You almost hope Republicans win the Senate

God I hope the Republican Party doesn't win the Senate, because that would put me in the position of having to vote Dem for President in 2016 regardless of candidate because I firmly believe that NEITHER party should control both houses of Congress AND the White House.

lYep, both have proven their incompetence, over and over.

The American idiot (like the OP) is just too dumb to understand that giving ultimate power to one party is dangerous

It was dangerous when it happened with Republicans. But the Democratic Party is a coalition Party. By it's very nature, it's lot's of different types of people working together.

Republicans are 90% white, mostly Christian (not the good old fashioned kind, but the "let him die" kind that Jesus would hate), and are firmly anti science and anti education. The only direction you can go with them is down.

So, your idea of a coalition is one that doesn't include the largest demographic in the country eh?

LOL you are a simpleton

The GOP already controls the Senate with their historic number of filibusters.

Suppose they did take over the Senate. Their only action will be trying to impeach Obama for, well, for. For "something". "Something" the American people don't want.

And what will their other policies be?

Health care? - We hate Obama.

Isis? - We hate Obama.

Jobs? - We need to continue to move the wealth of the nation from the middle class to the top 1% and hope they make jobs here and not in China. (we hope?)

Education? - We hate Obama. Besides, education makes people "liberal".

The environment? - It will take care of itself. Besides, we hate Obama.
I see the Democrats, out of ideas as usual, are working frantically to pump up their talking-points lies about Republicans instead of coming up with any actual truth.

1.) Republicans want to imeach Obama. (false)
2.) Their disapproval of Obamacare comes only from "hatred of Obama" (false), not from that fact that the scheme won't work.
3.) Republicans "hate education" (false)
4.) All othe objections Republicans have, come from "hating Obama" (false). Never mind that they have objected to most of these things since long before Obama ever showed up.

These desperate lies are all the Democrats have left. No ideas, no plans that have any hope of working, no facts, no integrity.

But it sure makes them feel good to recite these lies to each other, over and over. (true)

Texas GOP rejects lsquo critical thinking rsquo skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

Crushing The GOP Lie Here Is a List of Republican Incumbents Who Support Impeachment

"Desperate lies it says". Hilarious. Another case of determined ignorance.

God I hope the Republican Party doesn't win the Senate, because that would put me in the position of having to vote Dem for President in 2016 regardless of candidate because I firmly believe that NEITHER party should control both houses of Congress AND the White House.

The American idiot (like the OP) is just too dumb to understand that giving ultimate power to one party is dangerous

It was dangerous when it happened with Republicans. But the Democratic Party is a coalition Party. By it's very nature, it's lot's of different types of people working together.

Republicans are 90% white, mostly Christian (not the good old fashioned kind, but the "let him die" kind that Jesus would hate), and are firmly anti science and anti education. The only direction you can go with them is down.

So, your idea of a coalition is one that doesn't include the largest demographic in the country eh?

LOL you are a simpleton
The largest demographic in the country is the working class, republicans have nothing good to say about them and has no problem making their lot in life tougher for the sake of the only people republicans have any intention of helping out, the billionaires.

LOL you are a simpleton
The largest demographic in the country is the working class, republicans have nothing good to say about them and has no problem making their lot in life tougher for the sake of the only people republicans have any intention of helping out, the billionaires.

so no democrats work? Well, thanks for admitting that I guess

:rofl: that was too easy

LOL you are a simpleton

Another example of 2+2=potato conservative logic.

LOL you are a simpleton

What do you think this administration is doing by putting money into wall street every month?

That is what really is helping out the billionaires.

LOL you are a simpleton

Another example of 2+2=potato conservative logic.

Just so you're aware, I'm not a conservative.

and if you truly believe that the Democratic Party or even a majority of their candidates give a shit about "the working man" I have a Nigerian prince I'd like you to meet.

LOL you are a simpleton

What do you think this administration is doing by putting money into wall street every month?

Not a fan and there is no way that anyone can say that republicans would be doing anything different because they are just as much enslaved by the fed as democrats or anyone else. Seriously, if you think the bond buying frenzy by the Fed is up for discussion by any politician of any party then you have some terrible truths to confront.

LOL you are a simpleton

Not a fan and there is no way that anyone can say that republicans would be doing anything different because they are just as much enslaved by the fed as democrats or anyone else. Seriously, if you think the bond buying frenzy by the Fed is up for discussion by any politician of any party then you have some terrible truths to confront.

The President is the one who picked this last Federal Reserve Chairwoman who has the same policy as the last one had.
He could have picked someone who was against this move.
I'm saying that both parties are for the billionaires.

LOL you are a simpleton

The President is the one who picked this last Federal Reserve Chairwoman who has the same policy as the last one had.

Anyone who ignores that reality, well.............

LOL you are a simpleton

I've never denied it, the only real difference is that the republicans have a much easier time convincing their followers that the interests of billionaires coincide with those of working people. Lately I have been less than enthusiastic with the democrats but I'll be damned if I will ever cast a vote for a republican until they publicly and verifiably quit letting the goddamned Koch brothers dictate policy.

Suppose they did take over the Senate. Their only action will be trying to impeach Obama for, well, for. For "something". "Something" the American people don't want.

Isis? - We hate Obama.

Jobs? - We need to continue to move the wealth of the nation from the middle class to the top 1% and hope they make jobs here and not in China. (we hope?)

Republicans don't have any policies that anyone likes. Not even other Republicans. The problem there is that the GOP base, when their party's policies are explained, simply don't believe it. People who have never had health care are screaming "don't take away my health care". People working for minimum wage feel without the minimum wage law, their salaries will go up. These same people who are struggling to feed their families are screaming to cut food stamps. These same people who are working like dogs to provide something for their families are screaming don't tax billionaires because they earned it. Beside, they are the "job creators".

