Why would a God even need a hell?

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
I always believed that Hell was on Earth.

The Truth About Hell

More truth about hell;
What The Hell Is Hell?

"WHEREAS, Rob Bell, in his 2011 book, Love Wins, has called into question the church’s historical teaching on the doctrine of eternal punishment of the unregenerate; and

WHEREAS, The church has addressed this issue throughout her history, yet orthodox Christians have affirmed consistently and resoundingly the reality of a literal Hell; and

WHEREAS, The Bible clearly teaches that God will judge the lost at the end of the age (Matthew 25:41-46; 2 Peter 2:9; Revelation 20:11-15); and

WHEREAS, God must judge the unregenerate because He is a holy God whose judgments are altogether righteous (Psalm 96:10; Romans 2:1-5; Revelation 15:3); and

WHEREAS, The Scriptures affirm that this judgment of the unconverted is a judgment unto conscious, eternal suffering apart from the steadfast love and grace of God (Matthew 7:23; 25:46; Luke 16:22-25; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10); and

WHEREAS, The Bible precludes the possibility of any opportunity for salvation after death (Hebrews 9:27), urging sinners instead to embrace the glorious gospel today (2 Corinthians 6:2; Hebrews 2:3; 3:13); and

WHEREAS, Jesus Christ and the apostles, out of their love for lost people, affirmed the reality of Hell in their own preaching to urge sinners to receive the grace of God, to repent of their sins, and to believe the gospel, and thereby to enter into abundance of eternal life (Matthew 10:28; John 10:10; Acts 17:30-31); and

WHEREAS, The prospect of fellow human beings, created in the image of God, spending eternity in Hell grieves us deeply; and

WHEREAS, The Scriptures exhort the church to hold fast to and proclaim the “faith once for all delivered to the saints” (Jude 3) and to “guard the good deposit” of truth the Lord has entrusted to us in His Word (1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 1:14), including difficult truths; and

WHEREAS, The Baptist Faith & Message affirms the biblical teaching that “Christ will judge all men in righteousness. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment” (Article X. Last Things); now, therefore, be it

RESOLVED, That the messengers to the Southern Baptist Convention, meeting in Phoenix, Arizona, June 14-15, 2011, do hereby affirm our belief in the biblical teaching on eternal, conscious punishment of the unregenerate in Hell; and be it finally

RESOLVED, That out of our love for Christ and for His glory, and our love for lost people and our deep desire that they not suffer eternally in Hell, we implore Southern Baptists to proclaim faithfully the depth and gravity of sin against a holy God, the reality of Hell, and the salvation of sinners by God’s grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, to the glory of God alone."

Southern Baptist Convention > On The Reality Of Hell

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
Because idiots reject God and the salvation of Christ. There has to be a place for them separate from the rest of us.

God loves idiots much more than you do ; I am glad people like you have nothing to do with the salvation of idiots.
Salvation is through faith not works. I have nothing to do with salvation.

But I, along with all the rest of the saints, will have to do with judgement. I look forward to it.

If God is going to allow Christians to judge the world , then his Kingdom is corrupt already.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

John 15:18-21

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. "

If Christians judge the world , then the world is surely doomed!

Because idiots reject God and the salvation of Christ. There has to be a place for them separate from the rest of us.

God loves idiots much more than you do ; I am glad people like you have nothing to do with the salvation of idiots.

But I, along with all the rest of the saints, will have to do with judgement. I look forward to it.

If God is going to allow Christians to judge the world , then his Kingdom is corrupt already.

1 Corinthians 6:2-3

"Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! "

Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Revelation 20:15
And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:46
And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

566.gif

"Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases? Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life! "

Christians are not saints , they are hell mongers ; merciless and cruel toward unbelievers and idiots; God is not stupid , he will in no manner allow Christians to judge sinners.

Christians judge after people die. Since I have no belief in an afterlife, this is of little consequence.

Muslims (with their democrat allies) slaughter people in THIS LIFE, imposing the punishment of the demon Allah on living people - THAT is an actual concern.

Christians are not saints , they are hell mongers ; merciless and cruel toward unbelievers and idiots; God is not stupid , he will in no manner allow Christians to judge sinners.

We are THE saints. Not to be confused with Catholic and Orthodox "saints". And yes, Christians absolutely will be judging.

Make nice.

Poor punkin, this is beyond you, I think.

Christians judge after people die. Since I have no belief in an afterlife, this is of little consequence.

Muslims (with their democrat allies) slaughter people in THIS LIFE, imposing the punishment of the demon Allah on living people - THAT is an actual concern.

Christians would not slaughter unbelievers , they would keep them alive and punish them forever; an insanity for sure!

We are THE saints. Not to be confused with Catholic and Orthodox "saints". And yes, Christians absolutely will be judging.

Make nice.

Poor punkin, this is beyond you, I think.

You are a church in rebellion that would roast idiots like marshmellows and enjoy doing it.

You Christians have slandered the reputation of God with your blood lust for sinners and your insane hell doctrine.

Christians would not slaughter unbelievers , they would keep them alive and punish them forever; an insanity for sure!

It is amusing that those who claim not to believe in life after death throw a fit over threats of punishment - AFTER DEATH.

I'll clue you in, there is no hell. Threats from Christians mean not a thing - since you will be dead and cease to exist.

Now the ISIS allies of Hillary and Obama, the rusty knife and stonings are all too real.

It is amusing that those who claim not to believe in life after death throw a fit over threats of punishment - AFTER DEATH.

I'll clue you in, there is no hell. Threats from Christians mean not a thing - since you will be dead and cease to exist.

Now the ISIS allies of Hillary and Obama, the rusty knife and stonings are all too real.

I disagree with your view of Obama and your view of death; hell is simply the grave, Christianity is just seriously deceived , being secretly used by satan to spread a corrupt gospel.

Jesus warned of the death of the wicked. Take it for what it's worth. You're only PROVING the validity of the Scriptures.

Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires -- Peter

Jesus warned of the death of the wicked. Take it for what it's worth. You're only PROVING the validity of the Scriptures.

Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires -- Peter

You are suggesting that I am wicked , just because I disagree with Christians; how Christian of you.

You are suggesting that I am wicked , just because I disagree with Christians; how Christian of you.
Everybody is wicked. Get over it.

And you actually think God will use somebody who thinks like you to judge humanity? You must really think God is desperate for help.

And you actually think God will use somebody who thinks like you to judge humanity? You must really think God is desperate for help.

Not at all. It's the job He assigned us. We do as we're told. I'm quite certain he isn't having us do it because he NEEDS us to. I think it's more a matter of giving us things to do that will give us purpose.

Forum List

Back