Why would a God even need a hell?

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why?

Let's first assume that God is actually the author of God's words, and not simply the conductor, so that the question of God making hell can actually be concise, since the scriptures will tell us instead that God made heaven and earth.

Considering evil to actually be associated with misery, the reason why God would make it an eternal monument would be so that evil is truly comprehended as provisional, and not simply detracting and tormenting.

It is an example to be reviewed and established as ideal, when there are no others in its likeness already attained or fulfilled.

Hell is one of those examples in its likeness, which must be arrived at from a consistent following of the scriptures.

Hell should not even be in the scriptures , the acceptance of it is an example of how deceived the human mind can be.

How many times is hell mentioned in the Bible?

God does not need an eternal monument for insanity.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why?

Let's first assume that God is actually the author of God's words, and not simply the conductor, so that the question of God making hell can actually be concise, since the scriptures will tell us instead that God made heaven and earth.

Considering evil to actually be associated with misery, the reason why God would make it an eternal monument would be so that evil is truly comprehended as provisional, and not simply detracting and tormenting.

It is an example to be reviewed and established as ideal, when there are no others in its likeness already attained or fulfilled.

Hell is one of those examples in its likeness, which must be arrived at from a consistent following of the scriptures.

Hell should not even be in the scriptures , the acceptance of it is an example of how deceived the human mind can be.

Your post in this online forum is a scripture, may I remind you of that?
You are free to do as you believe with your scriptures.

God is also free to do as he finds proper without anyone else telling him what is it that he must or must not need, or what is it that his scriptures should or should not contain.

It is simple civility.

God is also free to do as he finds proper without anyone else telling him what is it that he must or must not need, or what is it that his scriptures should or should not contain.

It is simple civility.

I like scriptures , I just don't like the Christian interpretation of them. I have absolutely no use for Christianity , or any other religion; I don't want anything between me and God. Especially what some religion thinks.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.

God is strictly man made. Something made by man definitely needs a hell. Most people do things and expect to go to heaven while wanting others to go to hell for the same offenses. We're funny that way.

The people who wrote the bible believed in witches and thought the earth was flat:

flat-earth-society.jpg

I totally disagree, I think man is God made. I was once asked is God real a few years ago , this was my answer;

Is God Real?

Oh God is real , in my view, but God is the reason why most people do not believe in him; because he hides himself. Its not unbeliever's fault.

There definitely is no god. If there was he would have stopped George W. Bush from invading Iraq and getting 4500 young Americans killed....and Bush did it in his name.

Explain to me why a God needs to concern himself with how many humans kill humans , or how many humans he decides to kill , when he knows he is going to bring them all back to life in a far greater capacity to exist? You don't seem to get that. Human life and death at this stage in existence is meaningless to God. Billions can get killed , it matters not to him; those same millions will live with him in eternity ; and he knows that. You just don't know it.

I don't believe there is a GOD!! If there is...phuck im'

God is strictly man made. Something made by man definitely needs a hell. Most people do things and expect to go to heaven while wanting others to go to hell for the same offenses. We're funny that way.

The people who wrote the bible believed in witches and thought the earth was flat:

flat-earth-society.jpg

I totally disagree, I think man is God made. I was once asked is God real a few years ago , this was my answer;

Is God Real?

Oh God is real , in my view, but God is the reason why most people do not believe in him; because he hides himself. Its not unbeliever's fault.

There definitely is no god. If there was he would have stopped George W. Bush from invading Iraq and getting 4500 young Americans killed....and Bush did it in his name.

Explain to me why a God needs to concern himself with how many humans kill humans , or how many humans he decides to kill , when he knows he is going to bring them all back to life in a far greater capacity to exist? You don't seem to get that. Human life and death at this stage in existence is meaningless to God. Billions can get killed , it matters not to him; those same millions will live with him in eternity ; and he knows that. You just don't know it.

I don't believe there is a GOD!! If there is...phuck im'

Well your not supposed to believe in God ;unbelievers are unbelievers because they are supposed to be. I believe that we are what we are supposed to be for now.

We knew you would know what god needs!

Who is " We?"

Who is " We?"

I have a rat in my pocket.......it's about eight inches long.

Who is " We?"

I find it hard to reason with the unreasonable. But I am sure that at least you see relevance in your world. I hold no need for rash insulting conversation. I don't get off on raping the human language.

