Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
Democrats want to water it down.
Democrats are WELL on their way to expand SS to illegals... steps have already happened.
In CA - illegals can get disability and family leave dollars without a work permit, without a SS card.
Democrats in 2023 (July) tries to pass a bill to eliminate the 5 year waiting period for illegals to get other federal assistance - at the same time they were pouring in 100s millions across the border.

If any party is going to bankrupt federal social programs - IT IS DEMOCTRATS.

I do not LIKE SS, as it is budgetary Armageddon, that may very well destroy US.

But is has also made hundreds of millions of people dependent on the government, just as planned.

There may not be an answer other than to try to prepare for the crash and burn.

Ideally I would like to plan a retirement that does NOT depend on SS, being there. But unfortunately they are taxing me so much that it is hard.
The optics of grandma's and grandpa's starving to death and then having their bodies bulldozed into mass graves by the millions wouldn't play well on TV....and certainly wouldn't appeal to The GOP voting base.

They better not touch SS! Or Medicare. If they do, then they will get their civil war!

Will they? They've been telling us for years to get ready. Look how union jobs got sent overseas in the bush years. Who was punished for that? Hell, Republicans blame unions. When they cut social security, they'll blame both parties for it. And it'll happen during a crisis like when Greece had to swallow austerity cuts.

You'll be happy with your 80% and you will still vote GOP.

I don't know what you didn't get from it. he's right...there is a lot you can do to fix the entitlement problems. There is a lot of mismanagement, in running the programs as well
Like? What would you do to fill the fund?

Like? What would you do to fill the fund?
oh that's where you are mistaken, personally, I wouldn't. I would gut the entire system, and follow the model from Sweden. The GOP has tried that to no avail in the past, due to the dembots blocking any reform...but it's clearly the way to go

Democrats are WELL on their way to expand SS to illegals... steps have already happened.
In CA - illegals can get disability and family leave dollars without a work permit, without a SS card.
Democrats in 2023 (July) tries to pass a bill to eliminate the 5 year waiting period for illegals to get other federal assistance - at the same time they were pouring in 100s millions across the border.

If any party is going to bankrupt federal social programs - IT IS DEMOCTRATS.
Perfect example. Republicans will blame Democrats for social security going broke. They'll say it's because we let illegals have it too.

WHO IS A QUALIFIED ALIEN?​

There are 7 categories of qualified aliens. You are a qualified alien if the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) says you are in one of these categories:

1. blank spacer
    Lawfully Admitted for Permanent Residence (LAPR) in the U.S., which includes"Amerasian immigrant" as defined in P.L. 100-202, with a class of admission AM-1 through AM-8;
  2. blank spacer
    Granted conditional entry under Section 203(a)(7) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) as in effect before April 1, 1980;
  3. blank spacer
    Paroled into the U.S. under Section 212(d)(5) of the INA for a period of at least one year;
  4. blank spacer
    Refugee admitted to the U.S. under Section 207 of the INA;
  5. blank spacer
    Granted asylum under Section 208 of the INA;
  6. blank spacer
    Deportation is being withheld under Section 243(h) of the INA, as in effect before April 1, 1997; or removal is being withheld under Section 241(b)(3) of the INA;
  7. A
    blank spacer
    "Cuban or Haitian entrant" as defined in Section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980 or in a status that is to be treated as a "Cuban/ Haitian entrant" for SSI purposes.
In addition, you can be a “deemed qualified alien” if, under certain circumstances, you, your child, or your parent were subjected to battery or extreme cruelty by a family member while in the United States.

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.

End it? No.
Let big business get their hands on it and reduce benefits, absolutely.

End it? No.
Let big business get their hands on it and reduce benefits, absolutely.
I'm prepared to take a 20% cut in my benefits. I'll live.

Boy it sure would be nice if they gave us something in return for that. Like, no more taxes. So if I have $500K in stocks and I make 10%, no more taxing me on the profits anymore because YOU FUCKED ME 20% of my ss.

He a babbling fool but he surrounds himself with extremist nutjobs and that makes him very dangerous
“Extremists and nutjobs”?
Like the ones who forced us to take experimental medicine we didn’t want and tell us a man can become a woman with a proclamation?

Don't fucking touch social security or Medicare! Period!
Another bonehead who doesn't realize it all comes from the same pot.
Being $34 trillion in debt IS TOUCHING SS and MEDICARE.
Do you understand this??

If America didn't have $34 trillion in debt - no one would care whatsoever about SS deficits, because we could easily afford those deficits.

I don't know what you didn't get from it. he's right...there is a lot you can do to fix the entitlement problems. There is a lot of mismanagement, in running the programs as well
he feels entitled to your money.

“Extremists and nutjobs”?
Like the ones who forced us to take experimental medicine we didn’t want and tell us a man can become a woman with a proclamation?
dude, to her, that's all normal. You're trying to communicate to a brick.

Forum List

Back