Why would a God even need a hell?

Just got back from a late nite visit to Safeway (now a subsidiary of Albertsons) and they have an Asian counter with all sorts of dimsum to go.

Got one package and I'm steaming it now on the stove top.

Yum !!

Why would a God of grace need a merciless Christian hell?

Well the evidence that I would use , if I had to make a case for this being the center of the universe, is that the bible reveals that God will return to earth one day, and recreate it and make it the focal point of his Kingdom; and actually put his throne here. Now, if God is going to do such a thing, then in my view, that is a strong case for the earth being the center of not only the universe, but life itself.

Where ever God is, I think one could rightly say that is the center of all things.
Your evidence was compiled by a bunch of white guys in 325AD with a particular religious-political agenda to push.

There are many great truisms in the Bible, but let's not forget it is inherently flawed having been passed through the hands of Man. Example; how many versions/interpretations of the Bible are there today? How many denominations of Christianity?

If something is perfectly true, then there can only be one.

Bible Hub: Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages

Why are there so many denominations? | Bibleinfo.com
why-so-many-denominations-low2.png

You seem to have a lot on the ball but whoever put this graphic together is full of it. Take the Catholics, the Anglicans, the Baptists, the AG's, etc. and tell me which ones do not believe in the ancient creeds of the Church, and by that I mean the Baptismal vow known as the Apostle's creed. They all believe in it except for the non-Trinitarians. The Church is not divided.

And by the way, Athanasius was not a "white guy".

Last edited:
I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery?
The "christian" versions is actually the CATHOLIC version which they borrowed from paganism.

Make no mistake. Christ warned of the Lake of Fire which will DESTROY the wicked. This is the second death. Its the final death.

ok its acctually easy to explain why god created hell.

god created paradise.

heaven is the paradise of good people.

hell is the paradise of evil people.

god created hell so evil people got a paradise

thats the simple version

the truth is a bit more complicated, you might want to ask lucifer

ask lucifer why god wanted adam and eve to choose to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil

and why he wanted them to stay away from eternal life

Last edited:
i choose eternal life, and i acctually don t get that good and evil thing

its all just life

everyone else dies, and i didn t get thrown out of paradise for eating of the tree of knowledge of good or evil i got thrown out of paradise because i eat of the fruit of the other tree

i think i understand moral values

after a few thousand years moral and ethics mean something

i still don t know whats good or evil

but after interacting with people who have a moral compass for a few thousand years, i guess i know a bit about good and evil

i allways liked to make children happy, is that good ?

Last edited:
I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery?
The "christian" versions is actually the CATHOLIC version which they borrowed from paganism.

Make no mistake. Christ warned of the Lake of Fire which will DESTROY the wicked. This is the second death. Its the final death.

It will not destroy humans , it will season them; Mark 9:49,a teaching from Jesus," EVERYONE will be salted with fire." We all will go into the lake. And we all will come out of it born again.

you do realize that god is neither good nor evil and good and evil ?

god is everythin god has no morals god is morality

god is good evil and nothing at all

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Because idiots reject God and the salvation of Christ. There has to be a place for them separate from the rest of us.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Because idiots reject God and the salvation of Christ. There has to be a place for them separate from the rest of us.

God loves idiots much more than you do ; I am glad people like you have nothing to do with the salvation of idiots.

I always believed that Hell was on Earth.

The Truth About Hell

God loves idiots much more than you do ; I am glad people like you have nothing to do with the salvation of idiots.
Salvation is through faith not works. I have nothing to do with salvation.

But I, along with all the rest of the saints, will have to do with judgement. I look forward to it.

I always believed that Hell was on Earth.

The Truth About Hell

More truth about hell;
What The Hell Is Hell?

Salvation is through faith not works. I have nothing to do with salvation.

But I, along with all the rest of the saints, will have to do with judgement. I look forward to it.

If God is going to allow Christians to judge the world , then his Kingdom is corrupt already.

Forum List

Back