"You didn't get there on your own"

As an Independent, I try to give both silly parties some latitude and a reasonable chance to govern. I agree with Obama on some things, disagree with him on others, but a couple of things he's saying really piss me off.

Mr President, I don't know if you really believe the mockery you've made of my efforts as a business owner, or whether that's just campaign rhetoric. But until you've walked a few miles in my shoes, you may want to lay off the crap.

One thing that's not being said - and the GOP won't say this - is the fact that there are MORE than a FEW times that a business owner is DAMAGED by their employees' actions and behaviors, and has to expend even MORE money and effort and sacrifice FIXING that damage. Obama wants to paint all workers as helpful little victims, when they are often quite the opposite.

But you wouldn't KNOW anything about that, WOULD you, Mr President?

what are you talking about?

Well, based on the topic of the thread, and based on the Obama comments on which it is based, I have to admit I don't understand why you would ask that.

you're railing about business being damaged by employees. i asked what you're talking about.

what are you talking about?

Well, based on the topic of the thread, and based on the Obama comments on which it is based, I have to admit I don't understand why you would ask that.

you're railing about business being damaged by employees. i asked what you're talking about.

My "railing about business being damaged by employees" is one part of the post, so I'll assume you agree with the rest of it.

Anyone who has either owned a business or has been in management will know precisely what I'm talking about. How difficult it is to find good, dependable people (even in this economy), the attitudes, the drama, the theft, the dishonesty, the entitlement - no, not every employee is like that, but enough are to create a significant drag on virtually any business. And when a business is still in its developmental stages, such issues can destroy it. Literally.

A business owner has experienced this, and would not be able to deny it.

My "railing about business being damaged by employees" is one part of the post, so I'll assume you agree with the rest of it.

Anyone who has either owned a business or has been in management will know precisely what I'm talking about. How difficult it is to find good, dependable people (even in this economy), the attitudes, the drama, the theft, the dishonesty, the entitlement - no, not every employee is like that, but enough are to create a significant drag on virtually any business. And when a business is still in its developmental stages, such issues can literally destroy it.

don't do that. i found the rest of your post fairly rambling. i'll tell you whether i agree or not. thanks. :)

my curiousity was tweaked by your comment so i asked. it sounded out of kilter with the subject and childish.

i ran a law practice for more than a decade. the people who worked for me never "damaged" me. they either did a good job or a bad job. if they did a bad job, they didn't stay working for me.

given that anyone can fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all, so long as it's not an illegal reason, i'm not sure what the issue is.

and the reason i asked what you're talking about is that it was irrelevant to any political discussion which occurred in this thread.

I'm sure all the BUSINESS people in the country LOVE hearing this shit from Obama

UnFrikenbelievable

please vote this Progressive idiot out

Rest assured... he's gone. He's beating himself in this election with the mind numbing stupid shit he's talking.

Anyone who has either owned a business or has been in management will know precisely what I'm talking about. How difficult it is to find good, dependable people (even in this economy), the attitudes, the drama, the theft, the dishonesty, the entitlement - no, not every employee is like that, but enough are to create a significant drag on virtually any business. And when a business is still in its developmental stages, such issues can literally destroy it.

don't do that. i found the rest of your post fairly rambling. i'll tell you whether i agree or not. thanks. :)

my curiousity was tweaked by your comment so i asked. it sounded out of kilter with the subject and childish.

i ran a law practice for more than a decade. the people who worked for me never "damaged" me. they either did a good job or a bad job. if they did a bad job, they didn't stay working for me.

given that anyone can fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all, so long as it's not an illegal reason, i'm not sure what the issue is.

and the reason i asked what you're talking about is that it was irrelevant to any political discussion which occurred in this thread.

Based on your experience in a law practice, I guess I'm wrong, since a law firm is so acutely indicative of the overall business environment in terms of the people it hires. I'm a partner in a CPA/Law/Financial Services firm, and these folks are like any other you'd find on the street or in an unemployment office. And the notion that "anyone can fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all" took my breath away for a few moments, I'm glad I was sitting down for that one.

Well, your experience has certainly shown me the error of my ways. You're right, business owners are lucky indeed to have the "workers" they do. "Workers" sacrifice far more than their employers, no shit.

Based on your experience in a law practice, I guess I'm wrong, since a law firm is so acutely indicative of the overall business environment in terms of the people it hires. I'm a partner in a CPA/Law/Financial Services firm, and these folks are like any other you'd find on the street or in an unemployment office. And the notion that "anyone can fire an employee for any reason or no reason at all" took my breath away for a few moments, I'm glad I was sitting down for that one.

