree with each other since that is not allowed in the liberal religion. Blind faith is all that they will accept. They think there is something wrong with people who don't follow the leaders without question.

Unfortunately for libs, they don't understand human nature. They never seem to expect the reactions from people when they try to force their will on us. Like how people leave states when liberals raise taxes or how we don't believe what MSNBC tells us about Hillary's integrity. They just don't get it. Because they have convinced themselves that they are so righteous, they never even consider the fact that they are to blame for failures. To them, Trump's win must mean that people were fooled or brainwashed. Truth is that lying and indoctrinating people is the left's thing. That shit doesn't fly with free thinkers.
I haven't yet quite come to terms with this over-the-top hysteria. I can see why the traditional partisans would be upset, they were absolutely sure that we were on a inexorable march towards a Euro-social democracy (so was I, by the way), and this has just stunned them. That would explain their intensity.

The part that I don't yet understand is the way it has ignited such hatred throughout the entire Left side of our culture. There is simply nothing in our history, as far as I know, that compares with this.

One clue may be in the increase in sheer hatred towards "the rubes", those who don't live in the bluest states. You can see it all over this board, it's a little disturbing.

If you just treat their views as a religion, then you can understand why they are so shrill, and the progs on this post discuss anything but the issue at hand.

The left hates all Republicans.
They hate Christians.
They hate Whites.
They hate Jews.
They hate Conservatives.
They hate success.
They hate. The left is the party of hate and racism.

IMHO It's fairly straightforward, the left lost a significant battle in the ongoing "culture war" with the election of (what they view as) as racist, misogynist, bigot, <fill in additional "ist"s here>; a war which they had long assumed they had won. An ideological conservative beating them in a Presidential Election is one thing, being beaten by an anti-PC, "don't give a fuck about who I offend" populist is tantamount to a world ending experience for 'em.

It's one of the few things I like about Trump, he sticks in the craw of the PC Shock Troops and the SJW's like nobody else can, to which I say, good deal, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

[

/QUOTE]

If you just treat their views as a religion, then you can understand why they are so shrill, and the progs on this post discuss anything but the issue at hand.
I agree. But how do you interpret the behaviors of the non-elites? Restaurants putting up signs saying they won't serve Trump supporters, families and relationships literally breaking up?

This has now - my nightmare scenario - seeped into our everyday culture. That's a significant new level.

IMHO It's fairly straightforward, the left lost a significant battle in the ongoing "culture war" with the election of (what they view as) as racist, misogynist, bigot, <fill in additional "ist"s here>; a war which they had long assumed they had won. An ideological conservative beating them in a Presidential Election is one thing, being beaten by an anti-PC, "don't give a fuck about who I offend" populist is tantamount to a world ending experience for 'em.

It's one of the few things I like about Trump, he sticks in the craw of the PC Shock Troops and the SJW's like nobody else can, to which I say, good deal, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.
What do you think about my question in Post 85?

I agree. But how do you interpret the behaviors of the non-elites? Restaurants putting up signs saying they won't serve Trump supporters, families and relationships literally breaking up?

This has now - my nightmare scenario - seeped into our everyday culture. That's a significant new level.

Progressivism is a top down movement these days, regardless of their claims to be of "the people". Where the leaders go, the followers follow. In fact, we have to watch out for this same thing on the right, now that we have that demagogue-ic type leader in Trump.

When your whole worldview is more power and control at higher levels, in the hands of less people further away from those being ruled, are you surprised that the rank and file is going full "screw the other" mode?

Add in the fact that anyone right of Mitt Romney is now a bigot, a racist, a Nazi, yadda yadda yadda and we are where we are.

The left hates all Republicans.
They hate Christians.
They hate Whites.
They hate Jews.
They hate Conservatives.
They hate success.
They hate. The left is the party of hate and racism.
They hate America. Don't forget that.

The leftist traitors wouldn't care if you support Trump if he'd lost the election. They would just laugh and take your money.

Progressivism is a top down movement these days, regardless of their claims to be of "the people". Where the leaders go, the followers follow. In fact, we have to watch out for this same thing on the right, now that we have that demagogue-ic type leader in Trump.

When your whole worldview is more power and control at higher levels, in the hands of less people further away from those being ruled, are you surprised that the rank and file is going full "screw the other" mode?

Add in the fact that anyone right of Mitt Romney is now a bigot, a racist, a Nazi, yadda yadda yadda and we are where we are.
Maybe this, uh, seepage was just inevitable, then, over time.

Not good.

next time you take the effort to type something, try an actual response, you low post count hack-poseur.

I did type a response. It just wasn't one for which you were prepared or that you wanted.

You replied, you didn't respond.

Noob.
reply -
verb
1 Say something in response to something someone has said
reply - definition of reply in English | Oxford Dictionaries

Is English your second language, Marty? How could the other poster reply without responding, fool? You're wrong given your declaration and the definition, shit for brains, and that's a FACT, so have another shit sundae...bon appetite ass wipe!