Everyone except Republicans knew when Bush Jr. became president, he would be a disaster. But he was so much worse than anyone could have imagined. That's what the GOP taking over the Senate will do. The only thing that unites them is "hate Obama".

It's like that guy from the video who couldn't name any Obama policy he liked. In fact, he couldn't name any Obama policy. And when asked about race, he said race had nothing to do with it. Only Obama is mulatto and he hates mulatto.

Or in Kentucky. Great example. They hate Obamacare. They said Obamacare should be like the wildly successful "Kynect". You know, what they renamed Obamacare in Kentucky?

With Republicans in control of the Senate, Obama can use executive action to do what needs to be done and Republicans will try to block everything and make the country hate their guts. That's the bottom line. Probably the only thing that will really suffer is passing Obama appointees. But they won't allow that to happen now. Besides, it only two more years. Let America see this disastrous GOP up close just before the next presidential elections.
The Butthurt is strong in you deanie.

The "butthurt" will happen in 2016.

States are already moving with out the Federal government to improve infrastructure, healthcare, raise the minimum wage and kibosh deportations.

Many are going to decide they don't like this sort of fractured governance.

LOL you are a simpleton

I've never denied it, the only real difference is that the republicans have a much easier time convincing their followers that the interests of billionaires coincide with those of working people. Lately I have been less than enthusiastic with the democrats but I'll be damned if I will ever cast a vote for a republican until they publicly and verifiably quit letting the goddamned Koch brothers dictate policy.

The Koch brothers are Libertarians not Republicans.They just agree with a lot of the republicans policies and they are not dictating their policies.

LOL you are a simpleton

The Koch brothers are Libertarians not Republicans.They just agree with a lot of the republicans policies and they are not dictating their policies.
The Koch brothers are a fountain of dark campaign cash for anyone who does what they want, there is not a single person in the tea party caucus that does not owe their souls to them.

If the GOP takes the Senate (if), it would be their chance to take two years to avoid crazy, self-destructive absolutism and build a solid case (via legislation that would most likely be vetoed) for their agenda with a clear, strong and positive vision of America.

Chances of that happening? Given their current proclivities, not terribly high.

It is not possible to be a conservative and have a positive vision of America. Every current policy and ideal is built on fear and loathing.
and you dont think there are Liberals who feel the same way?......
Fatalism runs deep in conservative politics. We can no longer build big projects or take care of festering domestic problems or help out some third-world shithole or welcome immigrants or do a lot of the other things that used to make the world see us as a well-intentioned force for good in the world because, all together now, we can't afford it. Need I mention that conservatives always think war and defense spending on any scale is affordable as long as one of their own beats the war drum?

Republicans do not do optimism these days, it's all about retreat from the high ideals that made America stop being insular and internally divided and become a real example of democracy done right. Liberals are looking around at all the conservatives with their heads in the sand wondering how they can twist such cowardice and apathy into patriotism.
when i was delivering Mail during the last election there were lots of Democrats/Liberals who did not have a positive vision of America's future......matter of fact not too many people did......

Isis? - We hate Obama.

Republicans don't have any policies that anyone likes. Not even other Republicans. The problem there is that the GOP base, when their party's policies are explained, simply don't believe it. People who have never had health care are screaming "don't take away my health care". People working for minimum wage feel without the minimum wage law, their salaries will go up. These same people who are struggling to feed their families are screaming to cut food stamps. These same people who are working like dogs to provide something for their families are screaming don't tax billionaires because they earned it. Beside, they are the "job creators".

Everyone except Republicans knew when Bush Jr. became president, he would be a disaster. But he was so much worse than anyone could have imagined. That's what the GOP taking over the Senate will do. The only thing that unites them is "hate Obama".

It's like that guy from the video who couldn't name any Obama policy he liked. In fact, he couldn't name any Obama policy. And when asked about race, he said race had nothing to do with it. Only Obama is mulatto and he hates mulatto.

Or in Kentucky. Great example. They hate Obamacare. They said Obamacare should be like the wildly successful "Kynect". You know, what they renamed Obamacare in Kentucky?

With Republicans in control of the Senate, Obama can use executive action to do what needs to be done and Republicans will try to block everything and make the country hate their guts. That's the bottom line. Probably the only thing that will really suffer is passing Obama appointees. But they won't allow that to happen now. Besides, it only two more years. Let America see this disastrous GOP up close just before the next presidential elections.

Listening to the voices in your head again I see.

Nah. Don't need to. I just read news stories and listen to Republican leaders. They tell us everything we need to know.
and so do your buddies....see i can see that....how come you cant?....

How come you can't get any policy answers from these right wingnuts?

Obama has had so many sterling accomplishments in so many areas. Republicans had six years under Bush of controlling the entire government and besides enormous deficits, poverty, and war, what did they accomplish?

The mission. Don't you remember "mission accomplished" When bush landed on that carrier? Ok, we had to stay there a dozen years longer so good buddies like halliburton could make some money, but hey.

George W. Bush Declares Mission Accomplished mdash History.com Audio

That banner was put up the carrier because the crew of that carrier had finished their tour of duty and were headed home after accomplishing their "mission". It wasn't a banner that Bush's people put up. Quite frankly, every person that brings THAT up I find to be rather foolish.
Bull Pucky.

rdean said:
Republicans are 90% white, mostly Christian (not the good old fashioned kind, but the "let him die" kind that Jesus would hate), and are firmly anti science and anti education.

And it just keeps piling higher and deeper..... :D

Forum List

Back