Well, your experience has certainly shown me the error of my ways. You're right, business owners are lucky indeed to have the "workers" they do. "Workers" sacrifice far more than their employers, no shit.

again, you're railing about things which occurred in your personal experience. and i was asking why you think that personal experience should cause public policy to be biased against workers --- which apparently is what you want.

and you can fire people for no reason or any reason at all.

in right to work states, good luck finding an 'illegal' reason.

so it can take your breath away. but i reiterate....

what are you talking about as it relates to policy discussion.

They said that President Reagan was going to lose by a landslide too... that oh so accurate, liberal, pom pom squad called "the main stream media."

Pfft, and we all know how that turned out.

Yes, the kenyan should start packing now. His ass is getting kicked to the curb in November.

Obama.jpg

again, you're railing about things which occurred in your personal experience. and i was asking why you think that personal experience should cause public policy to be biased against workers --- which apparently is what you want.

and you can fire people for no reason or any reason at all.

in right to work states, good luck finding an 'illegal' reason.

so it can take your breath away. but i reiterate....

what are you talking about as it relates to policy discussion.

"Why I think that personal experience should cause public policy to be biased against workers." Oy. Straw man arguments give me gas. I didn't say that, so I won't defend it. Moving on...

Indeed, you can fire any person for any reason or no reason. Just dump their butts with zero warning. And then wait for your HR department (if you work for a larger company) or the employee's attorney (if you don't) to give you a friendly phone call. Having consulted for manufacturing, home health care, insurance, retail and blue-collar service businesses many years ago, I can tell you some delightful stories about that. If the pile of documentation about "warnings" and "coachings" for a lousy employee doesn't stand about an inch an a half off your desk, you may want to give that person another chance. But yes, you're right, fire 'em at will. Correct.

But that's not the point of my post. The point is that Obama either (a) is playing to the crowd as politicians do, calculating that the votes he'll gain from "workers" will outweigh the votes he loses from business owners - probably true - or (b) he really does have a low opinion of business owners based on zero experience of what it's like. In either case, I was very disappointed in the comments. Just little 'ol me. Not trying to force public policy.

I don't expect you to agree, because I think I know that you'll be voting for him, and that's that. But as a person who has grown businesses from nothing to something (with some definite failures sprinkled in for fun), I was insulted by his comments. Just little 'ol me.

And my apologies for "rambling".

What did Obama say that Made a mockery of your efforts as a business owner? Are you butthurt that he has announced the fact that you are not as self-made as you like to think you are?

Regarding your employee problems.....I suggest that you establish an effective orientation program and develop strategies that give your hires ownership of their occupations.

http://www.noellenelson.com/docs/American Venture Magazine - 10-3-06.pdf

I have no idea how to respond to a comment such as this from a person who knows absolutely nothing about my background or experience.

But whatever it is, I'm sure you're right. Thank you for your input.

President Obama unwittingly defined himself as clueless about business in Roanoke late last week:
If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

And of course, since you did nothing to build your business, it belongs to "the people" -- along with any wealth or profit derived from it. Pretty much what Lenin had to say about the matter, if you recall.

The president is obviously clueless about what it takes to start a business from scratch, having never done anything remotely like that, since his career has consisted entirely of suckling at the government teat....

Read more: Articles: Nobody Else Made It Happen, Mr. President

President Obama unwittingly defined himself as clueless about business in Roanoke late last week:
If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

And of course, since you did nothing to build your business, it belongs to "the people" -- along with any wealth or profit derived from it. Pretty much what Lenin had to say about the matter, if you recall.

The president is obviously clueless about what it takes to start a business from scratch, having never done anything remotely like that, since his career has consisted entirely of suckling at the government teat....

Read more: Articles: Nobody Else Made It Happen, Mr. President

Obama has been raised as a communist and a muslim all his life.

He doesn't think like we do.

We can't expect him to be something that he isn't.

That's the problem with his supporters. They think he's a liberal. They think he has their best interests at heart. Anything he does to help anyone is a bribe just to get him through the next election. He's buying votes by ignoring immigration laws and by changing welfare work requirements.

His goal is to take away our freedoms. One of them he's getting ready to spring on us after the election is gun ownership. He's going to take away our right to bare arms if he's re-elected. At the University of Chicago he made it clear he didn't think anyone had the right to own guns. It's why he said red-necks cling to their guns and their religion. He's anti-gun and anti-Christian.

Wake the fuck up.

Last edited:
He's going to take away our right to bare arms

Oh muddy muddy muddy. Obama will still let you wear your wife beater tank tops and bare all the arm you want. You lucky fuk you.

Mac.....

Can you tell us what comments you are disappointed in or insulted by and why?

I already have.

Forgive me. I missed them. All I read was you saying that you are disappointed and insulted. Did you cite the specific comments that made you feel that way?

Maybe you can point me to the post. I went back as far as page 47. Was it further back?

Forum List

Back