Why would a God even need a hell?

Or perhaps a belief in Hell indicates craziness but " Da Hat Remaineth Da Same ?" More or less
UR4Fn.png

Christians are not suppose to judge another's salvation... yes, we can discern and judge right from wrong, but not someone elses soul....?

Scripture tells us that you will know Christians by their love. If you do not have love, you do not have Christ in your life. Also, ones actions should reflect the life of Christ. Granted, everyone sins. But continual, willful sin is a sure sign that someone is not a Christian. So yes. We can judge.

Yes, they can, and they can get angry, they can defend themselves as needed, and they can set laws for their communities, hold courts civil and criminal, and create states for defense and governments to provide services, all that stuff; some just hate them and run around trying to tell them what they should be without knowing the first thing about their theology. The idea that Xians are supposed to be some sort of pacifist hippies and beggars and live out of dumpsters or something is a myth.

As for the thread, didn't read it, since it seems largely to be some crank doing what I said above, talking to himself mostly, I'll just post this link; hell or whatever one wants to call it serves as both a location and as an allegory on several levels. Literalists will as always have problems with this, while fundamentalists will understand it.

Gehenna - Wikipedia

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
You are going to hell.

I have asked myself why a God would need a hell, ( and by hell I mean the Christian version of it). I mean here this great being of life and love , is said to have created a place of eternal misery? And something is just not right with that, because it makes no sense at all. But a lot of things in religion make no sense, but religion rains on humanity, getting all of our consciousness wet in one manner or another.

My view of God, and I don't know God, have never seen him or heard his voice; is a view that I know is already distorted by many things; but I view him as merciful, loving, kind, forgiving, longsuffering, all the things that this Christian hell is not. So I don't think this hell is God's creation, I think the Christians created it. I think this eternal hell punishing is what Christians would do with unbelievers, not God. I think its moreso what the Christians want.

Why would God make an eternal monument out of evil? For what? Why would such a being of great power of change, co-exist with misery forever? Why? I can't see it. I think something is seriously wrong with this myopic view of hell! The powers that exist which can seduce the consciousness of humanity into believing nonsense, is simply stunning.
You are going to hell.

I am free of people threatening me with hell ; I have seen the freedom of God's word.

You know, since God is all powerful and all knowing, He doesn't really need anything to scare people into following Him.

However..................................Christians and those who profess that faith DO need hell, because otherwise there is nothing to scare the non believers with.
There is right and wrong. There is also the reward for both. All have sinned. The wages of sin is death. You have it all backwards. Anyone who goes to Hell goes by their own choice. God was gracious enough to give us a second chance. It's a free gift. It can't be bought at any price. But instead of accepting this precious gift you spit in the face of your Creator, and whine like a little baby.

You know, since God is all powerful and all knowing, He doesn't really need anything to scare people into following Him.

However..................................Christians and those who profess that faith DO need hell, because otherwise there is nothing to scare the non believers with.
Ignorant fool. Christians do not follow Christ because of the threat of Hell. They follow and obey Him, because HE loved US enough to die for us.

So.............He loved us enough to die for us? What was the reason He had to be crucified? Oh wait.............I know..............it was to pay for our sins so that we wouldn't end up in hell. Sorry, Christianity is based on fear of hell.
Yeah. Just like a child obeys their parents so they will not get a spanking. Ever seen a child who was never disciplined? Same thing. If their was no punishment for doing wrong, everyone would just do whatever they want. People accept Christ because they have come to the realization that they are sinners and are sorry for it. Read the definition of repentance.

noun
deep sorrow, compunction, or contrition for a past sin, wrongdoing, or the like.
regret for any past action.

The reason people are atheists is because they are incapable of feeling any of that. They are too proud to humble themselves before their Creator and ask His forgiveness.

You could say the same about just about anything. The simple fact is that human behavior requires a system of punishment and reward. It's how parents raise responsible children. It's how law enforcement maintains order. If there was no punishment for bad behavior, no one would do what's right. It's human nature. Granted, the threat of Hell get's our attention. But it is a love of our Lord and Savior that keeps us coming back. It's no different than someone warning another that a tornado is coming, or some other disaster. You can heed the warning, or not. If you do, you are grateful to the person who warned you. If you ignore it, you die. I follow and obey Christ because I love Him. Period. You can believe whatever you like. It will never change the truth.

Nonsense.

People can be trained and punished into believing that wrong is right and evil is good. People are punished all the time for doing what is right. You were mentally physically and emotionally abused as a child to pretend to believe in some fake counterfeit Jesus, taught to believe that rational thinking is of the devil, and and shamed for being human.

You know nothing about Jesus. You are just confused and afraid, already in Gehenna, pretending to believe in what is false because you have been terrified by demons about going to some imaginary hell.

Thats the truth.
That is only your opinion. I'll take it for what it's worth. That would be nothing. But know this. You have a meeting with your Creator in your future. What excuse will you give for rejecting Him? Just curious.

Why would God need a hell?

He doesn't. It is symbolism or the value of what one is losing by not serving God now.
As each new day dawns in Gods kingdom, those thrown into the lake of fire( eternal destruction) miss each new dawning day-eternally. It never stops

I need a pizza
"I’d like to be a nice person and curse less and encourage people to grow rather than telling them they are idiots. I’m sorry – I tried, it’s just not in me."

Hell is a Christian doctrine of destruction. It has crippled humanity.

Why would the intelligence of God even try to co-exist in eternity with the Christian version of eternal hell?

The intelligence of Christians does not dictate any terms in heaven.

Hell is a crutch for religions that cannot walk on their own.

Hell is only a crutch for those who arrogantly reject the Bible as Gods word, and believing goes beyond just recognizing the truth. To believe in Christ for salvation requires a transfer of allegiance. We stop worshiping ourselves, we forsake our sin, and we begin to worship God with our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Its eternal darkness...separation from a loving God.
Cant remember where I found this but it states well the never ending myth ( by some) that God is a tyrant and treats people unjustly, just throwing the innocent away.
"Each sinner has a fully informed, acutely aware, and sensitive conscience which, in hell, becomes his own tormentor. This is the experience of torture in hell—a person fully aware of his or her sin with a relentlessly accusing conscience, without relief for even one moment. The guilt of sin will produce shame and everlasting self-hatred. The rich man knew that eternal punishment for a lifetime of sins is justified and deserved. That is why he never protested or questioned being in hell."

Hell is a crutch for religions that cannot walk on their own.

Hell is only a crutch for those who arrogantly reject the Bible as Gods word, and believing goes beyond just recognizing the truth. To believe in Christ for salvation requires a transfer of allegiance. We stop worshiping ourselves, we forsake our sin, and we begin to worship God with our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Its eternal darkness...separation from a loving God.
Cant remember where I found this but it states well the never ending myth ( by some) that God is a tyrant and treats people unjustly, just throwing the innocent away.
"Each sinner has a fully informed, acutely aware, and sensitive conscience which, in hell, becomes his own tormentor. This is the experience of torture in hell—a person fully aware of his or her sin with a relentlessly accusing conscience, without relief for even one moment. The guilt of sin will produce shame and everlasting self-hatred. The rich man knew that eternal punishment for a lifetime of sins is justified and deserved. That is why he never protested or questioned being in hell."

The belief that God would allow eternal suffering without relief is insane. Its also evidence that religion drives human beliefs insane. And Christianity is the master of ceremonies in that crazy world.

Forum List

Back