Marty has to be told what to think or have his “thoughts” confirmed by someone as equally narrow minded.

This coming from one of the biggest bleating sheep of the left on this board is comical.

You quoted the blog then tried lamely to criticize others of getting their thoughts fed to them. Just reciting facts; name calling is your game

You questioning your plantation.....huh, will miracles never cease.....

Maybe this, uh, seepage was just inevitable, then, over time.

Not good.

It's a battle between two opposing worldviews. When one side wants to basically end federalism and put most of the power in one level of government, and the other side doesn't you have irreconcilable differences. Add the lefts current puritanical views on cultural issues, and you see we have a big problem.

I did type a response. It just wasn't one for which you were prepared or that you wanted.

Noob.
reply -
verb
1 Say something in response to something someone has said
reply - definition of reply in English | Oxford Dictionaries

Is English your second language, Marty? How could the other poster reply without responding, fool? You're wrong given your declaration and the definition, shit for brains, and that's a FACT, so have another shit sundae...bon appetite ass wipe!

Marty has to be told what to think or have his “thoughts” confirmed by someone as equally narrow minded.

This coming from one of the biggest bleating sheep of the left on this board is comical.

You quoted the blog then tried lamely to criticize others of getting their thoughts fed to them. Just reciting facts; name calling is your game

I tried to start a discussion on a discussion board. People of your ilk don't feel like actually discussing. Yet there is a perfectly adult conversation also going on, that if you don't feel like participating in, kindly sod off.

When enough of the members in the House and in the Senate gin up the courage to declare the 'Emperor has no cloths', the House will pass Articles of Impeachment, the Senate will find Trump guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors and Trump will be removed from office. It is just a matter of time! I've been saying it will happen before the end of 2018, but with the announcement of the new "investigations" it's looking to be much sooner.
Now here is something I can sink my teeth into, I want a real republican, like mike pence running this country, I'm sure most on the right do, Trump was just a means to an end for the GOP, some one who could derail the queens coronation without any of them getting muddy and then having an incumbent Mike Pence to run in 2020 while the GOP in congress and the senate come out smelling like roses for doing the "right thing", all this begs the question...how much further will/does all this set back the left in a quest just to climb back into the ring?...for me, this is the perfect storm

Good question Mac, only answer that I can come up with is that a significant portion of the "non-elites" you're referring to are brain-washed imbeciles when it comes to politics and current affairs, they believe whatever the MSM and their alternative information sources of choice tell them to believe, which almost invariably is so shallow and biased that it borders on Soviet Style State Propaganda; this of course works on both sides of the "political aisle".

It's lamentable but I'll admit it's also comical to watch in action, kind of like watching a gaggle of chimpanzee's all hopped up on mega-doses of crack cocaine.

"Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?" -- Peter Hitchens

[

/QUOTE]

reinforcing lessons of inclusion, tolerance, feminism, and anti-racism

So fly over country wanted bigotry and racism, anti feminism, anti inclusion, and anti tolerance back?

Good question Mac, only answer that I can come up with is that a significant portion of the "non-elites" you're referring to are brain-washed imbeciles when it comes to politics and current affairs, they believe whatever the MSM and their alternative information sources of choice tell them to believe, which almost invariably is so shallow and biased that it borders on Soviet Style State Propaganda; this of course works on both sides of the "political aisle".

It's lamentable but I'll admit it's also comical to watch in action, kind of like watching a gaggle of chimpanzee's all hopped up on mega-doses of crack cocaine.

"Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?" -- Peter Hitchens
I do think there is a danger here. Once ideology infects us at a cultural/societal level, a momentum can take over and cause literal schisms, I'd think. Not just silly little verbal slap fights, but something more tangible and destructive.

Maybe I'm wrong. That would be nice.

[

/QUOTE]

reinforcing lessons of inclusion, tolerance, feminism, and anti-racism

So fly over country wanted bigotry and racism, anti feminism, anti inclusion, and anti tolerance back?

They don't want the feminism being spouted now, that deals more with women trying to find some advantage over men, rather than being equal to men

They don't want the anti-bigotry that states that if you oppose progressive policies like affirmative action, immigration amnesty, and open borders, you are a bigot.

They don't want the anti-racism that states basically the issues I listed above.

How tolerant is the left these days over the lifestyle of most of middle america? Why are words like rubes, and deplorables seeming A-OK in the leftist lexicon?

Uh-Huh that and a chance to ask themselves "What the fuck will the Donald do next?" for at least the next four years ....

It's like Christmas, every day the country gets to wake up and ask "What did Santa Don bring us today?"

"Desperation can make a person do surprising things." -- Veronica Roth, Allegiant

Forum List

Back