You don't need much meat.....just a little...

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
Yep, a vegan diet is not easy for most people. There is a huge difference between a vegan diet and vegetarian diet. A vegan diet eliminates all animal by products. That means no eggs, no milk, no butter, no cream, no yogurt, no cheese, nothing cooked in animal fat, and of course no beef, no pork, no chicken, no turkey, no seafood, etc.

I have two vegetarians in my family. Occasional they cheat but for most part they don't eat meat. They are very healthy and have little trouble finding food they like when dinning at home or eating out. One is a great cook and she cooks the most delicious vegetarian meals.

I also have a vegan in the family, a beautiful 22 year old girl. She been a vegan for about 8 years. She is about 25 pounds under weight, yet she's obsessively concerned about getting fat. The doctor said she really sees herself as being fat. She's Anorexia and Bulimic. She goes for days eating nothing but a few salads, some tofu, and breads. Then she binge eats pastas and Mediterranean food and vomits it up. When she goes out she eats little or nothing and if she does she probably vomit it. She been to two clinics that treat eating disorders. One doctor said unless she gets control of her eating, she may not make it past 30.

If you have a teenager in your family that is obsessive about dieting to loose weight and wants to be a vegan, do whatever you can to persuade her to delay the decision till she's a bit older and understands what she's getting into. Once you're a vegan for a few years, it is not easy to return to meat diet.

This is not to say that you can't be a vegan and be very healthy. You just have understand what you're getting into.

Last edited:
Those who worry about their health the most, die the youngest.

If I'm going to live 5 years longer but can't eat and drink what I want................F that. What does one miss the last 5 yrs of life anyway???...Drooling
I am 55 and deadlift 400lbs and am going to ride my bicycle 50 miles tomorrow. Had chicken for dinner.

You wanna ride with me vegetable brain

If I'm going to live 5 years longer but can't eat and drink what I want................F that. What does one miss the last 5 yrs of life anyway???...Drooling
I am 55 and deadlift 400lbs and am going to ride my bicycle 50 miles tomorrow. Had chicken for dinner.

Awesome, my son is getting me into weightlifting and I am starting at some embarrassingly low weights. LOL It'll be awhile before I dead lift 400.

It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

that's pretty much what i eat when it comes to meat.

chicken & turkey. i'm not a fish eater & i'll have beef maybe 5x a year...

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....

It's not meat in general IMO but red meat. I'm trying to cut back on red meat and be more balanced between chicken, turkey, salmon, and beef/pork.

turkey sausage ( sweet italian ) is great in sauce for pasta & i'll take it out of its casing to make patties for grilling. add a slice of cheese & sauteed peppers.... yummmmm....
I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.

Awesome, my son is getting me into weightlifting and I am starting at some embarrassingly low weights. LOL It'll be awhile before I dead lift 400.
I started lifting when I was 10, since they closed my gym I have started cycling even though my son is using my home gym

I eat beef/pork every week and grill salmon once a week also. You ought to try grilling salmon. If you do it right it right it's not "fishy" at all.

i know - but i really can't bring myself to eat it. i will enjoy a big plate of fried clams (no bellies) when i am in a seafood restaurant though.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO

First time I've agreed with the Awful Dude ... EVA!!
C-19 meat shortages could be a blessing in disguise ...
But don't F with my occasional steak or Donnie's hamberders! :)

2rd1tb.jpg

Hope you're successful because it can make a big difference in your life. If enough people did this it could make life so much better for everyone.
I wouldn't want to spoil my pretty face, so I'll eat meat every day.

I am an enormous carnivore...lol.....
I had to cut back for health reasons and though I don't keep track I'm probably close to being a daily guy too. I thought it was interesting to note though that our actual needs are very small and that most amino acids are available from plants with one or two that are very hard to find available in meat. But once that need is satisfied we don't actually need the meat for some time...

JO
That's true, you need very little meat, actually you don't don't need any meat at all. Vegetable proteins can provide all the proteins you need without the cholesterol and saturated fat that will put you in an early grave . There's more to it than just your health. If you and the rest of world would cut just one serving of meat from your diet each day it would make a huge difference in the world. The primary reason the rain forest is being destroyed is to provide meat, primarily for hamburgers. Unlike other forests, the rain forest can not be recreated. Once it's gone, it's gone forever and so are the thousands of animals and plant species that inhabit it. So when you bite into that triple burger, ask yourself, is it really worth cutting years off your life and doing your bit to save the planet? The most common answer is yes because most people live in the her and now. They wrongly think that life 10, 20, or 30 years from now will not be just as precious to them as it is now and the damage to earth is not their problem.

If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.

If you can get fresh salmon, grill it lightly, just enough to cook it but not so much as to dry it out. Serve it with just a little lemon and butter sauce, a baked potato and a fresh salad and Oh' my God, what great meal and it's good for you. Salmon is rich in fish oils.
I think we need food forum. It would be a hell of lot better than all political crap.

I think we need food forum. It would be a hell of lot better than all political crap.
Yes I have learned that timing is everything with Salmon. I do a simple sauce with brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable oil and grill it open faced on foil. I never have any complaints!

soy, nuts & beans are good sources of protein.
So is a ribeye and t-bone

but they don't clog yer arteries. enjoy...
Neither do ribeye or t-bones
What clogs your arteries is cholesterol and fatty deposits from those juicy steaks. People say you can get lean meat that's healthy. Have you every eaten really lean steaks lacking in marbled fat and those delicious juices? I prefer a good piece of salmon.

Forum List

Back