It is simple civility.

I like scriptures , I just don't like the Christian interpretation of them. I have absolutely no use for Christianity , or any other religion; I don't want anything between me and God. Especially what some religion thinks.

I comprehend perfectly your position and share similar values as far as you have disclosed them, but the scriptures that contain God also contain hell.

Who is " We?"

I find it hard to reason with the unreasonable. But I am sure that at least you see relevance in your world. I hold no need for rash insulting conversation. I don't get off on raping the human language.

conversación terminado!

Who is " We?"

conversación terminado!

Welcome to thread.

What the Bible Says About Hell
Related Media

Key Facts About Eternity
(1) Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

(2) Everyone has only one life in which to determine their destiny (Hebrews 9:27).

(3) Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.).

Key Passages About Hell
(1) Hell was designed originally for Satan and his demons (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).

(2) Hell will also punish the sin of those who reject Christ (Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).

(3) Hell is conscious torment.

• Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”
  • Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”
  • Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”
(4) Hell is eternal and irreversible.

• Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
  • Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
  • Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”
Erroneous Views of Hell
(1) The second chance view – After death there is still a way to escape hell.

Answer: “It is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

(2) Universalism – All are eternally saved.

Answer: It denies the truth of salvation through Christ which means that a person decides to either trust in Christ or else he/she rejects Christ and goes to hell (John 3:16;3:36).

(3) Annihilationism – Hell means a person dies like an animal – ceases to exist.

Answer: It denies the resurrection of the unsaved (John 5:28, etc. – see above). It denies conscious torment (see above).

Objections to the Biblical View of Hell
(1) A loving God would not send people to a horrible hell.

Response: God is just (Romans 2:11).

• God has provided the way of salvation to all (John 3:16,17; 2 Corinthians 5:14,15; 1 Timothy 2:6; 4:10; Titus 2:11; 2 Peter 3:9).
  • Even those who haven’t heard of Christ are accountable for God’s revelation in nature (Romans 1:20). God will seek those who seek Him (Matthew 7:7; Luke 19:10).
  • Therefore God doesn’t send people to hell, they choose it (Romans 1:18,21,25).
(2) Hell is too severe a punishment for man’s sin.

Response: God is holy-perfect (1 Peter 1:14,15).

• Sin is willful opposition to God our creator (Romans 1:18-32).
  • Our sin does merit hell (Romans 1:32; 2:2,5,6).
  • What is unfair and amazing is that Christ died for our sin and freely offers salvation to all (Romans 2:4; 3:22-24; 4:7,8; 5:8,9).
Biblical Terms Describing Where the Dead Are
  • Sheol - a Hebrew term simply describing “the grave” or “death” – Does not refer to “hell” specifically
  • Hades - A Greek term that usually refers to hell – a place of torment (Luke 10:15; 16:23, etc.)
  • Gehenna - A Greek term (borrowed from a literal burning dump near Jerusalem) that always refers to hell – a place of torment (Matthew 5:30; 23:33)
  • “Lake of fire”- the final abode of unbelievers after they are resurrected (Revelation 20:14,15)
  • “Abraham’s bosom” - (Luke 16:22) a place of eternal comfort
  • “Paradise” - (Luke 23:43) a place of eternal comfort
  • “With the Lord” - a key phrase describes where church age believers are after death (Philippians 1:23; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 2 Corinthians 5:8)
  • “New heavens and earth” – where believers will be after they are resurrected (Revelation 20:4-6; 21:1-4)
Conclusion
Our curiosity about the abode of the dead is not completely satisfied by biblical terms or verses. What we do know is that either eternal torment in hell or eternal joy in heaven awaits all people after death, based on whether they trust in Christ’s payment for sin or reject Christ.

Hey , why would a God need a hell? You think God needs a garbage can?

If someone was punished alive for 200,000 years , do you think that would be sane?

What's it feel like Christian , seeing all those sinners escaping your beloved hell? What's it feel like , seeing a shut down notice placed at the gates of your precious hell?

What's it feel like?
I haven't seen anyone escaping anything . Do you see visions of heaven and hell? I don't love hell and I do not wish anyone to go there. The reality is if you are wrong, then you will be held accountable for not warning people to accept God's plan of salvation. If I am wrong, the more the merrier and no one is hurt. The Bible indicates that your view is lacking THE SPONCER --- Jesus Christ the Messiah God.

Forum List

Back